GAME DAY Tiges v Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges v Hawks

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Last 5 or 6 games Flossy was in excellent form. Possibly best Tiger player over that period. Fairly interrupted season with injury too.
Agree, he played some good footy when he finally got back, but he did some dumb things as well. Gave away angry frees, and 50 m penalties.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Agree, he paled some good footy when he finally got back, but he did some dumb things as well. Gave away angry frees, and 50 m penalties.
I don’t want to make light of it in anyway bigwow, however I wonder if Tigga’s numerous concussions have effected his temperament in anyway ?

A big safe off season should be just the tonic

Reactions: 2 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I don’t want to make light of it in anyway bigwow, however I wonder if Tigga’s numerous concussions have effected his temperament in anyway ?

A big safe off season should be just the tonic
Could be, he's copped some big knocks. He definitely wasn't the Vlastuin of previous years through the middle of the season, looked uncertain, and a bit shaken up. He played better footy over the last monh or so, but he played right on the edge. A longer break may be just what he needs. How's his house going down at Torquay, maybe he can head down there for a surf, and do some building work, covid permitting.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
1629591466087.png
Im not normally a stats man, but this is telling

Our starting mid's for majority of the game consisted if RCD, Not Paddy, Will M, CJ & Rossy

Touched up in the ruck and around the ground stoppages BUT matched them at centre clearances.

Plenty to work with me thinks

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
View attachment 13139

Our starting mid's for majority of the game consisted if RCD, Not Paddy, Will M, CJ & Rossy

Touched up in the ruck and around the ground stoppages BUT matched them at centre clearances.

Agree - centre clearance was an improvement and includes a patch in Q3 when Hawks cleared 6 to 1. Around the ground stoppage continues to be an issue - not sure if that's because opposition has an outnumber as we're playing a spare across half back.

One related matter is how poor Tom Lynch's ruck work is in the forward line at throw ins and ball ups. Almost always easily beaten. This has to be addressed before next season.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Could be, he's copped some big knocks. He definitely wasn't the Vlastuin of previous years through the middle of the season, looked uncertain, and a bit shaken up. He played better footy over the last monh or so, but he played right on the edge. A longer break may be just what he needs. How's his house going down at Torquay, maybe he can head down there for a surf, and do some building work, covid permitting.
Hope so. This early and extended break as well as a full pre season will be welcomed by many of our veterans.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
View attachment 13139

Boys vs men. We did well.
Makes me wonder why Dimma didn’t try Ross in the center earlier

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
On average I think you can reasonably expect to pick up a couple of good players with those sort of picks. 2017 for example, Higgins at 17, CJ at 20, Balta 25, Naish 34, Miller 63 and possibly pick of the bunch Baker rookie draft pick 18.
Apart from the Higlet walking out on us. I'll happily take a draft like this at the end of the year.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
If it was staged, they did a hell of a job.

"with 6 seconds to go, Jack you soccer the ball in the pack towards goal, Silk you dive at it as if trying to touch it but get there just too late. That'll fool 'em"

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Agree, he played some good footy when he finally got back, but he did some dumb things as well. Gave away angry frees, and 50 m penalties.
Always plays on edge. Some 50s are so line ball, often comes down to how well the opponent milks the contact. Strictly speaking it's there but inconsistently umpired.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Win this game and we would have finished 9th and got pick 12 (Ben Lennon and Corey Ellis!). Instead finish 12th and get pick 9 (Vlaustin)

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Agree - centre clearance was an improvement and includes a patch in Q3 when Hawks cleared 6 to 1. Around the ground stoppage continues to be an issue - not sure if that's because opposition has an outnumber as we're playing a spare across half back.

One related matter is how poor Tom Lynch's ruck work is in the forward line at throw ins and ball ups. Almost always easily beaten. This has to be addressed before next season.

I thought we looked a lot better at centre bounces, in some games in recent weeks nothing they seemed to do worked and it just looked like we were going to concede a centre clearance every time. This week we looked more likely to either win the centre clearance or at least make sure if the opposition cleared the ball it was under more pressure. Clearly lots of work to be done there. You may well be right about around the ground clearances, we might need to change strategy on that aspect as it isn't working at the moment.

Lynch is a terrible ruck, not sure why they persist. He showed yesterday that he is a great forward when he runs around and presents. We need someone else to do the forward rucking.

DS

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

Yes to Tom Lynch improving ruck work.. its non competitive. Still think.for a bloke his size he does not know how to use it.