Game Day - Tigers v Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Cats

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
craig said:
It is when its convenient.

It was when it was Adam Goodes being booed, which was amazing that he was the only aboriginal player in the entire competition getting booed and he had other aboriginal lads in his team ie Jetta and NONE OF THEM were booed.

Goodes was booed because he became a cheating sniping whinging prick.

Another instance where stupidity and faux outrage cited division over nothing that had anything to do with racism.

Wasnt booed because he was aboriginal, but the wanker played the race card anyway.
Spot on, craig. The racism thing may have become part of it later, but it started because he was a sniper.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
craig said:

It was when it was Adam Goodes being booed, which was amazing that he was the only aboriginal player in the entire competition getting booed and he had other aboriginal lads in his team ie Jetta and NONE OF THEM were booed.

Another instance where stupidity and faux outrage cited division over nothing that had anything to do with racism.

Wasnt booed because he was aboriginal, but the wanker played the race card anyway.

Quite right Craig, I didn't realise it was about racism until the media made it so.
Goodes was a champion player however later in his career he became a sniper, that is what he was booed for.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
The two darkest blokes in footy tippa and alir never booed because not wankers

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
on the game, we played well in the 1st, we brought our best pressure. i thought in the 2nd we were in the game, we just couldnt buy a goal (even when we kicked them they werent given) and the cats were efficient up front. in the 3rd we fell apart though. we also swung changed and tried a few things.
we had cotch at hb, as well as Butler and Castagna at stages. we tried a small running in off the back of the square, like we did last year, we a half back starting on the side of the square.
i thought Garth and Balta did ok as young tall defenders.

in the end we were well outplayed by a team at full strength playing close to their best footy.- hopefully that will be us in September. If so I am confident we would reverse the result.

B

Bill James

Is Ablett being booed because he is a middle aged white male?

B

Bill James

Bald is clearly ok, it's flogs you can't discriminate against.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Imagine if someone call him a bald flog!

You’ll be marched out

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
MorrisMinor said:
Re. Ablett booing.. at the game my daughter was booing loudly... I asked why... "Because of his homo-phobic comments on social media"... So I joined in! Great player, needs to disown his comments IMO..

Did he make homophobic comments or did he just ‘like’ someone else’s post?
And would she boo Dustin Martin for attacking a woman with chop sticks or just opposition players?
How deep does her social warrior ness extend? Does she volunteer to work for gay issues or just boo at the footballers?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
MorrisMinor said:
Re. Ablett booing.. at the game my daughter was booing loudly... I asked why... "Because of his homo-phobic comments on social media"... So I joined in! Great player, needs to disown his comments IMO..
So your daughter is fine with drunks, thieves, adulterers n fornicators, it's just the homo-phobic bit she didn't like?

E

easy_tiger

TigerMasochist said:
So your daughter is fine with drunks, thieves, adulterers n fornicators, it's just the homo-phobic bit she didn't like?

I suppose she could argue that drunks, thieves, adulterers and fornicators aren't minority groups 8-

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
craig said:

Totally correct.
Racist *smile*s might have jumped on later, but he was booed (Hawthorn started it from memory) because he had turned into a sniper thug and had been let off 3 or more times at the tribunal.

Was Nicky Winmar booed for what he did at Vic Park? or Michael Long?
When Goodes called out that cwood fan for calling him an ape, his actions were universally applauded.

Lazy media created a story that wasn't there, then milked it. Crowds turned it into theatre and there may have been a racist element then (who can say?) but the horse had bolted.

They should have made him Aust of the year now, not when he was playing where it could have been interpreted as giving sydney an advantage.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Fighting Fury said:
Totally correct.
Racist *smile*s might have jumped on later, but he was booed (Hawthorn started it from memory) because he had turned into a sniper thug and had been let off 3 or more times at the tribunal.

When Goodes called out that cwood fan for calling him an ape, his actions were universally applauded.

Lazy media created a story that wasn't there, then milked it. Crowds turned it into theatre and there may have been a racist element then (who can say?) but the horse had bolted.

They should have made him Aust of the year now, not when he was playing where it could have been interpreted as giving sydney an advantage.

... Winmar was only spat at and called a black <insert noun here>. I guess he got off quite lightly.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Fighting Fury said:
Totally correct.

Yep. 2 different players. My biggest respect will always go to Nicky for what he did. There's no famous portrait of egohead Goodes.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
TigerForce said:
Yep. 2 different players. My biggest respect will always go to Nicky for what he did. There's no famous portrait of egohead Goodes.

I don’t mind goodsey
I won’t boo
I’ll leave that to the Green Party voters
I have so much respect for winmar too

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
craig said:

Rubbish craig. Hopefully you and others will watch his documentary with an open mind.