GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Might be, and there's plenty of space for it on Bigfooty. We're all emotional but there's a point when you're just being antisocial.
Ive never been a poster on Bigfooty , my high intellect just wouldn’t fit ;) Seriously though when I’ve had a look there it’s like cowardly social media keyboard warrior stuff , it’s the best thing about PRE, it’s like having a beer at the pub talking footy with your mates , no personal attacks , difference of options welcomed and a much more mature way too look at the footy, however except the game day thread , that’s just pure emotion.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Pav commented on that after the game. It surprised him, too. It seemed that every neutral jumped on them, because outside of our own supporter base, we are the most hated team in the league. You gotta love it. Imagine what it will be like if we threepeat this year.
I know when they were scanning the ground pre game , it appeared red and black everywhere

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Really surprised how pro Essendon the crowd was, thought it would have been the other way around
Someone on here who was at the ground said it was full of yellow and black.
He needs his eyes and ears checked.
On Tv it sounded like it was 80% Essendon.
I don't mind it, we building a culture now where we can block the crowd out from the Adelaide oval to the Gabba and now Optus.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Morning Tiger fans,
The entertainment was ok L2, it was limited in preparation and also by execution due to the covid rules. Nothing that will be etched into my mind as good or bad.
The game, Ess set up really well behind the ball which is why there is some consternation regarding our defence. Our defence played really well, they were under the pump 50% of the time each quarter. The bombers locked that ball in with efficiency and discipline every single time. Often we were forced to kick down the line because that extra 30 meters to an out number is better than an out number within one kick to goal. On the occasion we kicked into the centre we were under the pump in the same manner as the out number down the line.
Our forward line struggled because of the above, the bombers were disciplined in flooding the half forward and often or always outnumbered us going forward, until the last 15 min that is.
Start of the last we had Chol off and I'm pretty sure Grimes off (correct me if I'm wrong) the ground and it showed. They got the 4 in 10 min. We couldn't get our mids to touch the pill. Backline did really well and noticed Broad stood up. Enter Chol enter our mids, the right boys started to get the ball in hand. We never looked back.
One noticeable aspect for mine was how we ran over the top of the ground at the end, our pressure rating felt like it went through the roof and we rolled them. They were spent chasing us. We finally got space which the had not afford us all night.
Prestia was moving well after the game, he was on the ground and appeared without niggle. Not sure what the official line is.
Shai was gold, when he got involved.
CJ is starting to understand he is a big kid. Played well.
Chol, stepped up and accepted the responsibility. Great to see.
Balta, what an athlete. Caught out of position a few times but mostly caused by turn overs. The back six are getting their mojo back dont worry about that. The bombers were no slouches with ball movement, believe it or not they out richonded us a few times.
Prestia is a rolls Royce. His hands are sublime.
Aarts was everywhere, frustrating at times but his effort cannot be questioned and he hits the ball hard.
Pickett took the north wing (and ruck) and covered so much ground, we are lucky to have him, im not sure another player on our list wants to be put in that spot. Their ruck played really well too.
BOG - not sure of the stats apart from the ess kid who got it, merett, dusty, their ruck and Bolton were noticeable.
It was a solid game in slippery conditions and a worthy celebration of the Sir Doug Nicholls round.

Great review HR.

I think in most of our games you can clearly tell when we have our A rotations in vs our B rotations.

Reactions: 1 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Great review HR.

I think in most of our games you can clearly tell when we have our A rotations in vs our B rotations.
Cotch started on the bench a bit ut was out there rallying the troops when needed, the bombers brought the heat to the centre clearances and pushed real hard when our best were up forward or on the pine. The bombers mids were good all night, good pressure, forward handball and spread. They just couldnt go with us all night particularly being one of their best down for 80% of the night. Not having a go at Chol cause he played well but with Nank in we would have been on par even with our second stringers in.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
We let a non-finalist team score 84 points against us, with almost 50% of that score occurring in a 15-minute window.

That 15-minute window is happening more often this year.

Why is it happening?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well ordinary game is a step up from terrible. You're view is progressing. Again you said he butchered the ball alot. Fact is he didn't at 76% efficiency. Rating if you subscribe to that was 12th for the Tigers by SC score. I don't generally. I didn't see him fumble a lot, will check again when I watch the replay. Have been a critic of Pickett at times, particularly around his disposal, but last night he made some really good decisions under the pump imo of course.
I’ve been through the entire game. Noted every possession and time of them.

He hit his target 41% of the time overall. I’ll say that again for you: 41%.

He had 2 missed kicks and 2 that were effective - one being lace out to Chol with 15.12 to go in the third quarter.

From his 13 handballs 8 missed a team mate and hit the ground. Some were just outright hack efforts. A bunch of them hit the ground and often missed a team mate by a mile, but fortunately for us a number also bounced up and we were able to recover - which goes down as an effective stat. (One or two even resulted in a goal eg 1.25 to go in the last quarter where he handballed to nobody in particular but it bounced up for Rioli who goalled.)

But otherwise his disposal was bloody ordinary and lacked composure.

If you think having only 4 kicks for a game, two of which were balls ups and then missing 8 out of 13 handballs is a good game with good disposal, then you and I will have to agree to disagree TL.

Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Pickett's disposal is often what I call "loopy" or "noodly". It's not crisp and I suspect it's some sort of mental thing where he's over-thinking it.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Morning Tiger fans,
The entertainment was ok L2, it was limited in preparation and also by execution due to the covid rules. Nothing that will be etched into my mind as good or bad.
The game, Ess set up really well behind the ball which is why there is some consternation regarding our defence. Our defence played really well, they were under the pump 50% of the time each quarter. The bombers locked that ball in with efficiency and discipline every single time. Often we were forced to kick down the line because that extra 30 meters to an out number is better than an out number within one kick to goal. On the occasion we kicked into the centre we were under the pump in the same manner as the out number down the line.
Our forward line struggled because of the above, the bombers were disciplined in flooding the half forward and often or always outnumbered us going forward, until the last 15 min that is.
Start of the last we had Chol off and I'm pretty sure Grimes off (correct me if I'm wrong) the ground and it showed. They got the 4 in 10 min. We couldn't get our mids to touch the pill. Backline did really well and noticed Broad stood up. Enter Chol enter our mids, the right boys started to get the ball in hand. We never looked back.
One noticeable aspect for mine was how we ran over the top of the ground at the end, our pressure rating felt like it went through the roof and we rolled them. They were spent chasing us. We finally got space which the had not afford us all night.
Prestia was moving well after the game, he was on the ground and appeared without niggle. Not sure what the official line is.
Shai was gold, when he got involved.
CJ is starting to understand he is a big kid. Played well.
Chol, stepped up and accepted the responsibility. Great to see.
Balta, what an athlete. Caught out of position a few times but mostly caused by turn overs. The back six are getting their mojo back dont worry about that. The bombers were no slouches with ball movement, believe it or not they out richmonded us a few times.
Prestia is a rolls Royce. His hands are sublime.
Aarts was everywhere, frustrating at times but his effort cannot be questioned and he hits the ball hard.
Pickett took the north wing (and ruck) and covered so much ground, we are lucky to have him, im not sure another player on our list wants to be put in that spot. Their ruck played really well too.
BOG - not sure of the stats apart from the ess kid who got it, merett, dusty, their ruck and Bolton were noticeable.
It was a solid game in slippery conditions and a worthy celebration of the Sir Doug Nicholls round.

Thanks for this, always good to hear from those at the ground. With the narrow camera angles you don't see the structures and what is going on around half a kick away from the ball along with how everyone is positioned when either team is trying to get out of defence.

DS

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Pickett's disposal is often what I call "loopy" or "noodly". It's not crisp and I suspect it's some sort of mental thing where he's over-thinking it.
Well, he goes from rib eye to chuck steak with it sometimes. As TBR pointed out v Blandbane, he had a terrible game running at just 40% disposal efficiency overall. And with 15 handballs and 5 kicks. That’s real bad.

But then he can have great moments and decent games with it too. The kick to Chol last night was superb.

Last edited:

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Oleg Markov going forwards at a great rate of knots, just at the wrong club.

The milk has been spilt clean it up, time to move on.

He wanted out we didn't want him to go but the club did the right thing by him, end of story imo.

Reactions: 7 users