GAME DAY Tiges v Lions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges v Lions

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
You guys are living in the past. Lots of multiple premiership players that fall by the wayside when form and confidence wane. I could have added Astbury to that group of names very easily also.

None of those players have earnt their spot in the team this year.
Like I said their form hasnt been great but they are not 'spuds' are you kindly put it.

Who do you suggest replaces the likes of Houli, Rioli, Castagna and Astbury considering we have Cotchin, Prestia, Lambert, Edwards and Bolton all out injured?

Keeping in mid we won last week with those players in the team and all playing crucial roles.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Tend to agree we got to breake even in the midfield and we're a big chance.Take our chances to a must missing to many shots. Pressure and intensity has to be strong and switch on for 4 qtrs.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Perfect Brisbane day today. Having a drink and lunch at the yacht club before heading into town for the pre game function and game.

Go Tiges!
View attachment 12240
Lucky you. Taz and I had our flight cancelled and we're stuck at the airport waiting for a later flight. We now land at 7:20 and have to drop bags off before scarpering to the game.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Lucky you. Taz and I had our flight cancelled and we're stuck at the airport waiting for a later flight. We now land at 7:20 and have to drop bags off before scarpering to the game.
Hope you make it in time gents.......not Jetstar by any chance?

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Lions recent wins have been against Bombers, Blues, Port at the Gabba, Dockers and Suns.

I'm quietly confident.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Buy a couple of blankets and when you see the stadium lights, jump.

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yes and now there’s IT problems delaying check-in at Virgin. Three hour to game time. Need a local to cause a security scare that delays the game.
What, like someone running naked across the ground with a bucket of KFC shouting "Death to Red Rooster"

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Confidence building match this one. I feel like we are in a race rounding the turn on the rails, in the middle of the pack. Just have to time our run down the straight and pip everyone at the line.
Bakes is small enough to be a jockey, the little champ will weave a path and steer us home.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tonight could be one of those nights where everything goes right and we get the job done easily.

Trip away for the boys, lovely weather and a return to that 2020 Premiership Triumph.

I see good things happening.

There will be a bag kicked by an RFC forward tonight..............
D Martin 5 or 6 would be nice, or Tommy to kick 5 or 6 and get his mojo back even better.

• Love

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We have no right to win this game. Pick our best 6 in the midfield and we have 5 of them out. Games are not always won in the midfield but it’s really hard to win if you get soundly beaten in that area.

However these are the games that in recent years we have won and if we do happen to get up I will still believe that the threepeat is alive and well.

For some reason I feel like we could do it. Maybe that’s because I have seen this group to it before or maybe I am dreaming and haven’t accepted the 2021 reality.