Game Day - Tigers v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v GWS

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Still reckon our major problem is keeping the ball in our forward line.Today it was 20 to 8 tackles in GWS favour.they had 22 more inside 50s so the springboard from forward to back needs tightening IMO.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Make no mistake we lack clean skills especially in close. Can't get further than we are without a big overhaul in that department.
Agree.
Our constant fumbling and double handling of ground balls cost us plenty today.
Not sure why but seems to have infected most of our team

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
He heading in the right direction.

Today was the first time ive entertained the thought he could play in our next flag.

But i did drink a few generous measures of mescal this afternoon, and entertained quite a few positive thoughts

jross has progressed from losing almost every 1:1's to creating a stoppage out of most 1:1's.

When he starts winning them, i'll move him out of VFL category.

Its looking promising
Nah, it was one of his best games yet. He is and always was a keeper.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Picking up some Nate the Great, Wunderkid vibes from Kingsley

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Very good game by Jack. Extremely canny and today his limitations did not get in the way.

Noah played a great game.

Reactions: 1 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Nice to win a close one especially after giving up the lead twice in the last qtr.
Especially given the very familiar way we tried to lose it. When it gets tight late in the last you can feel the panic in the backline. The structure breaks down, in a way it didn't when we had Rance and Lambert. Both could be relied upon not to lose their heads. A criticism I wouldn't have entertained leveling at Grimesy in the past, but he is one of the headless chooks when the pressure rises as the clock ticks down.

Reactions: 1 user

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Especially given the very familiar way we tried to lose it. When it gets tight late in the last you can feel the panic in the backline. The structure breaks down, in a way it didn't when we had Rance and Lambert. Both could be relied upon not to lose their heads. A criticism I wouldn't have entertained leveling at Grimesy in the past, but he is one of the headless chooks when the pressure rises as the clock ticks down.
Whilst I do not disagree, I like the fact that Young is becoming "Dave-like" in the way he is playing.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
He heading in the right direction.

Today was the first time ive entertained the thought he could play in our next flag.

But i did drink a few generous measures of mescal this afternoon, and entertained quite a few positive thoughts

jross has progressed from losing almost every 1:1's to creating a stoppage out of most 1:1's.

When he starts winning them, i'll move him out of VFL category.

Its looking promising
Playing well but he is currently too slow for our midfield. Needs a running coach
if he is to stick a permanent role.

Graham also and more so. Enormous courage but that isn’t enough in the post stand rule game.
It won’t surprise if he moves home.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Playing well but he is currently too slow for our midfield. Needs a running coach
if he is to stick a permanent role.

Graham also and more so.
Won’t surprise if he moves home.

He appeared quicker yesterday and stepped through some heavy traffic. I really like his trajectory.

Those calling for continuity and a sense of belonging may well turn out right,

And me and a few others, wrong.

I hope so. A composed JRoss with good DE% Would be a great ingredient in our rebound up the ladder

Reactions: 1 user

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Whilst I do not disagree, I like the fact that Young is becoming "Dave-like" in the way he is playing.
That's a fair assessment. I never worry about Young. His "workman-like" approach is exactly what you want from him. That's not a knock. I'm a fan.

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Rewatched the last 2 mins 10 times. Some notables

1 tarrantos tackling pressure desperate and enormous

2. jR's smarts and competitiveness to run high and win two crucial contests completely defies his age

3. marlion elbows dusty and bakes in the throat simulatiously, to remove any doubt the moment is his.

Marlion is with doubt, the sixth big moment individual of our dynasty IMO

1. Dusty
2. Jack
3. Cotchy
4. tom
5 Lambo
6 Marlion

Is there another human in the world who shoves dusty out of the way with scores level and half a minute left?

oMG

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
He appeared quicker yesterday and stepped through some heavy traffic. I really like his trajectory.

Those calling for continuity and a sense of belonging may well turn out right,

And me and a few others, wrong.

I hope so. A composed JRoss with good DE% Would be a great ingredient in our rebound up the ladder
He stepped through traffic but not sure that can be connected to improved speed.
In his first season as best I remember, he already had that side step, and looked like he was ready even then.
His efforts so far this season are putting him ahead of faster players like Mansell and Ralphy, but I think chasing still looks a problem.

Post stand rule particularly so.

Last edited: