GAME DAY - Tiges v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tiges v Dogs

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Have to admit I was wrong.
In my defence I did say "so far."
Different team after half time.

we had played 5 pretty dreadful quarters in a row at that stage gstar,

and we were in that place, where you knew Lynchy was gonna miss that soda from 20 out DIF

I was having moderately impure thoughts at half time.

Then some coaching genius from Dimma.

Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Our defence was brilliant , many of their handball chains were seriously good and would have shredded most sides , but our guys kept peeling off their opponent to shut them down and it was that decision making and timing that was key

Footscray have something to go away and learn from , replace Schache with Tim English and we could have had a real tight game

their midfield got Nanked and they’ll be feeling it this morning

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Did you see their man-buns? Their extravagantly ridiculous glam rock mullets? Did you see the way Nank and Lynch grabbed them by the hair and threw them across the room, and how Marlion grabbed a fistful of pretentious locks, forced them to look up and said "See that number 7? That's a mullet."

You can get a poshly frothed latte on Barkly St now. The Western Lattes i'm gonna call 'em. They should start an ironic jug band.
I know it’s illegal, but I really want to see someone tackle Bailey Smith by the hair.

Reactions: 2 users

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Just read write up on AFL website. Pretty luke warm I reckon. Saying Bullies were unluck not to be further in front cause of poor shots at goal,,,,, No mention that we were unluck not to b in front due to Lynchy missing 5. They really dont like us,,,

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Interested to see if media get stuck into Bruce for his grub act to Grimsey like they did to Lynch last year, Carbon Copy act shud get carbon copy press,,,

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Interested to see if media get stuck into Bruce for his grub act to Grimsey like they did to Lynch last year, Carbon Copy act shud get carbon copy press,,,

plus the ump hauled the ball back 50m to pay Grimes the free.

Richmond it the only side that gets paid 'across field' and 'negative down field' frees

Bruce reverted to type last night. He should enter the record books as the biggest bum ever to kick 10 goals in a game and the record should stand till the end of time.

we got a stroke of luck that countered our injuries this week;

dogs depth is a fallacy and they selected some real sub-standards; schache, Hannah, Rhylee west.

As good as we were in the 2nd half, I feel like dogs lost it at selection; they exceeded the tipping point of bums.

Foolish not picking JUH.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
plus the ump hauled the ball back 50m to pay Grimes the free.

Richmond it the only side that gets paid 'across field' and 'negative down field' frees

Bruce reverted to type last night. He should enter the record books as the biggest bum ever to kick 10 goals in a game and the record should stand till the end of time.

we got a stroke of luck that countered our injuries this week;

dogs depth is a fallacy and they selected some real sub-standards; schache, Hannah, Rhylee west.

As good as we were in the 2nd half, I feel like dogs lost it at selection; they exceeded the tipping point of bums.

Foolish not picking JUH.
How *smile* was that decision. We were 50 m away with the ball and on our way forward. Then the moron pays a free and brings the ball back to a much worse position for us!! It was either advantage or our free where we had the ball. That decision was a massive disadvantage to us and ended up costing us a goal. It's like they just can't stand to give us a free and when they do they make sure we are still disadvantaged by it. *smile* morons.

Yes the Dogs do have some king spuds on their list and a few were on display last night. Bruce is pathetic; how bad must North really be?? Cordy is no good. Schache is possibly the most timid 6'4" bloke to ever play the game. Even their supposedly glorious midfield got shown up last night; they don't like the heat.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Great game. Well done boys. Was at the game in fairly crap seats so will need to watch the replay to see more detail. The umps frustrating as usual. Always amusing to read the game day thread especially if we are behind :)) . You would think we were perennial wooden spooners going by comments by certain posters week after week.
Good to see us getting some games into kids, even if forced to with injuries we had. Do the media “experts” realise who we have out and are due to return? They will be shitting themselves once they discover that.
I wasnt that concerned when we were behind because even though the dogs were dominating, they were only around 3 goals ahead most of the time and some of that was only due to our early bad kicking for goal.
Also, I didn’t understand the love for the dogs. The media hyped them up to be some unstoppable juggernaut. Did they do their research? They had beaten Collingwood, eagles over here , norf, Brisbane in Ballarat, suns here and the giants. I know you can only beat the opposition put in front of you but seriously!! I heard one commentator on the way to the game say Melb. And the dogs could possibly be both 10-0 when they meet up o_O
I’m glad we keep flying under the radar seemingly year after year. It bewilders me though that I have heard repeatedly the media say we are the best team in the competition but they always hype up everyone else. Last night was the perfect example. The Huns panel of “experts” tipped the dogs , 17 experts to 3
Anyway, enjoyed the win and looking forward to them hyping the pussies up for next week for the grand final “rematch”. You know, the one where if the cats win they’ll go on about how they got their revenge for last year ( if it happens then I’m sure they’ll be happy getting the 4 points while our boys will be wallowing in their misery having to polish their premiership medallion)

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
:rotfl1

I haven't seen so much hate in ezy.jr as he has for Bailey Smith.
There's a rumour the Lattes have an unprecedented midfield. I heard a commentator call them tough.

When Josh Dunkley plays, they have two tough midfielders. (Libba.) The rest are pack-skirting blousers. I've been a fan of Smith, but he turned his toes up and panicked under heat several times. We learnt a bit about them: 1. They're soft.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
There's a rumour the Lattes have an unprecedented midfield. I heard a commentator call them tough.

When Josh Dunkley plays, they have two tough midfielders. (Libba.) The rest are pack-skirting blousers. I've been a fan of Smith, but he turned his toes up and panicked under heat several times. We learnt a bit about them: 1. They're soft.

to be fair though, our pack makes anyone look soft.

marlion pickett would make roger merrett look like that ex-handbagger menzyl

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
to be fair though, our pack makes anyone look soft.

marlion pickett would make roger merrett look like that ex-handbagger menzyl
I need to correct myself. I said the Lattes have two tough midfielders. I meant footballers.

Okay, Naughton. Three.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Bad feeling about tonight. I’m no stats man but gut feel tells me Bulldogs have torn us apart at times over the journey.
Forward line is an absolute mess, need a massive game from Tom, but doubt it will happen. Reckon we have already seen the best of him.
The cliff can approach very quickly, I have a feeling we are getting close.
Don’t think we will get within ten goals.
Never been so glad to be so very wrong.
What a game, really didn’t think we had that second half in us just at the moment.
And Big Tom - I was wrong, played a magnificent game. That’s the Lynch we need, hard leading, creating space, breaking the game open. A massive step up from his woeful last few weeks of sitting at the back trying to push his oppo under the ball.
Go Tigers

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Just read write up on AFL website. Pretty luke warm I reckon. Saying Bullies were unluck not to be further in front cause of poor shots at goal,,,,, No mention that we were unluck not to b in front due to Lynchy missing 5. They really dont like us,,,
Yes, really unable to discern what they see happening in front of them. If we had been sharper in the 1st half, would have been a blow-out win.

But did you notice that Baker was not even named in our best!? Right. Did nothing much. Same in Hun match report.

Such egg-sperts. o_O

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Josh Bruce ruffled Grimesy up and Grimsey let him know about it big time. I noticed Bruce gave him a wide berth after that. I think our boy scared him
Apparently Wayne Carey suggested in commentary that Bruce is a little too aware of possible contact.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I know it’s illegal, but I really want to see someone tackle Bailey Smith by the hair.
Yer, but they are deliberately pretentious. Mullets a widespread in-joke currently. See our winning team golfers this week - Cam Smith and Mark Leishman.

But luckily there's no hair jealousy from anyone who's 'follically-challenged' on PRE though! :D

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

I reckon Smith may have had to change his shorts more than once last night. Bomtempelli is a sheep dog, skirts around the outside for an easy kick, Hunter is soft, and we forced MacRae to kick more last night, and he's not that good at it.