GAME DAY - Tiges v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tiges v Dogs

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
used to think josh bruce was just a funny-lookin' list clogger.

now I think he's a funny-lookin' list cloggin' dog.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What happened to all the talk about Footscary's depth?
In the space of 24 hours, they have lost it.
They actually believed they were a good side.
There form was average.
Collingwood, Wc at the shithole, Brisbane in the Arctic, Gc, North and the Giants.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
watching the dog's coach speaking after the game, there was a sure sign of "gosh what happened" on his face. make no mistake a 40 points turnaround in two quarters was a stunning effect by our whole team. Well done Tigers. keep it going.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Moved
watching the dog's coach speaking after the game, there was a sure sign of "gosh what happened" on his face. make no mistake a 40 points turnaround in two quarters was a stunning effect by our whole team. Well done Tigers. keep it going.
Now they know how West Coast felt.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It started in the middle with Nank/Marlion/Chimp - simply too brutal for the dogs.

yeah we brutalised 'em.

what a night.

cant wait to brutalise the Dees, who are a more genuine contender than the Dogs,

which isnt saying too much.

I really love how brief and shallow Lynchy and Noah do a form slump

Port V Lions tonight tells me whose No.1 challenger tonight

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
yeah we brutalised 'em.

what a night.

cant wait to brutalise the Dees, who are a more genuine contender than the Dogs,

which isnt saying too much.

I really love how brief and shallow Lynchy and Noah do a form slump

Port V Lions tonight tells me whose No.1 challenger tonight
I'm barracking for Bears over those Big Mouths.

Port have fast become a hive of Floggery and Shithousery.

Reactions: 3 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
watching the highlights over and over, wanting to confirm that the dogs ran out of legs by the last quarter. Bolton's last goal, they did not try to chase him down.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
watching the highlights over and over, wanting to confirm that the dogs ran out of legs by the last quarter. Bolton's last goal, they did not try to chase him down.
They realised by then they can't catch him anyway.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I don't think it was a much running out of legs but more heart as they knew they were turning over big time

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006

In fairness, it would be easier to snare a greased-up chicken.

• Haha

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I've watched twice on the replay, and I think my BoG last night was Hardwick. Although technically wasn't on the ground, I think he set this up mid week where he mentioned that our Blitz was a perfect counter to the dogs handball game.

He talked about wanting to convert in the forwardline and make the most of our opportunities.

Everything I saw last night, even some of the game day moves (loved the Baker up the ground move) had his fingerprints all over it.

From the players, I think Cotchin, Houli, Lynch, Bolton and Nankervis for mine - don't care which order.

I said it last week and I'll say it again. Our backline are only as good as our system defense up the field. They looked really good as a unit last night,
but the ball was taking a long time to get up there at times in the second half. Grimes getting in Cam Bwuce's head was a treat especially.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Generally I don't watch replays of games I attend but did this time as it was an intriguing game.

On the TV the second quarter looked nowhere near as bad as it looked at the ground. We weren't out of it but the Dogs managed to convert a few times while we didn't. Don't get me wrong, Footscray were clearly much better than us in the second, it was just that we weren't as bad as it looked.

The impression at the ground was that we lifted in the second half, no different on TV. The pressure was way up and that's where the Dogs are susceptible, they can be prevented from playing their game.

But, as someone said to me today, this could be a good loss for Footscray. They got to see the level they need to reach. It was Round 7, good timing for a wake-up loss. I reckon Footscray will be contending this year. They are very good and, if they have the right attitude, will learn from this.

DS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I’ve turned it off and putting the Grand Tour on. When your 1 million a year key forward kicks 0.5 u know it’s not going to end well
Last time we had a forward kick 5 behinds we won a flag by 15 goals.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I've watched twice on the replay, and I think my BoG last night was Hardwick. Although technically wasn't on the ground, I think he set this up mid week where he mentioned that our Blitz was a perfect counter to the dogs handball game.

He talked about wanting to convert in the forwardline and make the most of our opportunities.

Everything I saw last night, even some of the game day moves (loved the Baker up the ground move) had his fingerprints all over it.

From the players, I think Cotchin, Houli, Lynch, Bolton and Nankervis for mine - don't care which order.

I said it last week and I'll say it again. Our backline are only as good as our system defense up the field. They looked really good as a unit last night,
but the ball was taking a long time to get up there at times in the second half. Grimes getting in Cam Bwuce's head was a treat especially.
Well said.

I thought not so much best ,but most influential were Lynch when things weren’t going our way, put the fear in their backs and then I thought the Skips third quarter was vintage big game Skip , though if I was doing the votes I’d have given them to Bolton

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Should we trade him while he has currency?

Not sure we need him while we have L Baker.
C'mon TBR, ya never sell the heart n soul. But it's alright to trim the fringies a bit when you're having a bad hair day.