GAME DAY Tiges V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges V Eagles

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Huge game may just be an understatement, some say this is the toughest assignment there is, Eagles in the Pot . No doubt there strengthened by Allen an Kennedy been back in the side .

The Richmond way has been building , no time to stop the momentum on the Tiggy train , I think tonight gives a real view of where we are actually at , couple of easy kills lately , hiwever this is the perfect chance to keep the Eagles from challenging for top 4 and put ourselves right back in the challenge .

This is going to be a ginormous test for Chol and CJ

Reactions: 7 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I seem to say this every week, 'tough big game today'... today is no exception, need to be on and keep the crowd noise down.

A great opportunity to move up the ladder and thanks to the Hawks this is now possible.

Tiges by 18pt.

Reactions: 4 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Their monsters will monster us. 35pts loss coming up. Top 4 chance just about gone. Only hope rain and a slippery deck

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Get the 4 points and enjoy the week off next week.

Reactions: 2 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Tight tussle for 5 maybe10 mins and than we pulverise them.
Tiges by 15 goals....

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Great opportunity to get to 6 on the ladder if we can improve % by 2.2%.

Reactions: 1 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Allen, Darling and then Kennedy and Liam Ryan are the worry.
Hope it is slippery!

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I am dam nervous and not confident about this game - something in my bones tells me we will come up short.

The bummers chanced a much weakened side that then lost two players early and could only make their move in the 4th qtr where they ran over the top of them.

Can‘t see any rain from the BoM radar. If Nick Nat is allowed to influence a qtr or two then I reckon our defence may be in strife. We ain’t playing anywhere near our best and I don’t think we have yet to put in a 4 qtr effort.

Really hope we get up, Jack gets 4 goals and reaches 700 but I will be surprised if we get there tbh.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
back to back toughest assignments in footy,

is more than twice as hard as just the toughest assignment in footy.

Im actually not so confident today. very rare for me.

maybe its because I caught the red eye from Perth a month or so ago, and cramped all the next day? Im concerned about 20 hours on a plane in a week

If we can pull it off, I think we'll finish top 4.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
back to back toughest assignments in footy,

is more than twice as hard as just the toughest assignment in footy.

Im actually not so confident today. very rare for me.

maybe its because I caught the red eye from Perth a month or so ago, and cramped all the next day? Im concerned about 20 hours on a plane in a week

If we can pull it off, I think we'll finish top 4.
Likewise I am not sure we can win this. If I am correct this game was to be played at the G..
Fate has declared it be played at the Eagles home ground where the crowd is worth a goal or two at least.
Should Nick Nat, Darling and Kennedy fire up we are in big trouble.
Hoping for the best but not at all confident.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Our team is missing Nankervis, Lynch, Astbury & Prestia. Very key players against WC. Hope I’m wrong but I’m just not confident of the win in Perth.
Lynch was giving us nothing needed a break.
Nakas is a huge loss coming up against show bag
Prestia is a huge loss, but we have proven we can cover him
Astbury not convinced he is best 22 anymore.
They're missing Kelly Shuey, McGovern and Heady
Even.

Reactions: 4 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I'm optimistic that the Tigers will find a way tonight to claw their way to the win.
Richmond by eight points, claiming a mighty victory.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Our team is missing Nankervis, Lynch, Astbury & Prestia. Very key players against WC. Hope I’m wrong but I’m just not confident of the win in Perth.

they have a few key outs in the middle; Kelly and Shuey.

And no McGovern is huge; he is their Dusty, in a different way

and Kennedy doesnt have a great first-up record from memory.

We will need a really even spread of contributors I reckon, plus some dusty and $hai magic.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The other factor I’m worried about is the trip to Perth is the hardest trip in footy. We are doing it two weeks in a row. This time against the home team who have been sleeping in their own beds all week. It will certainly be a great win if we get it done.

Last edited:

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
West toast been struggling to run out games. If it’s even after 3Q we’ve got a good chance.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Likewise I am not sure we can win this. If I am correct this game was to be played at the G..
Fate has declared it be played at the Eagles home ground where the crowd is worth a goal or two at least.
It was always an Eagles home game Gray.

This is our best chance to beat them in the West for quite a while.

Last edited:

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I’m not greatly confident, either, but I ask this in all seriousness, Gray, have you ever been confident going into a game? I can’t recall it.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I’m not greatly confident, either, but I ask this in all seriousness, Gray, have you ever been confident going into a game? I can’t recall it.
Very seldom CTT. Left overs from the dark days past, where we lost more often than not. In those days it was very hard to be confident.
Was very sure of wins though in the 70's and 80's when we were so good.
When we get to play North, Suns and Maggies I will be confident. I think!!