GAME DAY Tiges v Lions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges v Lions

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
on the bright side, a mate at the 2nds just texted 'CJ killing it'

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
George’s miss in the 3rd qtr followed by the worst call of the night, the free paid to Zorko after blatantly throwing it, were pivotal in the result.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Got to laugh reading Andrew Stafford's report of the game in The Age.

Was expecting at least a mention of the 20-6 free kick count at half time, as it's, well newsworthy. I can't recall a more lopsided count in a half of football.

The only mention of "free kick" in the article was when Riewoldt "kicked a third on Adams from a free kick".

LOL
It won’t get mentioned in the msm. It’s the equivalent of ‘don’t mention the war’ from Fawlty Towers. It’s not just us, either. Any time the flogs performance is controversial or subpar they sweep it under the carpet and hope no one brings it up.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
yep and this is why the addition / discovery of RCD and Baker in the midfield is gold for us. by September, injury gods willing, we will bat deep in the clearance stakes

tier 1
martin
cotchin
prestia
edwards
bolton

tier 2
graham
RCD
Baker
lambert

absolutely no passengers in here. marlion and kmac can do their thing on the wings and dare I say it, Soldo might be able to pull a clark keating on all of us.

bright times ahead for 2021.
It may not actually bear fruit this year, but it could augur very well for 2022.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Embarrassingly Did something I’ve never done before last night , was nothing to do with the Tiges performance , however early in the second quarter I turned the footy off , just couldn’t be bothered watching the rub of the green frees go against us again, yep spooky la la from me and definitely would not leave a game for it, just couldn’t be *smile* watching that *smile* again, again I have no issue with the actual umps, no doubt some are better then others but it’s just the grey soft rules . My son came out to the lounge and said what’s the footy score , I said I don’t know haven’t got it on , he said no wonder it’s quiet lol , smart arse.I must say in the firs5 qtr I didn’t have the volume on as I never do with BT commentating, I find that helps the blood pressure . I’ve sat through 100s of games while we are getting pumped and maybe it’s just that ive been blessed by this amazing team to fulfi my life dreams that it dosent now mean as much, however even though we were winning I simply just couldn’t be bothered watching another injustice to a great team.

In saying that I hope there wasn’t any other weak as *smile* Tigers out there :))

To lose by 5goals is still an ordinary performance in my eyes , they had plenty out too, *smile* happens

Go Tiges
Same here CC. Nearly broke the TV watching that *smile* house umpiring. Seriously as amateur as it could get. Poor Dimma (and Ratts and other coaches) just have to accept living in a communist league where they can't express any dispute.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
What was with Daniher’s multiple unrealistic marking attempts not being penalised either. He effectively takes one or two players out of a contest with this technique of his.

Also, Zorko has to be the biggest piece of crap playing in the AFL.

They kicked 2 goals directly from contests like this that are paid in every other game................except last night against Richmond. They weren't even debatable frees, they were clear as day.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Going by the showing off and big heads the Bears players showed yesterday, I'll be looking forward to R18 at the G even more now.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Was in the car listening to the start of the rub on Triple M. Parrot going on that he loved the carry on by the Lions, yet I'm pretty sure he's called us arrogant in the past when we don't do a thing like what was being done to us last night.

Last night their arrogance and cockiness just got to me, especially Mathieson who has achieved nothing other than being a yo-yo player in the AFL. People try to talk down Dusty because apparantly he is "arrogant". When has he EVER done anything like that to another player from the opposition??

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Going by the showing off and big heads the Bears players showed yesterday, I'll be looking forward to R18 at the G even more now.

Can't wait for it. Hopefully we get a big crowd of Tigers supporters there and we can give it to those flogs over the fence.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Can't wait for it. Hopefully we get a big crowd of Tigers supporters there and we can give it to those flogs over the fence.
Business end of the season which is our time to dominate. Must be packed out and LOUD!!

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Lynch and Riewoldt did alright. It's the ball coming out again that's the problem. We're less able to set up the wall. Is that the rules, or personnel? Probably both.

Agreed but the ball in was poor too for much of the night (bar the 1st quarter).

Lynch was pretty good actually, hit packs hard (assisted at least 1 this way) and had 6 shots at goal on Andrews who is dubbed the greatest defender in the game by some of the media. He missed at least 2 sodas, kick that and end with 5 and we'd all have had him ion our bests.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Embarrassingly Did something I’ve never done before last night , was nothing to do with the Tiges performance , however early in the second quarter I turned the footy off , just couldn’t be bothered watching the rub of the green frees go against us again, yep spooky la la from me and definitely would not leave a game for it, just couldn’t be *smile* watching that *smile* again, again I have no issue with the actual umps, no doubt some are better then others but it’s just the grey soft rules . My son came out to the lounge and said what’s the footy score , I said I don’t know haven’t got it on , he said no wonder it’s quiet lol , smart arse.I must say in the firs5 qtr I didn’t have the volume on as I never do with BT commentating, I find that helps the blood pressure . I’ve sat through 100s of games while we are getting pumped and maybe it’s just that ive been blessed by this amazing team to fulfi my life dreams that it dosent now mean as much, however even though we were winning I simply just couldn’t be bothered watching another injustice to a great team.

In saying that I hope there wasn’t any other weak as *smile* Tigers out there :))

To lose by 5goals is still an ordinary performance in my eyes , they had plenty out too, *smile* happens

Go Tiges
Ditto. It appears a bit of a theme. One can only take so much. I'm glad I wasn't at the ground, would have been difficult not to get in some sort of blue with the way there supporters carry on. It really was the most frustrating game I can recall watching.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I will not miss that one. Can only hope the hack Mathieson gets a game.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
RCD the good news story.

had more effective ball than the other 3 kids put together.

Him, Dow and Mansell are the kids of the future

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
anyone mentioned Harris Andrews Booing and f-wit moves on the mark ?
Glad Tom kicked the goal

Reactions: 7 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yeah. Wasn't exactly standing was it.

To be fair, we do things like that, but we do usually do it with 2 legs on the ground. I wonder if he had lost balance and fallen forwards, backwards or sideways, would we have been paid a 50? I highly doubt it

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
To be fair, we do things like that, but we do usually do it with 2 legs on the ground. I wonder if he had lost balance and fallen forwards, backwards or sideways, would we have been paid a 50? I highly doubt it
Saw Grimes do it a bit, but Andrews took it to new highs or should I say lows? Would have been nice to see him over balance and have a 50 paid.