GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Apparently Essendon did well being without Shiel, Caldwell and McGrath for a majority of the game.

Nank. Astbury. Lambert. Lynch.

Reactions: 1 user

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Just think his time is close. Would never doubt his commitment but against the quicker teams I see a noticeable drop off, particularly in his disposal decisions due to being rushed.
Oh there is no doubt he is close, carrying this team on his shoulders as he did for so long between '10-'16, before the turnaround in '17 will have that effect on anybody down the line, to be honest, I'm totally amazed he has lasted this long after all the turmoil of his first 9 years, he looked Aged and Tired to me 5 years ago but has comeback time and time again when I thought he was gone. Fair chance thiis could be his last and if so, it's been an absolute delight to have witnessed. Deserves another Premiership to finish on and cap one great career.

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
I don’t get ch 207 on Foxtel. If I want to watch 7HD I have to switch the input over to TV and watch that. The 7HD picture is clearly inferior to Foxtel HD picture.
So in other words, you dont pay the extra for HD channels Riddles ? I can't say I've ever watched the 207 channel I have to watch the Footy, ad's shiite/bore me to tears these day's and I'm quite happy to pay extra NOT to have to see them.
No doubt at all that there are different levels of HD as you say, these bassturds can do and choose what quality they send out to viewers and we get NO say in it whatsoever, which sucks.

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Our defence looks a bit off
Houli is really struggling, BigV isn't the same BigV, Grimey was good last night, Broad has been the best of the back 6 this year
Took some decent marks but your right, still seems a little off does Flossy. Maybe that head knock has affected him more than we realise, he'll come good, been an outstanding talent for this club and a vital part of that rebounding defence to attack.

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Geeez! Winch might just be a tad closer to Colac than the Bellarine Peninsula. Closest thing ever to a wave out at Winch would've come from big Bolt Donahue easing into a bath.
Torquay and Anglesea a Bee's *smile* closer TM, but not much in it...............................Not sure Big Larry every eased into anything, did he ?

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Watched the replay and took more notice of the commentary. God Richo - was barracking for the bombers IMO. Needs to get over this not being bias stuff. Very bad. Seemed all our marks (CCJ) were touched and free kicks not paid to Bombers (Grimes) were the difference. Oh well - winners are grinners i guess.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
So in other words, you dont pay the extra for HD channels Riddles ? I can't say I've ever watched the 207 channel I have to watch the Footy, ad's shiite/bore me to tears these day's and I'm quite happy to pay extra NOT to have to see them.
No doubt at all that there are different levels of HD as you say, these bassturds can do and choose what quality they send out to viewers and we get NO say in it whatsoever, which sucks.
No I’ve got the platinum package Jack; the works which includes every Foxtel HD channel. It’s just that not all of the FTA channels are available on Foxtel. For example I get regular 7 channel and 7 mate but not 7HD. I’ll have a look at my settings and see if I need to do an update. It’s not really a big deal as I can flick back to the antenna if I want to watch a FTA channel on HD. I’ve only noticed it because I record The Front Bar through Foxtel IQ4 box and I can only get it on the 7 SD channel. The picture is woeful.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I’ve been through the entire game. Noted every possession and time of them.

He hit his target 41% of the time overall. I’ll say that again for you: 41%.

He had 2 missed kicks and 2 that were effective - one being lace out to Chol with 15.12 to go in the third quarter.

From his 13 handballs 8 missed a team mate and hit the ground. Some were just outright hack efforts. A bunch of them hit the ground and often missed a team mate by a mile, but fortunately for us a number also bounced up and we were able to recover - which goes down as an effective stat. (One or two even resulted in a goal eg 1.25 to go in the last quarter where he handballed to nobody in particular but it bounced up for Rioli who goalled.)

But otherwise his disposal was bloody ordinary and lacked composure.

If you think having only 4 kicks for a game, two of which were balls ups and then missing 8 out of 13 handballs is a good game with good disposal, then you and I will have to agree to disagree TL.
I started thinking, geez maybe I was wrong, is the ol' eyesight starting to play tricks on me, but seriously now I know you're just taking the p!ss. I've watched the first 3 quarters (don't have time to watch the last atm) and I'm even more impressed by Pickett's game. What really stood out how hard he run up and down the ground all the way into the D50 and F50. Then to have to ruck AND play on the wing. Hurculean effort when you think about it. And his defensive play created turnovers and goals. Not to mention a lot of his disposal was under immense pressure, he had 11 contested possessions, the most for the team.

Your comments regarding his disposal are just so far away from what actually happened. Here's what I saw with time to go as a reference point. People can make their own judgement if they want to check but it looks like bias to me. There were certainly a lot of missed targets all night. Cotchin, Edwards, Baker, Graham. Dusty, Balta, Houli, Prestia, Baker, Castagna, saw them all miss targets or hit the opposition player at times. There was a lot of it in the match but I just don't understand singling out Pickett especially since it didn't really happen much at all. Remember you were the one who said he butchered the ball a lot and was very ordinary.

Disposal efficiency first 3 quarters; Kicks 66%, Handballs 89%, Total 83%

WhenKick/HBEfficient?Notes
Q1 17:57Beautiful tackle on McGrath - rendered him finished for the night
Q1 10:48Won tough contested ball, tapped onto Balta
Q1 8:47Lucky to not give a free away after Bomber mark
Q1 7:55KickYMark on 50, short pass to Reiwoldt for shot at goal
Q1 5:31HandballYGreat tackle & then handball under pressure to Chol who dropped it
Q1 4:48Ricochets of boot to Baker in D50
Q1 2:18HandballYD50 receives from Chol perfect handball to Prestia
Q1 1:54HandballNF50 handball to opposition under immense pressure
Q2 13:30HandballYGreat front a centre, handballed as being takled over top in front of Martin to run onto
Q2 11:14Centre bounce tackle & turnover to our advantage and again (twice)
Q2 8:36F50 beautiful tackle - created Caddy's goal
Q2 6:32HandballYD50 won contested ball - perfect handdball backwards to Balta
Q2 6:13KickND50 rushed his kick & turned it over
Q3 15:10KickYPerfect long kick to Chol after picking up off the ground
Q3 13:56HandballYD50, positioned himself in between 2 Bombers in marking contest to effect spoil, then under immense pressure beautiful handball to Edwards
Q3 11:31HandballYWins ground ball, handball in front of Bolton, not perfect but effective
Q3 10:57HandballYTapped out to him from ball up, handballs forward under immense pressure to Chol's advantage
Q3 9:19Pressured player Perkins to cause turnover
Q3 8:15D15, great hit out to Edwards from ball up
Q3 6:31HandballYFlew for mark against 2, won ball, perfect handball to Houli under pressure, Houli turns over his kick

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
We let a non-finalist team score 84 points against us, with almost 50% of that score occurring in a 15-minute window.

That 15-minute window is happening more often this year.

Why is it happening?
Getting a little to cutsey with kicks occasionally and not doing the 1%ers as well, plus there has to be some complacency after the run we've been on the last 4 years you'd have to think.

Our continuance of handballing to team mates in worse postions is wearing very very thin on me and if I see Shorty or Bachar take a kickout from a point again and kick the ball a foot outside the Square, I'll deadset Spew Up. Why is it that every other team takes the 40 yd advantage (without a single bounce most times) these new rules have allowed, yet we tend to want to take 4 kicks of 14 yds to get the same distance ?............. infuriating stuff ! :mad:

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
No I’ve got the platinum package Jack; the works which includes every Foxtel HD channel. It’s just that not all of the FTA channels are available on Foxtel. For example I get regular 7 channel and 7 mate but not 7HD. I’ll have a look at my settings and see if I need to do an update. It’s not really a big deal as I can flick back to the antenna if I want to watch a FTA channel on HD. I’ve only noticed it because I record The Front Bar through Foxtel IQ4 box and I can only get it on the 7 SD channel. The picture is woeful.
Yep, Premium is what I also have ........ so the regualr 7 is 107 ? Yep, definetely do a scan, somethings NOT RIGHT that you don't have 207.

So you dont get ANY of the Network HD channels Riddles ? (202, 207, 209 and 210)

Could it have something to do with geographics maybe ? I know my Brother lived at Cranbourne way and something to do with having Foxtel CABLE compared to Foxtel Satelite meant getting different channels, never did understand what that was all about !

I'd for sure get into the setttings though, you should be getting those 200 HD Network Channels

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I started thinking, geez maybe I was wrong, is the ol' eyesight starting to play tricks on me, but seriously now I know you're just taking the p!ss. I've watched the first 3 quarters (don't have time to watch the last atm) and I'm even more impressed by Pickett's game. What really stood out how hard he run up and down the ground all the way into the D50 and F50. Then to have to ruck AND play on the wing. Hurculean effort when you think about it. And his defensive play created turnovers and goals. Not to mention a lot of his disposal was under immense pressure, he had 11 contested possessions, the most for the team.

Your comments regarding his disposal are just so far away from what actually happened. Here's what I saw with time to go as a reference point. People can make their own judgement if they want to check but it looks like bias to me. There were certainly a lot of missed targets all night. Cotchin, Edwards, Baker, Graham. Dusty, Balta, Houli, Prestia, Baker, Castagna, saw them all miss targets or hit the opposition player at times. There was a lot of it in the match but I just don't understand singling out Pickett especially since it didn't really happen much at all. Remember you were the one who said he butchered the ball a lot and was very ordinary.

Disposal efficiency first 3 quarters; Kicks 66%, Handballs 89%, Total 83%

WhenKick/HBEfficient?Notes
Q1 17:57Beautiful tackle on McGrath - rendered him finished for the night
Q1 10:48Won tough contested ball, tapped onto Balta
Q1 8:47Lucky to not give a free away after Bomber mark
Q1 7:55KickYMark on 50, short pass to Reiwoldt for shot at goal
Q1 5:31HandballYGreat tackle & then handball under pressure to Chol who dropped it
Q1 4:48Ricochets of boot to Baker in D50
Q1 2:18HandballYD50 receives from Chol perfect handball to Prestia
Q1 1:54HandballNF50 handball to opposition under immense pressure
Q2 13:30HandballYGreat front a centre, handballed as being takled over top in front of Martin to run onto
Q2 11:14Centre bounce tackle & turnover to our advantage and again (twice)
Q2 8:36F50 beautiful tackle - created Caddy's goal
Q2 6:32HandballYD50 won contested ball - perfect handdball backwards to Balta
Q2 6:13KickND50 rushed his kick & turned it over
Q3 15:10KickYPerfect long kick to Chol after picking up off the ground
Q3 13:56HandballYD50, positioned himself in between 2 Bombers in marking contest to effect spoil, then under immense pressure beautiful handball to Edwards
Q3 11:31HandballYWins ground ball, handball in front of Bolton, not perfect but effective
Q3 10:57HandballYTapped out to him from ball up, handballs forward under immense pressure to Chol's advantage
Q3 9:19Pressured player Perkins to cause turnover
Q3 8:15D15, great hit out to Edwards from ball up
Q3 6:31HandballYFlew for mark against 2, won ball, perfect handball to Houli under pressure, Houli turns over his kick
Please. You have conveniently omitted each and every time the ball missed a Richmond player and hit the ground adding in all this subjective non disposal related junk about the rest of his game like “flew for this” and “contested that” and “ran up and down the ground” as well. Who cares. That’s standard football situations and for every player. Every missed target was “under pressure” or “to someone’s advantage” even if it missed them by a mile. Or if it was executed properly it was done so “perfectly” or “beautifully.”

You made the statement his disposal wasn’t as bad as I said. All you’ve done is conflate to other parts of his game throwing in a heap of non disposal items and even resorting to the reference of other players. Again who cares, we’re talking about Pickett and his disposal.

Since when is a tackle a disposal ? Since when is vaguely pressuring a player a disposal ? And furthermore, if you were gonna throw in those non disposal related items into your table why didn’t you also have the honesty to include the two frees he gave away ? Think I know who’s taking the *smile* and resorting to bias....

Otherwise, his hit target rate was 47% (adjusted up for a handball hit I re classified). And that’s the facts. Not emotive non related rhetoric. He was a fortunate rub of the green night away from having another Brisbane horror where he missed everything in sight that night as well and ended up with an efficiency of 40% simply because it didn’t sit up for his team mates like it did last night. Last night masked his true effectiveness.

And yes you better get your eyes checked because besides giving the tick to a bunch of disposals that missed their target and were lucky to get the rub of the green, you couldn’t get the recipients right either e.g. 3rd quarter with 6.31 to go it’s a handball to Aarts not Houli.

Last edited:

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Watched the replay and took more notice of the commentary. God Richo - was barracking for the bombers IMO. Needs to get over this not being bias stuff. Very bad. Seemed all our marks (CCJ) were touched and free kicks not paid to Bombers (Grimes) were the difference. Oh well - winners are grinners i guess.
he does this all the time and its super annoying.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yep, Premium is what I also have ........ so the regualr 7 is 107 ? Yep, definetely do a scan, somethings NOT RIGHT that you don't have 207.

So you dont get ANY of the Network HD channels Riddles ? (202, 207, 209 and 210)

Could it have something to do with geographics maybe ? I know my Brother lived at Cranbourne way and something to do with having Foxtel CABLE compared to Foxtel Satelite meant getting different channels, never did understand what that was all about !

I'd for sure get into the setttings though, you should be getting those 200 HD Network Channels
Yeah I had a look and the FTA HD channels don’t seem to be available through Foxtel. I recall now it does have something to do with cable v satellite. I’ve got a satellite dish and I believe they can’t put as many channels through this as they can put through a cable. I got Foxtel about 6 years ago and couldn’t get cable because the cable point was outside my neighbour’s property and the Foxtel tech said he couldn’t run the cable across his property. When I pointed out that was a ridiculous as there was already a phone cable running across the same spot he didn’t care. So I had to get a satellite dish.

Apparently all new Foxtel connections are satellite now as the NBN company now owns all the cable. All existing cable connections will eventually be swapped to satellite.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Really surprised how pro Essendon the crowd was, thought it would have been the other way around
Nah I’m not surprised. I read somewhere Essendon has a big following in Perth; probably it’s biggest support base outside of Victoria. Sheedy did a power of work growing the Essendon brand nationally in the 80s.

I reckon we have arguably the biggest supporter base in Victoria but we’re probably behind Bombers and Scumwood nationally.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Yeah I had a look and the FTA HD channels don’t seem to be available through Foxtel. I recall now it does have something to do with cable v satellite. I’ve got a satellite dish and I believe they can’t put as many channels through this as they can put through a cable. I got Foxtel about 6 years ago and couldn’t get cable because the cable point was outside my neighbour’s property and the Foxtel tech said he couldn’t run the cable across his property. When I pointed out that was a ridiculous as there was already a phone cable running across the same spot he didn’t care. So I had to get a satellite dish.

Apparently all new Foxtel connections are satellite now as the NBN company now owns all the cable. All existing cable connections will eventually be swapped to satellite.
Likewise we have a satellite dish and can only get channel 2 and SBS. Does not worry us too much as we have a set top box to get the FTA channels if we wish.
Never really watch channel 2 or SBS anyway.