GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Took it to a new level with how to fix the issue. .... Each club brings their own umpire, with the AFL providing the 3rd... Actually, I thought he was kidding .... he wasn't!
(Didn't realise their supporters were part of the doping program)
Just go back to 1860 rules, captains call the frees !

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It's the new rule called the 1080 ( not just for Dusty)

It seems that a player can be spun around at least twice now with no penalty and the players know it
As long as they umpire to that ruling for both sides, I guess I can learn to live with it.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Really?

1970-Chrysler-Valiant-VG-Preview.JPG

No wonder they haven't won a final this century.
Haaaarrrgh. The old Greek Mercedes, go alright in a straight line but handling as sloppy as a bucket of wet *smile*.

Feb 25, 2007
They also had one of their best mids out for the whole game and a couple more injuries during. Not a convincing win by us
Zaharakis went off at 3 qtr time he isn't the player he used to be. Yes, they lost McGrath but in that first qtr, when he was on. we were 3 goals up.
That's footy you lose players, that's why you got the sub.. The bottom line is apart from 10 mins by Ess we were by far the better team and the 39 point win reflected that.

Reactions: 2 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Noticed that Graham was rated amongst our best.
He does not get much air time, but imho he is an unsung hero of our team.

Reactions: 3 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Zaharakis went off at 3 qtr time he isn't the player he used to be. Yes, they lost McGrath but in that first qtr, when he was on. we were 3 goals up.
That's footy you lose players, that's why you got the sub.. The bottom line is apart from 10 mins by Ess we were by far the better team and the 39 point win reflected that.
I recon if the shoe was on the other foot though and we headed a better team in the last who were ahead all day and then got hammered, a few on here would be pointing at the loss of a starting mid in the first and a defender in the last as a fair indication of why we dropped the ball.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I recon if the shoe was on the other foot though and we headed a better team in the last who were ahead all day and then got hammered, a few on here would be pointing at the loss of a starting mid in the first and a defender in the last as a fair indication of why we dropped the ball.
yep, a few on here like to make excuses.

if i were a bombers fan i would prob choose another team, but if i couldnt do that i would be pleased that they got relatively close to a team in the middle of a dynasty the likes of which has rarely been seen before. i would be pleased because i would know that the bombers arent very good, so you take whatever wins you can get. i would also ignore the fact that the tigers are so far away from playing at their best and that in reality the bombers were never going to win

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Noticed that Graham was rated amongst our best.
He does not get much air time, but imho he is an unsung hero of our team.
Agree. I think someone peole think because he's not being talked about he's struggling.
But then you look at his stats and see he is doing a good job.
Flies under the radar.

Feb 25, 2007

Maybe so, but it happens to many teams losing players in-game, all I'm saying is it wouldn't have mattered if McGrath was on they had a little purple patch in the last and then we just scooted away winning by 39 pts. That's what a good team does.
Ess is on the right track, Caracella is a genius when it comes to game plans. Give them a few more years and they will challenge.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Sorry if already been posted, did we ever find out what happened between free paid against Jack for push and Shais goal? They appeared to switch the cameras off. All we got from the commentators was 'there's been a muck up'!??

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Maybe so, but it happens to many teams losing players in-game, all I'm saying is it wouldn't have mattered if McGrath was on they had a little purple patch in the last and then we just scooted away winning by 39 pts. That's what a good team does.
Ess is on the right track, Caracella is a genius when it comes to game plans. Give them a few more years and they will challenge.

This, Essendon look like they are finally realising that contending for premierships takes time and you have to build a team to do it.

It certainly took us long enough to get it right.

Plus, it is so competitive. Geelong have had an amazing run at the top end of the ladder, Hawthorn are now dropping but that certainly took a long time. Well run clubs fielding great teams make it harder to get to the top when you are playing catch up. Richmond have had success now but we also have a good crop of younger players coming through. Geelong might look like they don't have enough young players coming through but time will tell, and if they drop it probably won't be for long. Hawthorn will be back, might take a few years but they have shown for decades that you can get back near the top if you plan and recruit well. Imagine trying to rise up the ladder when the successful clubs are planning and recruiting for the future even while they are winning? Well, don't imagine, it took us decades playing catch up, and now we have won 3 of the last 4 flags, have a good crop of young players and a good hand in the next draft - you would be wondering how to catch up if you are in Essendon's position, or Carlton for that matter. Melbourne have taken decades with a number of false dawns, the penny may have dropped there as they contended in 2018 but also realised their weaknesses and set out to correct them.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Agree. I think someone peole think because he's not being talked about he's struggling.
But then you look at his stats and see he is doing a good job.
Flies under the radar.
Watch Shai's goal with 7 minutes remaining - the one were Ess. got the free from Reiwoldt's push out when Shai took the mark. You don't see the kick from Essendon, but Jack wins the ball near the fifty. Runs it in to the pocket, scrubs the kick to the square, fumbled by CJ, dropped by Reiwoldt in the tackle.

Graham wins the ball AGAIN on the deck, swung around in the tackle, handball to Shai, some magic, bang, goal.

Jack Graham.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Sorry if already been posted, did we ever find out what happened between free paid against Jack for push and Shais goal? They appeared to switch the cameras off. All we got from the commentators was 'there's been a muck up'!??
The Essendon player's kick was intercepted (kicked it quickly but too low). Quick fire turnover.