GAME DAY - Tiges v Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tiges v Blues

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Thats a strong line up. Wouldn't get too many potent forward lines than Lynch Martin Riewoldt.

Glad to see Cotchin has been named.

Reactions: 1 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Usually play us down a bit but have a feeling we might actually torch them tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
I just recon we have them covered, would like to see our important veterans play about half the H&A, and have the depth to cover them.

Im sure it will happen through the year.

A side with M.Pickett as 23rd man is pretty invincible IMHO.

*plus I want 9's for the flag :peepwall
But having the three time premiership captain and his sidekick the vice out when we unfurl two pennants .
To some that has shades of Marie Antoinette, Let them eat cake!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Jack Martyn out for them is a good out for us, kicked 4.1 against us last time.

Reactions: 2 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
I hope we're the first to take advantage of the new sub rule, and rest Cotch in the last (severe calf awareness) then bring on Marlion who'll blind turn the entire Carlton midfield and kick 4 goals

SHocking's head will explode

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
I just recon we have them covered, would like to see our important veterans play about half the H&A, and have the depth to cover them.

Im sure it will happen through the year.

A side with M.Pickett as 23rd man is pretty invincible IMHO.

*plus I want 9's for the flag :peepwall
I think our “important veterans” have earned the opportunity to play on our flags unfurling day and against the long time enemy. Rest them some other time.

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
ClubAvg AgeAvg GmsAvg GlsAvg HgtAvg Wgt
Rich27.18130.2102.3185.586.0
Carl25.3689.939.3188.487.7

Third-oldest Richmond team to open a season after 1922-23, and the 14th-oldest of any club.

Numbers are strongly in our favour, yet it feels a bit like we're a sitting shot given our slowish starts. Some cards could be marked early if the older players don't perform.

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Someone made a good point that if a player is subbed out due to injury, they can't play for a minimum of 2 weeks as per concussion protocols.
Yeah but what if they are subbed ot due to a dodgy perform ....errr ankle sprain or hamstring awareness.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Aarts gets the last spot over Marlion.

Interesting.

Our side apart from that Aarts v Pickett battle was pretty predictable.

Slight on Chol that after the entire pre season he again misses without a second ruck.

Shouldnt be a concern against the Blues without De Konning and the retired Kreuzer, but Casboult torched us in the ruck last year when Kreuzer went off.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I hope we're the first to take advantage of the new sub rule, and rest Cotch in the last (severe calf awareness) then bring on Marlion who'll blind turn the entire Carlton midfield and kick 4 goals

SHocking's head will explode
Id rather we do that against Geesook that would be even funnier

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The G's gonna feel like uncharted territory for the players and fans tomorrow night.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I can't believe round 1 is here!

I've been allocated N33, not my favourite side of the ground but happy to be going.

The Blues have been 'coming' for a long time, this game could be their best chance but I think BUT the Tiges by 18pts.

Go Tiges!
Hope so Mr T.

If there is any complacency in us expect the Blues to beat us.

Nine on the trot has to be broken sooner rather than later and I see them improving this year somewhat.

They would love nothing but to spoil our unfurling of TWO flags by beating us. 1972 & 1982 still hurts.

If we are switched on it may be over by half time if not it will be a close .

What’s with this Shane Edwards comments I keep hearing about?
Anyone know?

Last edited:

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Aarts gets the last spot over Marlion.

Interesting.

Our side apart from that Aarts v Pickett battle was pretty predictable.

Slight on Chol that after the entire pre season he again misses without a second ruck.

Shouldnt be a concern against the Blues without De Konning and the retired Kreuzer, but Casboult torched us in the ruck last year when Kreuzer went off.
Balta will ruck if Casboult goes into the middle.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Will it be a dual premierrship hangover against our old foes?Will the Dimma/Wilson stuff be an issue?Will there be enough kebabs to feed the masses?Who knows?Tiges by 25