GAME DAY Tiges v Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges v Hawks

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
It is all about offensive connection between the midfield and the forwards
Exactly.
They have no idea what to do with ball in hand when they’re transitioning to the forward line.
The movement doesn’t look natural and we have to work too hard for every goal.
Something needs to change

Reactions: 1 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Hawkers could not beat Tigers with our second 22 in. Say no more except goodbye Alistair.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Draw still gives us pick 7 if Saints win. Well tanked, Dimma.
A lot of jokes about it, and personally expected us to cop a hiding and hardly cared, but I think drop the tanking 'yokes'. Clearly this club never does, refuses to, including today. Just watch that last 5 goals in 6 minutes again if anyone thinks we ever would.

Loved the result for several reasons, but if someone seriously thinks the club or Dimma staged a draw today, they need their head read. We are not MFC or Cartoon. Simply ridiculous.

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
That worked out well, never have I celebrated a draw as I did for this game. Well done to the boys! Kicked the last 5 goals in 6 mins
Yep, most satisfying draw I have ever seen all round. You're quite astute!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Stack is a forward
Nonsense, couple of goals in dead rubber doth not a forward make. He's best as an attacking, rebounding HBF who can be switched into the middle or forward if the team needs a lift, like today. Much like Baker.

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Nonsense, couple of goals in dead rubber doth not a forward make. He's best as an attacking, rebounding HBF who can be switched into the middle or forward if the team needs a lift, like today. Much like Baker.
Thought he had a bit of a shocker today. Redeemed himself at the finish.

Reactions: 5 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
About 800 goals and 3 flags
Living in history. Very ordinary game from JR8 today until saving his/our day at the end. Will be interesting to see if he is still getting a game this time next year. Bachar got tapped on the shoulder and was probably still moving better than Jack. Not far from becoming a liability IMHO. One more injury would put the heat on.

He's an absolute legend but everyone comes to the end.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Not sure if mentioned earlier, any reason why Silk and Clarko just walked off whereas Bash and DTLD got chaired?

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Really hard to take much out of that imho , was very much a nothing to play for game, in saying that well done lads for fighting back. I didn’t see anything to change my opinions on any player ,though Ross and Miller showed a bit which may get them another year . Not so much his game, however just the way CJ is now moving gives me great hope for him taking a big step next season.
First game I’ve liked from Ross. RCD and CCJ played well. Miller solid. Stack finished well. You’re not going to get much more than that from 1 game.

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
First game I’ve liked from Ross. RCD and CCJ played well. Miller solid. Stack finished well. You’re not going to get much more than that from 1 game.
True, however there’s a bit of collective info to work with now, though I saw some things to like with the Cubs , I’m still where I was early in the season that there’s talent, however I doubt we have star mids coming through and fact is you need star mids to win flags . I still have Dow as the best of them , however I’m not sure his kicking is anything better then ok .in saying that we still have a couple of handy old mids to see us through while we find some more . If we could land Tom Green that would make a huge difference going forward , would allow us to add a stack of skilled outside run.

Reactions: 1 user

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
True, however there’s a bit of collective info to work with now, though I saw some things to like with the Cubs , I’m still where I was early in the season that there’s talent, however I doubt we have star mids coming through and fact is you need star mids to win flags . I still have Dow as the best of them , however I’m not sure his kicking is anything better then ok .in saying that we still have a couple of handy old mids to see us through while we find some more . If we could land Tom Green that would make a huge difference going forward , would allow us to add a stack of skilled outside run.
Yep, I agree, there's a dirth of talent, we really need to score in free agency AND the draft. One for now, one for later.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Different club these days
On average I think you can reasonably expect to pick up a couple of good players with those sort of picks. 2017 for example, Higgins at 17, CJ at 20, Balta 25, Naish 34, Miller 63 and possibly pick of the bunch Baker rookie draft pick 18.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yep, I agree, there's a dirth of talent, we really need to score in free agency AND the draft. One for now, one for later.
if we go FA , think we need A grade talent not anymore role players, may as well play the kids in those roles