GAME DAY Tiges v Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges v Hawks

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I don’t know when I have felt so good about a drawn game in a poor, non-finals season. I am looking forward to a great offseason and renewed enthusiasm for 2022.

Reactions: 7 users

tigertough

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
Some say Vloss should be our next captain. With his laCD of discipline I do not think so

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
whilst it definitely had the feel of a Channel 9 Legends game, I find it sobering how far our ball movement has slipped.

our offensive game since the bye has been diabolical.

this is the main thing we need to turn around before Round 1 2022.

Reactions: 5 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
in terms of highlights, I found Miller to be more than solid. good size, knows how to spoil without giving away a free (no mean feat in 2021).

RCD will be big for us next year, mark it down. Soldo back and a more clearance-oriented outfit will bring out the best in this kid.

I think Martyn and Dow looked solid. Martyn is a big lad and Dow looks class. Ross was played well in his best position but I still think he is mutton where you should be playing prime lamb cuts in the middle.

Stack reminded us what he can do up forward, CJ will be a huge player. Rioli cementing his new odyssey off half back.

Bolton a Rolls, Baker industrious.

There's a solid framework there and it is sustainable for a decade. Nab a couple of top ten picks and we are laughing.

Reactions: 2 users

Greenie

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
in terms of highlights, I found Miller to be more than solid. good size, knows how to spoil without giving away a free (no mean feat in 2021).

RCD will be big for us next year, mark it down. Soldo back and a more clearance-oriented outfit will bring out the best in this kid.

I think Martyn and Dow looked solid. Martyn is a big lad and Dow looks class. Ross was played well in his best position but I still think he is mutton where you should be playing prime lamb cuts in the middle.

Stack reminded us what he can do up forward, CJ will be a huge player. Rioli cementing his new odyssey off half back.

Bolton a Rolls, Baker industrious.

There's a solid framework there and it is sustainable for a decade. Nab a couple of top ten picks and we are laughing.
Nice summary, the only correction is that I reckon Bolton is more Ferrari than Rolls.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Nice summary, the only correction is that I reckon Bolton is more Ferrari than Rolls.
indeed. and as strange as it is to equate people with cars, I absolutely agree. Shaun Burgoyne is more of a Rolls

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
31 points down with 5:30 left. Crazy ending. Could it even be some type of record on terms of comebacks?

This reminds me of a game against Footscray about 15 years ago at Marvel. We led by 19 points with 3:30 left and it ended in a draw.
I was thinking of that Gold Coast game.

While the commentators started trying to keep the viewers from changing to the golf, my wife said that they can't be serious?

I said, no, it's not like we're playing Richmond.

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
If Miller comes good, might free up Balta to be used as an old fashion utility player.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I was worried we would finish the year with a 10 goal loss. Kids stood up really well.

Hopefully it gives a bit of positivity into the off- season. While list needs to get healthy, but also super fit. Amazing how we went from being the fittest team to one of the least so quickly. Must rectify this, starting Monday.

I reckon the boys and Dimma will be out to prove a point next year.

Reactions: 2 users