GAME DAY Tiges v Lions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges v Lions

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Lippy bastards....Im praying for a rematch in a final at the G

Have these flogs EVER been raped by umpires....in their entire history ?
Let's knock them ver in the home and away game at the G first or there won't be any September rematch. At the moment we are looking at three AWAY finals ( at the G perhaps!)

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Chris Fagat was quick to point out that they have injuries too and went on to say that he saw it as a contest as to who has the better depth.

Well Chris you simpleton, it makes a big difference when one team looses all there numbers from right in the guts, which means it doesn't matter who you have on the park in defence or in attack. What's more, our first 3 replacement choices in Stack, Dow and Caddy were all coming back from injury and trying to get match practice up.

I guess for a guy who needs the little blue pill to get excited, he might as well get a bulge on while he can.

Test of depth in the reserves today was a bit interesting too!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Chris Fagat was quick to point out that they have injuries too and went on to say that he saw it as a contest as to who has the better depth.

Well Chris you simpleton, it makes a big difference when one team looses all there numbers from right in the guts, which means it doesn't matter who you have on the park in defence or in attack. What's more, our first 3 replacement choices in Stack, Dow and Caddy were all coming back from injury and trying to get match practice up.

I guess for a guy who needs the little blue pill to get excited, he might as well get a bulge on while he can.

Test of depth in the reserves today was a bit interesting too!!
That’s what a lot don’t understand, it isn’t that we’ve got 5 injuries, it’s that they’re all to important players from the midfield. They also fail to recognise that Vlastuin is returning from a knee that kept him out for 6 weeks. Plus the guts out are all multiple Premiership players. Bolton is the least experienced and potentially the best of them.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
That’s what a lot don’t understand, it isn’t that we’ve got 5 injuries, it’s that they’re all to important players from the midfield. They also fail to recognise that Vlastuin is returning from a knee that kept him out for 6 weeks. Plus the guts out are all multiple Premiership players. Bolton is the least experienced and potentially the best of them.

They were also claiming on the game last night that over the last 2 years we've had the 3rd best run with injuries in terms of games missed, but I doubt that has been weighted to reflect WHO is missing. Ie. if a player in his 1st season is out for the season compared to Dusty for example for 5 games, then they will say that the 1st club is harder down by. Using the amount of games missed (in terms of number that player has played) and use cumulative games missed it more fairly weights it which I would hazard a guess that we have been a lot worse than 3rd in the AFL for games missed over that time period.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Bailey belted Pickett head high 10 seconds prior to Pickett cleaning up starcevich. If the ump had paid that free then there would be no 1 week.
Lions were totally into him for most of the game.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Cannot believe Fagan just compared their outs with ours and that it was even at team selection. This guy is clueless. Triple premiership midfield almost completely missing against who? Ill give them Neal and thats it
He's still looking at 2020 stats and wondering what happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Bailey belted Pickett head high 10 seconds prior to Pickett cleaning up starcevich. If the ump had paid that free then there would be no 1 week.
Lions were totally into him for most of the game.

Yeah understand that but neither were reportable.

Why was Mathiesen not cited for a headbutt?

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
my take on Brisbane last night is they fight like 2-bit tough guys and school girls - arms flailing and mouthy . .
dumb as planks way above their stations ..
they went up a rung on my most hated ladder
wonder if Montagna the half-wit will call them "unsociable"

bozo

Tiger Rookie
Dec 11, 2007
North Carlton
Made the mistake of sitting in a nufty lions bay all by myself last night. Kept pretty quiet all game but couldn’t take it any more in the last. Dip s/;t lions trolls going on about free kick Richmond and how we get looked after by the umps. Had to turn around and correct her. She told me I was an idiot, to which I replied, “don’t believe what the media feeds you”. She then told me again I was stupid. Funny enough saw her checking the stats on her phone after that......... not a word came from her flappy gums after that!

I feel like I had a tiny victory against the uneducated, but I somehow doubt it!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Marlion wasnt as bad as you think EZ. Watch the replay. Had him as one of our better players

I basically didnt watch the 2nd half harry.

yeah im probably being harsh. I had a birds eye view of a 10 minute spell in our D50 in the 2nd quarter, where Marlion *smile* up about three plays quite badly.

real lack of composure and awareness.

I still love him.

he just had a bad period right under my nose when I was still watching.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Made the mistake of sitting in a nufty lions bay all by myself last night. Kept pretty quiet all game but couldn’t take it any more in the last. Dip s/;t lions trolls going on about free kick Richmond and how we get looked after by the umps. Had to turn around and correct her. She told me I was an idiot, to which I replied, “don’t believe what the media feeds you”. She then told me again I was stupid. Funny enough saw her checking the stats on her phone after that......... not a word came from her flappy gums after that!

I feel like I had a tiny victory against the uneducated, but I somehow doubt it!

I tried reasoning with 'em too bozo.

in the end I just went with

I hate this entire state and everyone in it.

you *smile* gave us Scott Morrison, and now your dishing up Rhys Matheson.

you can all go and get *smile*. the whole lot of you.

see you in September

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

bozo

Tiger Rookie
Dec 11, 2007
North Carlton
I tried reasoning with 'em too bozo.

in the end I just went with

I hate this entire state and everyone in it.

you *smile* gave us Scott Morrison, and now your dishing up Rhys Matheson.

you can all go and get *smile*. the whole lot of you.

see you in September

Love your restraint!

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Pickett really the same as Nankervis last week, except Pickett made some contact to the chin. Not contesting last week's fine opened the door to this week's *smile*.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Richmond will take a lot from last week's victory against the odds.
Brisbane will be pumped and reckon they will do us over again.
But I'm tipping the Mighty Tigers by less than ten points.
Bakes to be BOG and snag a couple of goals.

Got that prediction wrong.
I remain, however, very optimistic about how the season will unfold