GAME DAY Tiges V Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges V Port

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Kamdyn great tonight. Great in the wet, runs to support and pressure and roosts it long.

Reactions: 12 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Good to see our 3rd Q demolition job is back. I’ve been missing the 3Q run an destroy.
2weeks we’ve done that now.

Reactions: 6 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
We won flags with a rock solid defence.

Irrespective of the injuries that are coming now, I don't see it this year.

We could go a long way if our back 6 knits in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Prestia’s last 3 handballs have all hit the ground.
His HB is frequently terrible. If you watch closely, he often doesn't even hit the ball properly with a fist.

This is what is driving me nuts about Dimma and his coaching team. Does anyone actually try to instill and drill skills through all the training sessions. match simulation. The idea is to improve gradually, continually, not stay crap like the skills of many of our players e.g. George.

## Just realised, I've inadvertently invented a little Leon mantra - "Instill and drill skills" - not bad. I'm copyrighting that.

Feb 25, 2007
What can I say what a bloody win. Pressure full on and our forward handball game on full display.
Just got to polish up our disposal and not leave too many goals on the table. Other than that I'm cockahoot

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
A shout out to Nankervis, 29 disposals, 42 hit outs, 4 marks, 3 tackles and 8 clearances.

• Wow
Reactions: 15 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
How bad was the commentary tonight. Huddo was flat as a tack every time we kicked a goal. Truly horrible.

Reactions: 12 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Yeah, I knew the rule but it is just a ridiculous rule - probably introduced by shocking. What else is a defender supposed to do?

Well to be honest, he could have grabbed it out of the air instead of punching it, then handballed it over the line when he was that 1 metre closer that he needed to be.

But it's easy to be critical in hindsight. Don't think he'll make that mistake again.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Maurice is not ready for a full game of AFL, should only be played as the sub.

But then again, I'd prefer to have him on the field than Castagna.
He's still so young and inexperienced. Maybe the issue is that the club is left with no one better after letting Butler go from disinterest and Higgins walking out.
Judson Clark has a future most likely, but MRJ has to develop more forward craft, like what to do if you're left alone running into our FL 80m out. Just kick it goal-wards, MJ. Might trickle through or at least becomes a foot-race. But don't get caught HTB because you look lost and clueless. He needs more to his game than just chase-and-tackle. A SF should never miss a hook-shot these days - practise should make them certain.

Also, is he really fit enough? Looks very heavy across the beam.