GAME DAY Tiges V Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges V Port

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Okay.

This has a juggernaut feel all of a sudden.

Sure, might lose a couple of experienced soldiers for a week, but the kids are providing plenty of zip and the VFL team looks very solid.

I can’t put my finger on it, but our last six quarters have triggered a familiar feeling.

We look like a team that’s just settled into the straight.

No more jostling for position, no more tactical decisions that could misfire.

Just head down and charge. Steely-eyed focus on that next mountain.

We’re on.

Reactions: 6 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
BTW

I *really* like the look of our structure with Miller as backup ruck.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I don’t know what to make of Mojo.
Just a big learning year for the young fella. He's all twitch n ping at the moment, another pre season then he'll start to settle into his game as he gets more matches under the belt. Got a feeling he might always be a bit more of an explosive all or nothing type player than a steady accumulator, but he'll probably never be boring.

Reactions: 3 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
It was a good game, to beat Port over there is always a tough ask these last few years.

Port is an interesting club at the moment. A watch this space. Got some great kids (even higher picks than our boys) but a lot of old players too. Apart from their home game advantage, I'm not sure they will be top 8 material these next few years once Boak and Gray finish up. Although I rate Marshall big time.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

and that's a depleted PA side too without Marshall, Georgiadis and others.
Geez leon, harsh call. Dusty, Lamblett, Grub, Shedda, missing n Flossy taken out half way yet Port were depleted?????

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
So pumped with the boys win last night, some great signs for the rest of 2022 and the future. Heading down to check out the VFL boys today, as I am keen to see guys like Brown, Banks, Clarke, Stacky, Ryan etc live and check their progress. I have never been to the City Oval in Preston, but it might give me flashbacks to my childhood going to Princes Park, Vic Park, Windy Hill, Moorabin, Arden Street and the Junction Oval! Does anyone know if our RFC membership can be used to get in or do we just pay at the gate? I will post a few thoughts tomorrow. Thanks, go Tiges!

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
It was a good game, to beat Port over there is always a tough ask these last few years.

Port is an interesting club at the moment. A watch this space. Got some great kids (even higher picks than our boys) but a lot of old players too. Apart from their home game advantage, I'm not sure they will be top 8 material these next few years once Boak and Gray finish up. Although I rate Marshall big time.
They look like a club that wants the coach to FOff.
Port are a soft club. Have always look fragile

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
So pumped with the boys win last night, some great signs for the rest of 2022 and the future. Heading down to check out the VFL boys today, as I am keen to see guys like Brown, Banks, Clarke, Stacky, Ryan etc live and check their progress. I have never been to the City Oval in Preston, but it might give me flashbacks to my childhood going to Princes Park, Vic Park, Windy Hill, Moorabin, Arden Street and the Junction Oval! Does anyone know if our RFC membership can be used to get in or do we just pay at the gate? I will post a few thoughts tomorrow. Thanks, go Tiges!
That's the best, The 5 in 30.
We at least have 2 of the 5 in the best 22.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Mate not as bad as Mark Ricciuto should be sacked from the boundary special comments and the Adelaide board, the Foxtel commentary was all about Port Adelaide it was like Richmond was not a participant.
all game ....

and you could barely understand them at times ... like closing time at a bar ...

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

They have also ruined INXS for me. I used to like Never Tear Us Apart and now I can't listen to it and when I hear any INXS song I get this image of scarf waving boguns.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Okay.

This has a juggernaut feel all of a sudden.

Sure, might lose a couple of experienced soldiers for a week, but the kids are providing plenty of zip and the VFL team looks very solid.

I can’t put my finger on it, but our last six quarters have triggered a familiar feeling.

We look like a team that’s just settled into the straight.

No more jostling for position, no more tactical decisions that could misfire.

Just head down and charge. Steely-eyed focus on that next mountain.

We’re on.
Whatever happens this year I am way more positive about the longer term future than I was pre season.

Remember when we used to complain that other clubs seemed to unearth players out of nowhere and have great development pathways? That's us now.

We are regenerating and despite some concerns that some have had about our VFL team it is actually doing what it should do which is developing players for AFL careers. Cumberland and Miller are two great examples in the 22 last night, both have had long apprenticeships in the VFL.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
BTW

I *really* like the look of our structure with Miller as backup ruck.

Agree. You and I have both been Soldo advocates, but we look a lot more flexible and lean with this current set up.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
His HB is frequently terrible. If you watch closely, he often doesn't even hit the ball properly with a fist.

This is what is driving me nuts about Dimma and his coaching team. Does anyone actually try to instill and drill skills through all the training sessions. match simulation. The idea is to improve gradually, continually, not stay crap like the skills of many of our players e.g. George.

## Just realised, I've inadvertently invented a little Leon mantra - "Instill and drill skills" - not bad. I'm copyrighting that.
Instill, drill, skill …with the pill.

One of your best Leon Spinks.

• Haha

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Guess we should have put faith in the medical team regarding Nanks. What a game. Some were saying a couple of weeks ago they thought Soldo was the better player atm. Soldo is nowhere near Nanks.
Just go back to the start of this thread - some were saying he wasn’t up to it. I thought it was Nanks best game this season.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
It was a really good win away from home. Huge games from Cotch, Dion, Shai, Danny, Nank and Lynchy.

It was pleasing how Sonsie, MJ and Cumbo all lifted after quiet first halves.

I think Gibcus needs a spell he just doesn't look ready at the moment. He might have to play again next week though with Tigga probably out.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Agree. You and I have both been Soldo advocates, but we look a lot more flexible and lean with this current set up.

I love what Soldo brings when in form but since the knee he's struggled to find touch, sadly.

big pre-season for him in 2022/23 I feel.