Game Day - Tigers v Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Cats

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Does anyone think Scott will purposely lose against Brisbane
So he can keep us away from the top 4

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Well his brother deliberately threw a game in the final round to screw us over.

Then became responsible for the *smile* bye rule

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Does anyone think Scott will purposely lose against Brisbane
So he can keep us away from the top 4

I do !
I think they think it would be easier for them to meet Lions in the 1st week thn us and get the double chance. Imo they fear us. BUT reckon Lions will beat them if that happens in the finals.

As far as Im concerned I dont care we dont get the double chance, can see the hunger coming back. Our senior players will be fresher for the injury weeks they had off.
Fingers crossed we dont get the flu/virus crap like we did last year.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I do !
I think they think it would be easier for them to meet Lions in the 1st week thn us and get the double chance. Imo they fear us. BUT reckon Lions will beat them if that happens in the finals.

As far as Im concerned I dont care we dont get the double chance, can see the hunger coming back. Our senior players will be fresher for the injury weeks they had off.
Fingers crossed we dont get the flu/virus crap like we did last year.

McChins probably was behind that *smile*, probably paid some bastard to hocus some food.

Wouldnt put it past the prick.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Have to listen to Chris Scott on Sen. he hasn’t stopped whinging about,
* The mid year trade period.
*‘Clubs like Richmond & Collingwood have a advantage in getting players moving mid season, because who they are’
*‘Where lesser clubs like Gold Coast need to use Money to persuade them to move”
*The 40 year deal to play the GF on MCG
*Richmond have 7 games at the MCG and still might not qualify for a home final, but some how will play the first final back on the MCG. ‘Gerard, Richmond hasn’t played a final away from the MCG in the their last 8 finals’

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
In a way I agree with him. I note kermit is really taking up the charge, stating Rd 1 of finals needs to be pure in regards to home ground advantage. Don't be surprised if the cats stumble a bit, they appear to have a few injuries and perhaps have been wound up a bit early. Perhaps they may not even finish top 2.

Kermit showing complete bias in his analysis of this. Raving on about "fairness". *smile* me kermit when has fairness been the main consideration of anything to do with the AFL?

Last edited:

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Here's the thing!

The MCG is where Richmond play our home games, but it isn't our "HOME" in the true sense. We train at Punt Road Oval. I'd imagine we know that ground like no other team possibly could, just like the Cats know their crap ground like no other team.

We're coming and Chris Scott knows it and is pooping like an infant on a prune diet. If there is no coach in the competition more focused on umpiring decisions than Chris Scott. He sooks it up if anything goes against the cats, but boy he loves it when they get double the opposition's kicks down at GMHBAsswipe stadium.

If he want's home finals, maybe they should reserve half the stadium for opposition supporters.

Unlike them, our "Home Ground", the MCG has stacks of room to pack in opposition supporters, so we never get that umpire bias that Chris Scott's team gets at home.

B

Bill James

We play the game the way it should be played
At home or far away

Unless it’s outside Geelong, then we throw a little Scotty fit

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
North supporters who seem to have no love of their ex coach are suggesting that the drop in form of Geelong since the break is due to Brad Scott taking over from his brother to give him a post bye break.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
When GBH Stadium can take at least 60k supporters they can have a final. Until then, forget it. Why deny fans the chance to attend, why forgo the revenue?

DS

cagedtiger

Be Feared
Nov 19, 2004
Sydney
I find it strange how much Chris Scott bangs on about our MCG advantage. It was 37 years between our last 2 premierships and based on this his argument doesn't stack up. It seems to have only became relevant for him when we started to consistently win. The fact is if you are a great side you beat opposition teams anywhere. If you know you aren't a great side then you just whinge and complain about things.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How can Geelong afford to chase Jack Steven? They reckon they can't afford to keep Kelly.
Steven is easily worth 600-700k a season
Whats Hawkins on?
Dangerfield? Ablett? Selwood? Tuouy? Taylor? Henderson? Duncan? Blivas?
They're paying Dahulihouse 500 a year ffs.
Are they paid in free surfboards?

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
How can Geelong afford to chase Jack Steven? They reckon they can't afford to keep Kelly.
Whats Hawkins on?

Cartoon have brown paper bags, Cats must use surfboards

cagedtiger

Be Feared
Nov 19, 2004
Sydney
Whats Hawkins on?
Steven would be a replacement for Kelly

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

So that would mean Kelly is gone.
Stephenson wrecks Collingwoods season.
Kelly goes to Perth during the bye and tells geelong he is out and all of sudden they start playing like *smile*.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

So that would mean Kelly is gone.
Stephenson wrecks Collingwoods season.
Kelly goes to Perth during the bye and tells geelong he is out and all of sudden they start playing like *smile*.

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
Whats Hawkins on?

They're also heavily into Kelly from GWS - hes a million dollar a year player

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hope the Pies keep overspending on players who generally don't perform as well as their reputations suggest. Brings joy to my cold heart