GAME DAY Tiges v Lions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges v Lions

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
View attachment 12257
Pinched from twitter. "Play on"
Obviously whatsisname had his eyes closed n thought he was marking the ball. Maggots gave him the benefit of the doubt n called it play on. Maggots could easily have interpreted that as Shorty laying an illegal tackle on a player without the ball, we should consider ourselves lucky.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
my take on Brisbane last night is they fight like 2-bit tough guys and school girls - arms flailing and mouthy . .
dumb as planks way above their stations ..
they went up a rung on my most hated ladder
wonder if Montagna the half-wit will call them "unsociable"
One only has to look at Starcevich dropping down dead when Pickett's bicep made contact to his head. When someone swings their arm, the bicep is travelling a lot slower than the forearm that Pickett wore only a frw seconds earlier.

Pickett by contrast didn't flinch and kept going, oh but not Starcevich.

It's like Jesse Hogan who cops a little palm across his belly and flops around like a fish out of water for the next 5 minutes.

Later in the game, a goal umpire has his shoulder dislocated, and continies about his duty with his arm hanging limply by his side, basically standing He-man Hoganon the podium of the softc&ck hall of fame.

Reactions: 5 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I'm going to take my last post a step further!

The whole Critical Race Theory thing makes my blood boil and is one of the most dangerous things being promoted by our left wing media,

HOWEVER what better way to shoot one across the bow of the ever so WOKE AFL.

Black man get's coat hangered, no report and not even a free kick!
Black man coat hanger's white man ,and the Klu-Klux Clan come out in full white dress!

I can only guess the AFL hirearchy are sleeping without sheets this week!

We should be sending a link of the Pickett footage of those two incidents, to every media outlet out there, particularly the ABC who masturbate over this stuff.

White hits black = ok
Black hits white = not ok

Apparently Black Lives Don't Matter to the AFL

By extension, we should then start asking the question as to whether this incident is highlighting a clear umpiring bias agaisnt the most indigenous team in the AFL. Not only do we have the most indigenous players on our list, but we also have an indigenous education centre at ourt club.

Of couse i don't thing it has anything to do with Pickett's colour, but moreso the jumper he's wearing, but our woke media should be all over this! Maybe they just need a little push from 10's of thousands of Richmond supporters to realise the clear racial bias that it is!!! :p

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
If the umpire would do his job, Pickett would've got this free by baileys high contact to his neck only a few seconds before Pickett gets Starcevich high,
Also, the secondary action by Pickett would never have happened. Mind you the secondary action is soft, so embarrassing for Starcevich went down like a bag of spuds and stayed there LOL

Screenshot_1.png

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Brisbane have come at us physically the last few times for sure.

they get away with it on The Gabba, cause the umps give them carte blanche.

we respond, we get nailed with frees, 50's and reports. Fagan is acutely aware of this

The G will be a totally different proposition.

the hitch here is, its highly likely we have to get to the GF via the Gabba.

Wish we still had Towner

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
View attachment 12257
Pinched from twitter. "Play on"
Send it to the Hun.
I'm going to take my last post a step further!

The whole Critical Race Theory thing makes my blood boil and is one of the most dangerous things being promoted by our left wing media,

HOWEVER what better way to shoot one across the bow of the ever so WOKE AFL.

Black man get's coat hangered, no report and not even a free kick!
Black man coat hanger's white man ,and the Klu-Klux Clan come out in full white dress!

I can only guess the AFL hirearchy are sleeping without sheets this week!

We should be sending a link of the Pickett footage of those two incidents, to every media outlet out there, particularly the ABC who masturbate over this stuff.

White hits black = ok
Black hits white = not ok

Apparently Black Lives Don't Matter to the AFL

By extension, we should then start asking the question as to whether this incident is highlighting a clear umpiring bias agaisnt the most indigenous team in the AFL. Not only do we have the most indigenous players on our list, but we also have an indigenous education centre at ourt club.

Of couse i don't thing it has anything to do with Pickett's colour, but moreso the jumper he's wearing, but our woke media should be all over this! Maybe they just need a little push from 10's of thousands of Richmond supporters to realise the clear racial bias that it is!!! :p
Good point frick. I wouldn't be surprised if these honkies are racist. How about getting an indigenous rep into their team?

Feb 25, 2007
Brisbane have come at us physically the last few times for sure.

they get away with it on The Gabba, cause the umps give them carte blanche.

we respond, we get nailed with frees, 50's and reports. Fagan is acutely aware of this

The G will be a totally different proposition.

the hitch here is, its highly likely we have to get to the GF via the Gabba.

Wish we still had Towner

Long way to go, i still reckon we can make the top 4. As long as dees and dogs stay top 2 and we make top 4, we stay at the G
Our next 12 games, 9 of those games we play teams outside the 8 AND the 3 from inside the 8, cats and lions will be at the G and eagles in perth.
8 of our last 12 games will be at the G

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Obviously whatsisname had his eyes closed n thought he was marking the ball. Maggots gave him the benefit of the doubt n called it play on. Maggots could easily have interpreted that as Shorty laying an illegal tackle on a player without the ball, we should consider ourselves lucky.

Short - arms around. Free kick Mathiesen.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I went to the VFL game on Saturday. Notwithstanding the result, gee I enjoyed it as a spectacle of footy.

Shat all over AFL at the moment. Why is it a better game to watch? IMO part of it is due to how the game is umpired. They just let the game flow, no technical free kicks here and there. Made it nicer to the eye.

From what I saw:

- Caddy is a class above this level but too slow for AFL. He's smart with his body up forward and got used as an inside mid when in the middle. Given our issues with midfield staff, I'd be playing him ASAP.

- CCJ was a class above. No excuse, you need to reward him with games.

- Mabs was Mabs. I love this bloke. Always have. Give Nank a rest and reward him for last couple of games and see how he goes.

- The Phantom- proved to me he is Ben Miller. Did well in the contest but best of all is ball use was sublime. I'd be dropping DLTD and promoting this bloke. Again, reward the form.

- MRJ - gave me an erection every time he got near it. We know he tackles well. Some of his in close ball use is what stood out for me. He sets blokes up. Clearly too good for VFL and need to get him in.

- Stack - I don't see what we are waiting for. Looks fit enough to me. Has too much class for VFL. Being wasted. Just play him.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I went to the VFL game on Saturday. Notwithstanding the result, gee I enjoyed it as a spectacle of footy.

Shat all over AFL at the moment. Why is it a better game to watch? IMO part of it is due to how the game is umpired. They just let the game flow, no technical free kicks here and there. Made it nicer to the eye.

From what I saw:

- Caddy is a class above this level but too slow for AFL. He's smart with his body up forward and got used as an inside mid when in the middle. Given our issues with midfield staff, I'd be playing him ASAP.

- Mabs was Mabs. I love this bloke. Always have. Give Nank a rest and reward him for last couple of games and see how he goes.

- The Phantom- proved to me he is Ben Miller. Did well in the contest but best of all is ball use was sublime. I'd be dropping DLTD and promoting this bloke. Again, reward the form.

- MRJ - gave me an erection every time he got near it. We know he tackles well. Some of his in close ball use is what stood out for me. He sets blokes up. Clearly too good for VFL and need to get him in.

- Stack - I don't see what we are waiting for. Looks fit enough to me. Has too much class for VFL. Being wasted. Just play him.
Going to be hard to add 6 and Cotchin Prestia Edwards Bolton!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The media narrative surrounding that loose unit that virtually headbutted Baker has been a disgusting typical double standard.
Imagine if Tom Lynch had acted liked that flea? Would have been in the papers for a month.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

From what I saw:

I went too and agree with the individual assessments (and the umps), except 6 changes might be a bit radical.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Shiit the lion Barometer must've broken down
He now has to be the barometer for Brisbane reserves

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The Barometer couldn't handle the pressure.

Geddit??? Barometer... Pressure....

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What a dud.
Calls himself the barometer 14 days later his running around in the 2's.

Maybe a nickname like "Selleys" - no more gaps
until someone better has recovered from injury then he's out again.