GAME DAY - Tiges v Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tiges v Blues

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I can't believe round 1 is here!

I've been allocated N33, not my favourite side of the ground but happy to be going.

The Blues have been 'coming' for a long time, this game could be their best chance but I think BUT the Tiges by 18pts.

Go Tiges!

Reactions: 1 user

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Bring it on 537 days some of us have missed going to The G im now pumped after getting my ticket yesterday

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Big buildup to this game.
Is there a game tomorrow? Thought it must have been a couple of months away as the AFL are still trying to introduce new rules.......................................

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Big game tomorrow. Carlton will throw everything at us. We need to bring our pressure game.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Is there a game tomorrow? Thought it must have been a couple of months away as the AFL are still trying to introduce new rules.......................................

Yeah its a good rule in principle, but a days notice is farcical.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
The never ending stream of incompetence from the AFL is truly breath taking. It's a complete #$%@show. Seemingly, a group of entitled middle aged white men without a clue between them.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Beg to differ on the rule ezy. We already have 4 on the bench; injuries happen and clubs just have to deal with them as we did in the GF last year and the PF in 2019 when we lost Broad for the last quarter and a half.

I'm more than convinced that no doctor would now risk sending a player onto the ground if there is even a small hint of concussion. I am concerned about the potential for manipulation by removing a player from the ground for strategic reasons due to a deliberately false concussion diagnosis.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Beg to differ on the rule ezy. We already have 4 on the bench; injuries happen and clubs just have to deal with them as we did in the GF last year and the PF in 2019 when we lost Broad for the last quarter and a half.

I'm more than convinced that no doctor would now risk sending a player onto the ground if there is even a small hint of concussion. I am concerned about the potential for manipulation by removing a player from the ground for strategic reasons due to a deliberately false concussion diagnosis.

Fair enough. potential for manipulation doesn't really worry me, cause everyone will manipulate the same.

Tucky's story consolidated my belief that players heads need to really protected.

Like you say, clubs already protect, but this will protect even more.

I see your POV entirely though

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Someone made a good point that if a player is subbed out due to injury, they can't play for a minimum of 2 weeks as per concussion protocols.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Comfortable 32 point win.
The 2 qtrs against the magpie's showed that we are on.
I can't see them kicking a score without McGovern and Casboult not in the forward line.
Betts sounded like he has already been told he won't be selected.
McKay has a ankle issue.
Unless they bring back Duigan or Kernahan they won't kick more then 10 goals.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Someone made a good point that if a player is subbed out due to injury, they can't play for a minimum of 2 weeks as per concussion protocols.
Yeah that should stop most of the loopholes, but I feel sorry for the player having a bad day and the coach decides better to sub him and drop him for next week regardless of injury.

Maybe there should be a training ban to go with the no playing ban.,

Or *smile* it, just make it concussion only.