GAME DAY - Tiges v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tiges v Dogs

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
You could easily tell Nought-on would miss the goals when glazing at the scoreboard 3 times.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Apparently Wayne Carey suggested in commentary that Bruce is a little too aware of possible contact.
Bruce was terrible last night and he seems to be tracking as usual. One bag of goals v inferior opposition then nothing.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
dogs depth is a fallacy and they selected some real sub-standards; schache, Hannah, Rhylee west.

Reading their big footy forums during the week, they were spruiking their depth, that Schache was great, Lipinski would walk into any other midfield as would West.

Driving home last night, Dogs supporters "no idea what we see in West or Schache, they are rubbish". Its remarkable what a defeat or 2 does to your psyche. We had the same after last week, our depth is crap. We win last night, oh actually our depth is pretty good.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Bruce was terrible last night and he seems to be tracking as usual. One bag of goals v inferior opposition then nothing.

Was hearing footsteps every time he went near it after he'd taken Grimes out in the 3rd. Went at the ball like a scared 10 year old.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
You could easily tell Nought-on would miss the goals when glazing at the scoreboard 3 times.
Didn't like the way we let him get away for some easy marks and goal-shots though. He is their classiest forward and deserves close checking.

But he and a lot of the Doggies kicked really well - until we ratcheted up the pressure. Then a lot of soiled shorts.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I called him a VFL centre-half-back but Mr B said he's not that good, so we settled for Div 2 back pocket.

• Haha

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
There's a rumour the Lattes have an unprecedented midfield. I heard a commentator call them tough.

When Josh Dunkley plays, they have two tough midfielders. (Libba.) The rest are pack-skirting blousers. I've been a fan of Smith, but he turned his toes up and panicked under heat several times. We learnt a bit about them: 1. They're soft.
Yep. The dogs miss Dunkley more than we miss Dusty. Might be a big call but we have a more all round team and can somewhat compensate when Dusty isn’t playing. I don’t think the dogs have the same luxury when it comes to Dunkley being an out

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Didn't like the way we let him get away for some easy marks and goal-shots though. He is their classiest forward and deserves close checking.

But he and a lot of the Doggies kicked really well - until we ratcheted up the pressure. Then a lot of soiled shorts.

His leading patterns and work off the ball are very good. Watched him a few times. He's also very big so when the ball is kicked in front of him then the defender behind isn't going to stop him. Need someone filling that space in front of him.

Sometimes you just have to accept good ball movement and leading patterns.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
plus the ump hauled the ball back 50m to pay Grimes the free.

Richmond it the only side that gets paid 'across field' and 'negative down field' frees

Bruce reverted to type last night. He should enter the record books as the biggest bum ever to kick 10 goals in a game and the record should stand till the end of time.

we got a stroke of luck that countered our injuries this week;

dogs depth is a fallacy and they selected some real sub-standards; schache, Hannah, Rhylee west.

As good as we were in the 2nd half, I feel like dogs lost it at selection; they exceeded the tipping point of bums.

Foolish not picking JUH.

Yeh, we had switched the ball and were out the other side and they bring it back. Grimes kick went to bulldogs and it led to Naughton's goal. Thanks Ump.

Dogs are the same as last year with the addition of Treloar. Their best 22 is bottom half of top 8 material. Out first week in finals. The Dees are a much more difficult proposition.

Bruce/Keath/Cordy/Martin - can't think of a worse 4 big combo in AFL. I didn't add Schache as I doubt he will play again.

The dogs lack real toughness. Macrae had the least effective 30 touch game I can remember. The only tough mid is Libba and he's probably their worst user of the mids. Hunter has turned into a staging squib. The Bont flopped to earn a free. It's disingenuous behaviour anywhere but cancer to a football side.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Reading their big footy forums during the week, they were spruiking their depth, that Schache was great, Lipinski would walk into any other midfield as would West.

Driving home last night, Dogs supporters "no idea what we see in West or Schache, they are rubbish". Its remarkable what a defeat or 2 does to your psyche. We had the same after last week, our depth is crap. We win last night, oh actually our depth is pretty good.
Yeah, I have a saying about depth. It’s only good when you’re winning.

• Haha

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Our defence was brilliant , many of their handball chains were seriously good and would have shredded most sides , but our guys kept peeling off their opponent to shut them down and it was that decision making and timing that was key

Footscray have something to go away and learn from , replace Schache with Tim English and we could have had a real tight game

their midfield got Nanked and they’ll be feeling it this morning
Guess that's the point. Where is their depth? English fo Scache? What about if we had Dusty, Prestia, Lambert, Vlastuin in. What ifs mean nothing.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I need to correct myself. I said the Lattes have two tough midfielders. I meant footballers.

Last night highlighted that teams can still be physically intimidated. It was awesome to watch the dogs players shrink as we grew.

It started in the middle with Nank/Marlion/Chimp - simply too brutal for the dogs.

I listened to Steph Martin a few weeks ago on SEN breakfast. He was waxing lyrical on the dogs midfield. They were the best he had ever seen, amazing set of mids that he was humble to play with. Well they were humbled last night. Humiliated even.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
I need to correct myself. I said the Lattes have two tough midfielders. I meant footballers.

Okay, Naughton. Three.
hows that kick by naughton?
repeatedly checking himself out on the big screen, then fluffs the kick when they desperately needed a goal near the end

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Good to see Chris Hyde as the homecoming hero. Still looks pretty fit.
I know Greg Tivendale has done it before, but they should get him back again for next week, just so one more time it could be:

In : Tivendale
Out : Hyde.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Interested to see if media get stuck into Bruce for his grub act to Grimsey like they did to Lynch last year, Carbon Copy act shud get carbon copy press,,,
Manbun simply isn’t good enough for them to waste column inches on. Where’s the click bait in crap footballer tries to suck in triple Premiership champion?