GAME DAY - Tigers v Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tigers v Crows

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I'll back up anyone on here who at least provides evidence and isn't afraid to have a different opinion, whether I agree with their opinion or not.
Ok here's another set of simple facts for you i.e evidence. But it's pasted from a post by Tigerlove over on the Umpires Farce thread. So thanks to TL - hope you don't mind. I still don't know how to post across different threads. :confused:

"We're now officially 2nd last for frees per opposition to go with 13th in 2019 and last in 2018 and 2017. "

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Did they present Tex with the wooden spoon?
Rumour has it they booked a spare seat on the bus coming back for that spoon.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Did they present Tex with the wooden spoon?
Rumour has it they booked a spare seat on the bus coming back for that spoon.
What about Tex hey? Leading goal kicker for the Crows. He's played twice as many games as Modra.

Walker is an extremely overrated footballer. Along with Josh Jenkins a Damian Barrett lovechild. Says it all.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
What about Tex hey? Leading goal kicker for the Crows. He's played twice as many games as Modra.

Walker is an extremely overrated footballer. Along with Josh Jenkins a Damian Barrett lovechild. Says it all.

Modra was great, I used to like watching him when we were totally shyte

Reactions: 2 users

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
Ok here's another set of simple facts for you i.e evidence. But it's pasted from a post by Tigerlove over on the Umpires Farce thread. So thanks to TL - hope you don't mind. I still don't know how to post across different threads. :confused:

"We're now officially 2nd last for frees per opposition to go with 13th in 2019 and last in 2018 and 2017. "
And we keep on winning. Why worry. We get away the things like Dusty throwing the ball.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
And we keep on winning. Why worry. We get away the things like Dusty throwing the ball.

I actually enjoy the fact we are last on the free kick differential and still won two flags in those three years.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I didn't see it, but statistically speaking, if it is being complained about on here there is a 6% chance of error.

Nice of you to say so, now if we could just get those 94% of free kicks the umpires miss but are bleedingly obvious to us then it might even up the free kick count a little.

As for the game, not a bad hit out.

Hope Aarts is ok.

Shedda, what a star, back after such a long time out. SImply a great performance.

Astbury a very good return too.

We'll see if Prestia can return in decent form too.

I thought we played well, but there is clear room for improvement. Getting the ball inside 50 went well but could do with better delivery. Too many intercept marks by Adelaide. Our scoring percentage for inside 50 entries was woeful in the first half, around 20% from memory. Got better in the second half but needs to get better. Having Lynch back will clearly make a big difference. Defence was great as usual.

I thought Chol was underwhelming. Not sure what to do really as 1 ruck just doesn't work. Chol needs a bomb under him. I only hope he can thrive on finals pressure as I think we need a second ruck.

I have to say something about Adelaide. They have improved, were woeful earlier in the year. But what really impressed me is that they did not flood, they took the game on. We are just a better team but chapeau to Adelaide for having a go. Gave us a good workout and they won't be wooden spooners next year if that was any indication.

Umpiring? What can you say, they were woefully inconsistent as usual. I don't mind a few mistakes it is just the way I see some players get pinged for holding the ball with maybe a nanosecond of prior, while others get half an hour and it is still a ball up after they are caught. The Riewoldt decision was simply wrong. How can you be pinged for holding the man when the man was in possession of the ball when you tackled him? When you see all the holding going on in every game this decision looks even worse. It needs to get better.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Quickdraw's belated match report.

The weather all day was heading towards Adelaide Oval but at the last minute took a turn to the East. Bit like Norf thinking they've got Dusty signed, but then he says "Nah". Ended up being a balmy night :)

Shedda was terrific for a first up. Gee he adds another dimension to our game.

We were rotating Pickett, KMac & Caddy on the wings. I'm not a fan of Caddy in that position but he's a very smart footballer. And I love a bloke that flies the flag when necessary.

Cholly was insipid. Being at the game I was able to watch him closely when the Tiges were kicking down our end. He has no sense of how to hold his ground or out muscle his opponent. He needs to watch Jack or Lynchy. They don't give an inch. And Cholly plays too much from behind.

Aarts was in everything. In my best 3. I hope he's ok for finals. He came back on, but did look sore. I'm thinking if it was some sort of structural issue he wouldn't have come back. Fingers crossed.

Dusty was Dusty. Gave us a bit of everything. I reckon I counted 4 out on the full. And yes Adelaide fans it WAS a mark, and he kicked that super goal. Stick that in ya Chardonnay ya knuckleheads!

Jack Graham showed Adelaide how good he is (again). Ross was good too. DTLD was solid. Got through ok.
My mate thought George was pretty poor. I didn't think he was too bad.

Adelaide were good for us. The game was pretty hot. A good tune up for our blokes. If we have to return to Adelaide to play the ferals, we'll be fine. I believe the team flew in this time on Friday? When we played Port we flew in on the morning of the game. Any wonder we got beat. And we've got a lot of our best players back. If we play Brisbane at the Gabba, you beauty!

Mrs. Quickdraw got a picture of a bloke waving a wooden spoon at the Crows :D
Two Scotch & Coke were $24 a throw. My head hurts this morning. Yesterday was a beautiful day :cool:

End.

• Love
Reactions: 28 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

The weather all day was heading towards Adelaide Oval but at the last minute took a turn to the East. Bit like Norf thinking they've got Dusty signed, but then he says "Nah". Ended up being a balmy night :)

We were rotating Pickett, KMac & Caddy on the wings. I'm not a fan of Caddy in that position but he's a very smart footballer. And I love a bloke that flies the flag when necessary.

Cholly was insipid. Being at the game I was able to watch him closely when the Tiges were kicking down our end. He has no sense of how to hold his ground or out muscle his opponent. He needs to watch Jack or Lynchy. They don't give an inch. And Cholly plays too much from behind.

Aarts was in everything. In my best 3. I hope he's ok for finals. He came back on, but did look sore. I'm thinking if it was some sort of structural issue he wouldn't have come back. Fingers crossed.

Dusty was Dusty. Gave us a bit of everything. I reckon I counted 4 out on the full. And yes Adelaide fans it WAS a mark, and he kicked that super goal. Stick that in ya Chardonnay ya knuckleheads!

Jack Graham showed Adelaide how good he is (again). Ross was good too. DTLD was solid. Got through ok.

Adelaide were good for us. The game was pretty hot. A good tune up for our blokes. If we have to return to Adelaide to play the ferals, we'll be fine. I believe the team flew in this time on Friday? When we played Port we flew in on the morning of the game. Any wonder we got beat. And we've got a lot of our best players back. If we play Brisbane at the Gabba, you beauty!

Two Scotch & Coke were $24 a throw. My head hurts this morning. Yesterday was a beautiful day :cool:

End.
Great report Quickdraw McGraw.

Glad you had a great evening, the boys won and the spoon was given.

Have some coffee... for the headache. Well worth it was I guess!

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Great report Quickdraw McGraw.

Glad you had a great evening, the boys won and the spoon was given.

Have some coffee... for the headache. Well worth it was I guess!
Thanks Waiting. It's always good, sitting with Tiger supporters, and having a good win.:)
On my 3rd coffee already :nono and I have to mow the lawn soon. That hurts.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016

End.
No telecast here. How did Caddy's knee look?