Game Day - Tigers v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v GWS

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Rewatched the last 2 mins 10 times. Some notables

1 tarrantos tackling pressure desperate and enormous

2. jR's smarts and competitiveness to run high and win two crucial contests completely defies his age

3. marlion elbows dusty and bakes in the throat simulatiously, to remove any doubt the moment is his.

Marlion is with doubt, the sixth big moment individual of our dynasty IMO

1. Dusty
2. Jack
3. Cotchy
4. tom
5 Lambo
6 Marlion

Is there another human in the world who shoves dusty out of the way with scores level and half a minute left?

oMG
Exactly. Most others at that moment would have let Dusty through, or taken possession and given it off to Dusty and put him under the pump.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He stepped through traffic but not sure that can be connected to improved speed.
In his first season as best I remember, he already had that side step, and looked like he was ready even then.
His efforts so far this season are putting him ahead of faster players like Mansell and Ralphy, but I think speed still looks a problem.

Post stand rule particularly so.

Im not really the man to act for JRoss,

But you wouldnt think theyde play him on a richmond wing if he was actually slow and without a big engine.

My knocks have been

1. Ball use and
2. 1:1 contest win rate

But im seeing consistent improvement in both.

I love being wrong when im negative,

Except id be devastated if i met chris scott and he was a great bloke

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
He appeared quicker yesterday and stepped through some heavy traffic. I really like his trajectory.

Those calling for continuity and a sense of belonging may well turn out right,

And me and a few others, wrong.

I hope so. A composed JRoss with good DE% Would be a great ingredient in our rebound up the ladder
He has been good for ages In My Opinion. Not sure what people have been watching I don’t get it.
Was in the best players when he got dropped earlier in the year.
His last 8 games last year were very good.
One of those plyers that gets judged more harshly than others for some reason IMO.
Anyway he maybhave finally bashed the door down of his critics- wouldn’t want a quiet one in a loss though

Reactions: 3 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007

2. jR's smarts and competitiveness to run high and win two crucial contests completely defies his age

3. marlion elbows dusty and bakes in the throat simulatiously, to remove any doubt the moment is his.

Marlion is with doubt, the sixth big moment individual of our dynasty IMO

1. Dusty
2. Jack
3. Cotchy
4. tom
5 Lambo
6 Marlion

Is there another human in the world who shoves dusty out of the way with scores level and half a minute left?

oMG
Agree and he also basically won us the game in round 2 against Adelaide with a similar last quarter performance also highlighted in the media and using that deadly left foot

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He has been good for ages In My Opinion. Not sure what people have been watching I don’t get it.
Was in the best players when he got dropped earlier in the year.
His last 8 games last year were very good.
One of those plyers that gets judged more harshly than others for some reason IMO.
Anyway he maybhave finally bashed the door down of his critics- wouldn’t want a quiet one in a loss though

Yeah i get it,

I have the same relationship with Mansell.

We won, so we're all conciliatory and magnamanious

We lose next week, and we'll all be moron psychos again

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Im not really the man to act for JRoss,

But you wouldnt think theyde play him on a richmond wing if he was actually slow and without a big engine.

My knocks have been

1. Ball use and
2. 1:1 contest win rate

But im seeing consistent improvement in both.

I love being wrong when im negative,

McIntosh and Pickett have played there for years. Both have stamina but neither are particularly fast.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Was enormous in those moments. As important as Marlion's execution

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
The Loch Ness monster being caught
Life on Mars being discovered
Humankind colonising a world outside our solar system
Vladimir Putin imprisoned for war crimes
World Peace

Just a few of the things more likely to happen than what you mentioned occurring ezy. I think your pretty safe there

• Haha

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
The Loch Ness monster being caught
Life on Mars being discovered
Humankind colonising a world outside our solar system
Vladimir Putin imprisoned for war crimes
World Peace

Just a few of the things more likely to happen than what you mentioned occurring ezy. I think your pretty safe there
I'd imagine he is a great bloke when not in 'competitive' mode. WLF everywhere has been well on display.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
McIntosh and Pickett have played there for years. Both have stamina but neither are particularly fast.

I reckon marlion pickett would be the top 1%'ile quickest over 3 steps in the comp, cotchy too, even now.

when theres a loose ball, or ribs to be cracked,

3 steps away,

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'd imagine he is a great bloke when not in 'competitive' mode. WLF everywhere has been well on display.

I reckon he'd be an insecure *smile* head, pretending to be wise,

On a banana lounge by a pool in mexico

• Haha

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I reckon marlion pickett would be the top 1%'ile quickest over 3 steps in the comp, cotchy too, even now.

3 steps away,
The chase down by Marlion yesterday was beautiful. His action is so smooth. I think he’s actually a lot quicker than many think, because of that gliding style.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The chase down by Marlion yesterday was beautiful. His action is so smooth. I think he’s actually a lot quicker than many think, because of that gliding style.

His wafl coach made mention of his last 3 accelerating steps before a tackle or hit

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

3 steps away,

Have loved their play but our problem is most evident when they are chasing.
The stand rule, which has literally taken from the defensive team the value of the player standing the mark, has placed a premium on natural speed in the other 17.

Some on here thought it would go but the AFL and their flukies in the media are constantly talking the rule up. Some say that Hocking designed it to topple our chaos game. Maybe but it certainly makes chasing by the other 17 of greater importance to defence than in the past, and our failure to adjust as well as some of the better teams, is glaringly obvious.

If either can approach without being seen they can be very effective but not so much when the contest is over distance and takes longer.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
i'm just really pleased we won a close one...!

and Number 50 bossed that play for the win ...

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
His wafl coach made mention of his last 3 accelerating steps before a tackle or hit
I reckon I saw it for the first time in that game in 2019.

Just before he kicks his famous goal, he takes the bouncing ball and as Mumford and the orange spud (also wearing number 50) look to smash him he accelerates over two steps resulting in a mark to Dusty and Mumford destroying the orange spud.

We all know what happens next.

:cupgold

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I reckon I saw it for the first time in that game in 2019.

Just before he kicks his famous goal, he takes the bouncing ball and as Mumford and the orange spud (also wearing number 50) look to smash him he accelerates over two steps resulting in a mark to Dusty and Mumford destroying the orange spud.

We all know what happens next.

:cupgold
He’s like a trapdoor spider. The victim thinks he’s in the clear. Then Marlion pounces and they’re *smile*

• Love