Game Day - Tigers v Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Swans

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
hard to watch
should have killed them

our small forwards should have had a day out!!

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Longmire said he didn't even play that role...:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2

Oh, he mustnt have known where to go so he just stood on his own in our 50 all night?

Get *smile* longmire.

Time to *smile* off to AFL house for a half million dollar job

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Game day threads are clearly the weakness of this forum but on the plus side, it gives you a great insight into various posters understandings of the game.
:oops:
I keep well away from PRE during our games. Does my head in.

It's hard enough watching the game without the on-line rollercoaster!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
In fairness to Longmire, his tactic nearly pinched the game. He should of owned it instead of deflecting.

Take out the ridiculous Jack free and Parker's high fend-off that went through for a goal and we may have lost.

We must find a way to score through those sort of tactics.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Longmire needs to dig his head out of his ass if thinks he had only 7 sitting back behind the ball.

At the ground, it wasn't hard to tell that he is talking *smile*. I reckon they planted at least 15 in the defensive 3rd of the ground. We often had +3 behind the ball, not because that was our defensive mindset but because we kept 3 blokes back from following their additional players. Hence why the Sydney heatmap shows red hot in the defensive 50

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
In fairness to Longmire, his tactic nearly pinched the game. He should of owned it instead of deflecting.

Take out the ridiculous Jack free and Parker's high fend-off that went through for a goal and we may have lost.

I agree with the first and last para.

But you cant do the joel bowden step anymore and you cant heel palm blokes in the mouth either

But yeah jack and lynch on midgets. Dusty 1:1 deep for a good half hour and we score 4 goals?

We were never ever going to lose though. Paul roos could have been central ump and we wouldnt have lost.

Last edited:

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

We were never losing that game. Never.

You forget to mention the 3 easy goals missed by Lynch, Soldo and Castgna.

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It's called a plus one because you always keep the plus one.

Start with 6-6-6 and then roll an extra back to create the out number. Then if the opposition evens up, you roll another one back. And so on until you do end up with all the numbers.

Nothing different than what we do every week, but teams don't try and equalise with us because they can't risk creating space for Lynch/Riewoldt/Martin to get one out on the break.

In the Swans case they had no big forwards and it was wet anyway so nothing to lose by allowing the numbers to build because their best chance to score was going quick on a turnover.
Yeah I know mate I was just having a crack at Longmire and his tactics which were the cause of the horrendous spectacle yesterday.

But we sure do need to work out how to counter this tactic. Don’t reckon we will play too many worse teams than Sydney for the rest of the year.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
We were never losing that game. Never.

You forget to mention the 3 easy goals missed by Lynch, Soldo and Castgna.
Dusty gave a couple away hed normally have poked through like he was at training

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I just watched the first half of Johnny Longmire's presser. Wow.

It reminded me of every dodgy Australian TV drama, circa 1980, at the moment where the crook is being grilled by the cops.

He gives answers to questions that aren't even asked. He talks too fast. His face is wracked with guilt. He's defensive.

Johnny knew he'd been caught redhanded committing crimes against the game.

Yet he ran with one implausible excuse after another.

It was a performance that would have won him a Logie back in the day.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not to forget the sitter missed by Jack on the run from 40m.

Jack Graham, that is.

He should've ran at least to the goal square.
Why did he take the shot sooo early?
I almost smashed the TV.

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
I almost smashed the TV.
I almost smashed mine when Aarts passed it 20m sideways to castagna for a set shot from the same distance on a worse angle

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Longmire said he didn't even play that role...:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2
Yeah, with a straight face. Chalk and cheese between he and Dimma in the press conferences. Dimma laughing at it all and Longmire all defensive and making no sense.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I almost smashed mine when Aarts passed it 20m sideways to castagna for a set shot from the same distance on a worse angle

That's the power of castagnfield.
Its like sharing the forward 50 with Wayne Carey.
He calls, you give it.

Lynch and Riewodlt must have a bet going who can miss the easiest set shot.
Lynch is just leading with his efforts against Hawthorn.
And Jack with his pussy cat effort against Collingwood.

• Haha

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I almost smashed the TV.
Agree. Our finishing in general is killing us. While teams are playing this way against us, we simply have to make more of our chances. That 4.10 really should have been 8.6 and suddenly the result is more representative of the gulf between the sides.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I don't know why Longmire would be sheepish.

He took a very undermanned average side in against a very good side and took them very close to winning.

It was great coaching.
It depends what you mean by coaching, and what you feel is close. The margin was close. The result was not in doubt. As for coaching, what did his young charges learn from that game? I'd argue a better coach would be looking to educate his team given they have no hope of making or winning finals.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
True. It actually reminded me of this memory: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/wallace-masterminds-richmond-afl-victory-20060521-gdnl3w.html

Plough took the credit back then

There was a bit of that in it, hence I suggested at half time we kick to each other. But that was a true David v Goliath situation - coming off a 20-goal belting at the same venue the previous week against the top-of-the-ladder flag favourites. Listening to the radio while driving to the game, I felt like turning around and staying home, such was the enormity of the task being described by the commentators. And in that case, it was the superior team which set up camp in defence. Richmond went to 4-4 with the win and it had a purpose.

Not sure what goal Longmire was working towards. Are Sydney crowds so fragile and fickle that they would prefer to lose that way instead of lose with their developing stars allowed to do their thing?

Reactions: 1 users