Game Day Tigers V Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tigers V Dogs

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
"...... marlion pickett is like if rudolf nureohoff and a non verbal conor mcgregor had a black child and they were appointed dustys body guard......"

Absolutely brilliant / amazing analogy :rotfl1 :rotfl1 :gotiges

Love it!!!!!!! :cupgold

(spelt Nereyev ;))

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I havnt felt this way about a footballer since i was 10 with maurice.
One of the things people forget about Maurice which you have brought back to me is how tough he was. Mixed up with the brilliance and highlights is that he was one of the best tacklers I have ever seen. If you were tackled by Maurice you knew it as well

Marlion has the Tucky type body, not just Shane but Michael as well. They look wirey but are hard. Durable as well so I hope Marlion has quite a few years left in him.

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone hear what Bruce said about Balta?
"He's got a great body... for football"

Did Bruce do a Sidebottom and leave his pants behind coming home?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Pretty sure I spotted a top 10 draft pick from the 2021 draft , looks to be around the 6/2 mark now

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Great win.
Seeing the dogfather looking stunned in the coach's box everytime they panned up there was priceless.
If you looked closely you could see his hair falling out!

On a health and safety issue for the Afl, Metricon will need to be fumigated.

Mitch Wallis.
I don't think there is a square inch of Metricon he didn't spit or bleed on.
Everytime you looked up there was stuff flying in all directions.
He gets the Expectoration votes.

Dusty for the actual votes.
Great night.

• Haha

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Great win.
Seeing the dogfather looking stunned in the coach's box everytime they panned up there was priceless.
If you looked closely you could see his hair falling out!

On a health and safety issue for the Afl, Metricon will need to be fumigated.

Mitch Wallis.
I don't think there is a square inch of Metricon he didn't spit or bleed on.
Everytime you looked up there was stuff flying in all directions.
He gets the Expectoration votes.

Dusty for the actual votes.
Great night.
Can't say I have watched much of the dogs this year, but I was under the impression that they were building a strong list.

Lots of holes everywhere. And lots of older hacks.

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
What are we up to in Queensland - must be 14+ straight??
Kane Cornes will be whinging about how unfair it is that we play so many in Qld!
He'll probably lead a campaign to have the ground wings brought in.

Just for interest sakes: MCG (160 x 141), Metricon (160 x 134), Gabba (156 x 138 ). [Adelaide Oval - (167 x 123), The Cattery (170 x 115)]
So, sleepy hollow is effectively an emery board with lawn?

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Can't say I have watched much of the dogs this year, but I was under the impression that they were building a strong list.

Lots of holes everywhere. And lots of older hacks.

Thats the richmond effect.

We either destroy entire clubs, or make them appear destined for destruction

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Ive got to be honest celeb,

I struggled to understand the game last night. I was kind of just feeling the pure joy of marlion and dusty and the intellectual fell away.

But ill give it a crack in hindsight.

- we came to play from the bounce. True tiger mania pressure was there. Perhaps its that simple?
- bevo went the full buckley in the first but it vanished as soon as i saw it. It just dissolved. 30 blokes in our 50 and then they were gone. It was like the game was an etch-a-sketch in dimmas hands and he just swiped it clean? Dunno? Magic?
- its very noticeable how some players spread. Kmacs work rate is astounding. If you rule a diagonal line between where 50m line meets boundary line, kmac just 75% sprints that line all night, making a sort of half triangle game?? Again its a kind of magic.
- i think jake aarts is unimaginably important. Not sure why but he clears out of toms way and hits his contests in perfect time. He seems to be running on a traintrack thats obliquely perpendicular to toms
- dusty in untouchable beast mode makes us unstoppable - thats one of the simplest things in this universe
- marlion pickett is like if rudolf nureohoff and a non verbal conor mcgregor had a black child and they were appointed dustys body guard. This is superb chemistry that i hope someone makes a book that gets made into a documentary.
- i truly believe that dogs mids were intimidated by marlion dusty and cotch and bevo couldnt allay their fear.

Thats all i got. More like reciting a poem than reading from a textbook.

But it was that kind of game.

I thought in attack , the manic throw it forward at all costs wasnt there as much , it was more measured , seemed to be more ball carefully passed around by foot than usual ,

I dont know if it was a plan to throw the dogs who usually come up with something to counter us ,so we went a bit different , or its going to be a more permanent thing

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Just doesn't seem right.

A collingwood fan that knows what a medusa is :peepwall
Having thought about it and dome some research, he actually got his mythological creatures mixed up. Medusa is the name of one of the gorgons. Gorgons have snakes in place of hair and can turn people to stone with a glance. Hydras regenerate their heads when one is chopped off. So we’re a hydra.

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Thats the richmond effect.

We either destroy entire clubs, or make them appear destined for destruction

Wouldve gone a long way to pushing GWS over the cliff too I reckon had we turned them over again after being behind all night.

Couldve really dealt them a blow.

Theyve managed to get respite from us up there 3 years straight especially winning two they shouldnt have, another loss to us last week following on the GF wouldve shaken them, unfortunately they got away with it again.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I thought in attack , the manic throw it forward at all costs wasnt there as much , it was more measured , seemed to be more ball carefully passed around by foot than usual ,

True, mabiors pass to Aarts? was very measured.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Wouldve gone a long way to pushing GWS over the cliff too I reckon had we turned them over again after being behind all night.

Couldve really dealt them a blow.

Theyve managed to get respite from us up there 3 years straight especially winning two they shouldnt have, another loss to us last week following on the GF wouldve shaken them, unfortunately they got away with it again.
Just like last season, come finals we will destroy any side that beat us in the home and away.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

I dont know if it was a plan to throw the dogs who usually come up with something to counter us ,so we went a bit different , or its going to be a more permanent thing

We held the ball up a little more than usual in the first to try and steady ourselves more with our entries I think.