Game Day - Tigers v Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Cats

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
On the actual game, i commented to a few at the game that Geelong were notably bigger across every line... and they were very clean with a clear one out waiting out at every setup.
Made it look like kids v men and amateurs at best.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
lukeanddad said:
... Winmar was only spat at and called a black <insert noun here>. I guess he got off quite lightly.
Strange comment.
Winmar has been celebrated like no other for what he did.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
lukeanddad said:
... Winmar was only spat at and called a black <insert noun here>. I guess he got off quite lightly.

I'd say it might be the case at Vic Park, it didn't matter what colour you were, all opposition players were called "useless !#@^s, were spat on & had the benefit of "golden showers" thrown in for good measure. At least the golden showers were warm unlike those in then dressing rooms. :)

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Met Scotty Turner on gameday at the G. Great fella, very easy to chat to, he is from the same town as mum and he remembered my grandparents!. I was stunned at how bloody huge he is. I've met and been in close proximity to a few players who looked huge on screen but weren't that big in real, Mick Martyn being one, Daniel Merrett another, not jockeys mind you but not as imposing as you'd think (I'm 6 ft). But Scotty Turner appears as an absolute monster. It must be to do with mobility I reckon, Scotty was very mobile for his size, seemed big but not huge when he played.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigersnake said:
Met Scotty Turner on gameday at the G. Great fella, very easy to chat to, he is from the same town as mum and he remembered my grandparents!. I was stunned at how bloody huge he is. I've met and been in close proximity to a few players who looked huge on screen but weren't that big in real, Mick Martyn being one, Daniel Merrett another, not jockeys mind you but not as imposing as you'd think (I'm 6 ft). But Scotty Turner appears as an absolute monster. It must be to do with mobility I reckon, Scotty was very mobile for his size, seemed big but not huge when he played.

Must've built up at the gym coz he was a lean figure with some muscle when he played. Bit like Tucky.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
tigersnake said:
Pretty sure he was listed at 196,97 when he was playing which was big for a non ruckman

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Mr Brightside said:
Pretty sure he was listed at 196,97 when he was playing which was big for a non ruckman

Bloody big. I felt like a dwarf talking to him.

just spotted your new picture, ;D

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigersnake said:
Bloody big. I felt like a dwarf talking to him.

just spotted your new picture, ;D

Is that CC with the beer? or is that a stupid question? ;D

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
MD Jazz said:
Rubbish craig. Hopefully you and others will watch his documentary with an open mind.

You have already closed your mind Jazz by rubbishing Craig.

Hypocrite.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
MorrisMinor said:
Re. Ablett booing.. at the game my daughter was booing loudly... I asked why... "Because of his homo-phobic comments on social media"... So I joined in! Great player, needs to disown his comments IMO..

So your Daughter is a liar MM or ignorant as he made no comment on social media apart from liking Israel Falou's post.

Is Australia becoming a totalitarian state where freedom of religion, politics and free speech doesn't exist and if you do express yourself you invite the invite the mob to pile on.

I don't like some of the religious or political comments on this site but in a tolerant society you respect the persons right to express them.

Israels face book post was not homophobic, it was a quote from the bible and if you read it properly it is an exhortation to repentance not a condemnation.

If you believe the rumors it was Qantas who threatened to pull their sponsorship if he wasn't sacked that sparked the whole episode.

If you asked Bashar what he believes regarding the practice of Homosexuality it will be probably the same as Israel's, you may not agree but respect his right to believe it.

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
MorrisMinor said:
Re. Ablett booing.. at the game my daughter was booing loudly... I asked why... "Because of his homo-phobic comments on social media"... So I joined in! Great player, needs to disown his comments IMO..

Just to clarify: he didn’t make any such comments. He liked a bible verse on SM. He then unliked it and apologised. Just FYI. So no need to boo if that is your reasoning.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
yandb said:
So your Daughter is a liar MM or ignorant as he made no comment on social media apart from liking Israel Falou's post.

Is Australia becoming a totalitarian state where freedom of religion, politics and free speech doesn't exist and if you do express yourself you invite the invite the mob to pile on.

I don't like some of the religious or political comments on this site but in a tolerant society you respect the persons right to express them.

Israels face book post was not homophobic, it was a quote from the bible and if you read it properly it is an exhortation to repentance not a condemnation.

If you believe the rumors it was Qantas who threatened to pull their sponsorship if he wasn't sacked that sparked the whole episode.

If you asked Bashar what he believes regarding the practice of Homosexuality it will be probably the same as Israel's, you may not agree but respect his right to believe it.

What Folau tweeted was not a quote from the Bible.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
yandb said:

so you support Folau's free speech, but not those who wish to book someone, and not the rights of a business to make decisions as they see fit?

E

easy_tiger

TigerForce said:
Is that CC with the beer? or is that a stupid question? ;D

yeah that's George Clooney with the beer.

yandb said:

yeah. my neighbour appeared to be coveting my wife a little lustfully the other day, so I pierced his ear with an awl.

how's those tigers?

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Brodders17 said:
so you support Folau's free speech, but not those who wish to book someone, and not the rights of a business to make decisions as they see fit?

Brodders read the post I didn't question anyone right to boo but his daughters claim that he posted a homophobic comment which was wrong.

I didn't question Qantas's right to threaten the withdrawal of sponsorship if a player wasn't sacked.

But while I am on the subject I will point out the possible rank hypocrisy by Qantas demanding action over Falau while making multi million deals with Middle eastern countries who execute Homosexuals.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
yandb said:
But while I am on the subject I will point out the possible rank hypocrisy by Qantas demanding action over Falau while making multi million deals with Middle eastern countries who execute Homosexuals.
Sssssh! Don't tell the little smurf that runs Qantas that, he'd have to roll up in a tight little ball, stick his thumb in his mouth n start rocking.