GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
We are hanging in there. The good sides find a way to win when challenged. Great to see in the last qtr we stepped up.

Reactions: 1 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Well ordinary game is a step up from terrible. You're view is progressing. Again you said he butchered the ball alot. Fact is he didn't at 76% efficiency. Rating if you subscribe to that was 12th for the Tigers by SC score. I don't generally. I didn't see him fumble a lot, will check again when I watch the replay. Have been a critic of Pickett at times, particularly around his disposal, but last night he made some really good decisions under the pump imo of course.
Agree it is the occasional kick out of d50 that Pickett turns it over in a dangerous place.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
These wins are crucial. We aren’t playing amazing football - but we are grinding the wins. Limited minutes to some stars. Giving players opportunity. Getting games into some kids. We are hanging in there for one last push to the finish line - timing (with some luck) is everything.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Funny how essendon gets talked up.

Pretty standard dreamtime game. Essendon get close, brave, fall short.

Jordan Lewis asked after the game which Vic club should Cerra choose if he moves back. Reckons essendon. Laughable. What kid would want to spend the next 10 years out at that dump at Tullamarine, enjoying Pie Face for lunch every day?

Reactions: 3 users

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Now there's a bloke I just cannot stand, turn the Telly or radio off immediately I hear his voice ............. Brad Johnson ! Have never seen a bloke fake laugh more often in my *smiling" life than this clown, can't even finish a sentence without laughing/schoolgirl-giggle about something that has NO humour in it whatsoever, guys a total "smiling" wank job and an embarrassment to anyone that hires him.
Plus routinely talks over the top of co hosts

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Just about to watch the replay, what a nasty vicious Cat playing with the Rat type game, cruised out to a 4 goal lead, let them think they were back in it a few times, then as every Bomber supporter started typing some sought of dribble , no doubt with the words “ win” “dynasty over” “thanks for Truck” set to hit there social media accounts , we yanked the cheese and smashed em with a hammer .......nice

Reactions: 8 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Apart from about 20mins of the game- I thought they were very average and we kept them in touch with sloppy errors.
I’m with you there 8, I thought the Richmond way looked closer, however we just made basic errors I.e kicking skills , missed tackles , bad choices

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
It's annoying and probably trolling but every time I go to call it out, I stop and think perhaps dimmauchamp might actually be that negative about everything and I shouldn't exacerbate it.
Might be, and there's plenty of space for it on Bigfooty. We're all emotional but there's a point when you're just being antisocial.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
OK, something we can agree on at least ! Well he's not the worst going around though, but to let an outside-meekly-timid type get 43+ possies is inexcusable, he's the type that is unsighted when there's a player willing to stick tight to him all game.
You’ve got this wrong even with the benefit of hindsight. Parish is playing elite midfield football this year. Watch the replay again, clearly the best player on the park. He’s not a skinny flanker no more.

Reactions: 1 user

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
When did Zaharakis leave the field? That would have left Essendon with only 23 players. This could have contributed to them running out of puff in the last 12 minutes of the game when we slammed on 7 goals.

This is not taking anything away from the mighty Tigers, particularly the fight back after being headed. This was a great win.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Dumb play cost us goals. Only thing that kept the game close.

Dimma mentioned goals against in the presser. Now that mid and forward is humming nicely, this is what gets fixed next.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yep, my Footy FOXTEL (ch504 or UHD 508 occasionally is superb) or 7HD (ch 207) are both high quality pictures, clear as a bell and very crisp sharpness.
I don’t get ch 207 on Foxtel. If I want to watch 7HD I have to switch the input over to TV and watch that. The 7HD picture is clearly inferior to Foxtel HD picture.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just about to watch the replay, what a nasty vicious Cat playing with the Rat type game, cruised out to a 4 goal lead, let them think they were back in it a few times, then as every Bomber supporter started typing some sought of dribble , no doubt with the words “ win” “dynasty over” “thanks for Truck” set to hit there social media accounts , we yanked the cheese and smashed em with a hammer .......nice
Pretty much what I said to my Bummers mate after the game; like a cat playing with an injured mouse! Notwithstanding I didn’t think we played that well and I thought we were in real strife when they hit the front. But he doesn’t need to know that!

He just whinged about the umpires ha ha ha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I like Harrison and Cox,
Perkins is good too but Essendon are miles off winning a flag.
There are a lot of holes to fill

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Our defence looks a bit off
Houli is really struggling, BigV isn't the same BigV, Grimey was good last night, Broad has been the best of the back 6 this year

Reactions: 4 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
For those at the ground - what was your take on the half time entertainment?
Morning Tiger fans,
The entertainment was ok L2, it was limited in preparation and also by execution due to the covid rules. Nothing that will be etched into my mind as good or bad.
The game, Ess set up really well behind the ball which is why there is some consternation regarding our defence. Our defence played really well, they were under the pump 50% of the time each quarter. The bombers locked that ball in with efficiency and discipline every single time. Often we were forced to kick down the line because that extra 30 meters to an out number is better than an out number within one kick to goal. On the occasion we kicked into the centre we were under the pump in the same manner as the out number down the line.
Our forward line struggled because of the above, the bombers were disciplined in flooding the half forward and often or always outnumbered us going forward, until the last 15 min that is.
Start of the last we had Chol off and I'm pretty sure Grimes off (correct me if I'm wrong) the ground and it showed. They got the 4 in 10 min. We couldn't get our mids to touch the pill. Backline did really well and noticed Broad stood up. Enter Chol enter our mids, the right boys started to get the ball in hand. We never looked back.
One noticeable aspect for mine was how we ran over the top of the ground at the end, our pressure rating felt like it went through the roof and we rolled them. They were spent chasing us. We finally got space which the had not afford us all night.
Prestia was moving well after the game, he was on the ground and appeared without niggle. Not sure what the official line is.
Shai was gold, when he got involved.
CJ is starting to understand he is a big kid. Played well.
Chol, stepped up and accepted the responsibility. Great to see.
Balta, what an athlete. Caught out of position a few times but mostly caused by turn overs. The back six are getting their mojo back dont worry about that. The bombers were no slouches with ball movement, believe it or not they out richonded us a few times.
Prestia is a rolls Royce. His hands are sublime.
Aarts was everywhere, frustrating at times but his effort cannot be questioned and he hits the ball hard.
Pickett took the north wing (and ruck) and covered so much ground, we are lucky to have him, im not sure another player on our list wants to be put in that spot. Their ruck played really well too.
BOG - not sure of the stats apart from the ess kid who got it, merett, dusty, their ruck and Bolton were noticeable.
It was a solid game in slippery conditions and a worthy celebration of the Sir Doug Nicholls round.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Had a similar feel to last week ,

A few momentum shifts but overall the better team won comfortably enough