GAME DAY - Tiges v Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tiges v Blues

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Forget Slo-Mo who has no idea what Aussie Rules is, what's going on behind the scenes?
He goes to the footy and drinks beer.
That’s good enough for me.
Also reckon Albanese is a Collingwood supporter but let’s not bring political views into it.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I only listened to a few minutes of it on the way home. Did you hear the one just before 11pm. Claimed we were gifted 5 goals from frees ( coincidentally if we didn’t “ receive” those we would have lost by 5 points), but when pressed couldn’t recall even one specific one of those. Claimed he was a neutral , a north supporter, but seemed to be on the verge of tears when describing how they were screwed by umpiring decisions ( seriously). I switched the station after that.
I watched the game again today, all of those frees mentioned by moaners not of the yellow and black persuasion are there. They have nothing to whinge about.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Phone on full brightness. In any case I have seen this for a couple of years now, at least 50% of people bringing a ticket on a phone have a lot of trouble convincing the machine to read the ticket.

22nd Man, can't quote your post as it is inside mine. Swiping out? Yeah, smoko.

DS
Later I guessed smoke, souvlaki or kick to kick. The pass out is dead.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Pass out is not dead, I'm printing the ticket next time. Printed QR codes for the AFLW tomorrow too, I have been doing this for all the AFLW games.

But they seriously need to look at cardboard pass outs again as it was a farce how long it took everyone to get in and out, large numbers of people waiting for the scanners to read phones. The technology is simply not up to the job.

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Has Paddy Dows haircut been discussed?

It appears he's paid someone $300 and asked something between Herman Munster and Marge Simpson?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
You have to laugh at the cluelessness of carlscum fans. On the way home the deluded were ringing into SEN talking about frees, are you kidding me blues had 10 more frees and 3 of their goals gifted by the umpires.

The Macintosh incident only blues fans could say if it wasn't tripping should've been holding the ball. An honest person would say geez Macintosh was grabbed by the legs should've been tiges free but we'll take the play on call. But no they wanted holding the ball even though it was a 100% trip.

Nankvervis still had pressure when he walked back into goals whereby Jones pretended to tap the ball over 5 meters and go over the line with no one behind him, you literally can't make this *smile* up. The very few blues fans who were there mostly in AFL members were making some noise there and carrying on for holding the ball every time we got tackled but unbeknown to the clueless which is your typical blues fan, tiger players were actually handballing it out.

Other callers were saying we had out McGovern (lol = spud), de Kooning (like CCJ he is still learning the ropes wont be the difference in the game), Tom Williamson (lol = spud), Betts at 33 years old didn't make the cut. The quality they had out was Zac Williams, Jack Martin and Charlie Curnow and to a lesser extent Marchbank. We had royalty out Cotchin and Houli

75 inside 50's to 41 shows that we should've won this game by 50+ based on the countless entries into our forward 50. We need to convert these inside 50 chances when they present.

Overall a good game, blues came to play and took it up to us but I always knew we would scoot away in red time and it panned out that way.

Happy with the win and look forward to next week V the Hawks.
The free against Jones for deliberate only resulted in a point anyway, Rioli missed it. That was a very obvious one, he was outside the square with no real pressure on him, could have easily grabbed it and tried to bring the ball out. Free kick every day of the week.

People forget that if a free that resulted in a goal was not paid the whole game changes so you can't just add the free kick goals up and say that's the difference. It doesn't work like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Thought it was nice to see the current Prime Minister and future Prime Minister together at a game.
Gawd I bloody hope not. Benny ever turns into a politician I'd lose all respect for him, to painful to contemplate. Politicians just b sub human slimy slitherers.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Couple of their fans that live near me said to me today Tigers are a one man side without Dusty we are *smile*.
Younger Bro texted me late in the game n suggested exactly the same thing, also that we'd still be searching for our first flag since 1980 if we didn't have him.
Just quietly reminded him that yes indeed we did have Dusty all to ourselves, also that his finals record was far superior to that of both Gazza's combined.

Think I might have offended him.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
There have been plenty of times in this era of success ( not finals ) where dusty has been very quiet , so quiet we were worried he was injured . We still won . Maybe we wouldn't have won premierships , who knows , but I reckon we would be still up there . It sounds like the talk we would be stuffed without rance . That worked well for them .

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
How many GF did the Gazza’s play

Dusty is great but that is a big call
For all those Grannies played in.
How many flags did they win between them?
How many Normies did they win between them?
From the total amount of finals they played between them. How many times were they best on ground in those finals? Average it out to compare to Dusty's B.O.G. in all finals played.

Stats that count , Dusty's got them covered, the rest is hype n dribble.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Forget Slo-Mo who has no idea what Aussie Rules is, what's going on behind the scenes?
Fraudenderp: "Look, son, this is a woman. If I pretend to be nice to it I might have a chance when I Bradbury my way into the leadership."
Blonde woman: "Who is this vacant mumbling dope and why does he have one of his milk fingers in my chest?"
Fraudenderp: "I'm pleased to announce that Carlton has won this match by 128 points."

Last edited:

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Watched tigers win on thursday night then grabbed a kebab on the way home. Does it get any better than that?

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Something I like to remind people of when they say things like this is, even if we didn't have Martin, we would have had another player at the same level of the draft. So, as an example, you go and check the draft we got Martin in and look at who went after him. Don't look. It ain't pretty.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Opposition supporters: Martin's overrated.
Also opposition supporters: Richmond only have three flags cause of Martin.

Reactions: 3 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
A lot of the commentary was about fatigue affecting skills, but then look at Dusty's last two passes. The last one didn't draw a cheer. The crowd all went "Awwwww!".

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Something I like to remind people of when they say things like this is, even if we didn't have Martin, we would have had another player at the same level of the draft. So, as an example, you go and check the draft we got Martin in and look at who went after him. Don't look. It ain't pretty.
That woulda been Morabito. Wouldn't have minded if we'd got him on draft day. Three or four Knee reco's in a row sure *smile* with that idea.
Scully, Trengove, Dusty, Morabito. Don't care who how or why, but we sure nailed the arse out of that draft.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
A lot of the commentary was about fatigue affecting skills, but then look at Dusty's last two passes. The last one didn't draw a cheer. The crowd all went "Awwwww!".

They sure did. I think I actually laughed at how good it was. Threaded the needle, straight onto Lambos chest.