GAME DAY Tiges V Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges V Port

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
A few posters have already mentioned it, but wow, the commentary last night was abysmal. Just anti Richmond.
Nearly every free kick we received was questioned, even though they were clear frees, every free Port got was there, any hint of a free Port did not get was questioned.
Then when that a-hole Dixon rams his knee into Vlas’ back, not getting anywhere near the ball, no free kick, Port get a goal out of it, no-one in the commentary questions it, if fact King craps on about “if Charlie can’t get to the ball he’s going run through you”, like everything is ok what he did. No mention of a free, or this could be cited all good, Vlas has broken ribs nothing to see here. If that was Lynch who did this, they would have replayed it 20 times and had him up for suspension.
Of course the commentators couldn’t help themselves with Cotchy’s tackle, replayed it so many times, just hang him why don’t you. And Kamdyn’s late spoil.
And the last one was Huddo, having a whinge about Picket wanting the two security guys to move so he could have more room for his shot at goal. He said something like “geez how much room do you need another half a metre?”
So over the one sided commentating, I know they hate us, but surely they could at least be professional about their job?
Great post, spot on. I just accept it these days, but it is effed. It was particularly bad last night. A few times when we got a free, that was there, and they'd go on about 'I guess it was there but they hardly ever pay it' or some such BS. I was thinking 'they pay it all the time you idiots, and they don't pay it all the time, because the umpiring is a total dogs breakfast, but somehow we get the armchair ride, just crap. And yes they loved Dixon taking out Vlasuin, loved it. Only time they got excited, maybe Rozees mark as well.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Great post, spot on. I just accept it these days, but it is effed. It was particularly bad last night. A few times when we got a free, that was there, and they'd go on about 'I guess it was there but they hardly ever pay it' or some such BS. I was thinking 'they pay it all the time you idiots, and they don't pay it all the time, because the umpiring is a total dogs breakfast, but somehow we get the armchair ride, just crap. And yes they loved Dixon taking out Vlasuin, loved it. Only time they got excited, maybe Rozees mark as well.
They also kept saying that Rozee was as good as Shai. Not even close.

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
Spot on. The hate is very real. King was the only one with any sort of balance., at one stage he said 'you do realise that a 7 goal quarter against a good side is a big statement?'
He also said he doesn't think Daniel Rioli makes the AA team, so *smile* him too!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
A random observation from last night... 13 of our 22 did not play in the 2017 GF. Although that turnover is to be expected, it just struck me how different a team we are today. It's encouraging that we are still in the hunt despite the new faces and a difficult year. If not for some coin toss losses - we would we could just as easily be entrenched near the top of the ladder with this group.

Reactions: 9 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Umpiring in the 3rd Q had some questionable decisions against us.
How Dixon wasn’t penalised in the forward pocket for hold the ball is beyond me. Even Dixon looked to umpire with the sad face on.
20 seconds before that, same spot, clear throw not paid.
Umpires were trying to stop our on slaughter

Reactions: 3 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
People questioning our defence. No coincidence once the mids lifted their chase and tackle pressure the defence looked much more settled and solid. Makes a huge difference when there is pressure applied higher up the ground.
Also defence is very inexperienced with the likes of Grimes and Flossy missing for big part of game.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Anyone else always have a laugh at those post-game photos the boys put on twitter sitting down with one's hand on another's lap? :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I love what Soldo brings when in form but since the knee he's struggled to find touch, sadly.

big pre-season for him in 2022/23 I feel.

I said earlier in the year that big guys take an extra 12 months to come good after a knee injury. Soldo's 2022 was always going to be less than what his highest level is. So yes big offseason and lets see what 2023 brings for him

Reactions: 1 users

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
People questioning our defence. No coincidence once the mids lifted their chase and tackle pressure the defence looked much more settled and solid. Makes a huge difference when there is pressure applied higher up the ground.
Also defence is very inexperienced with the likes of Grimes and Flossy missing for big part of game.

Dimma said in his presser that we had 4x1st year players in the side. It’s more like 3 but I get why he included Cumberland given this is his first season he’s played seniors. Irrespective that’s a lot of of inexperienced players and they’re all showing something.

MRJs chase on Duursma and the bit of curry he game him after was pretty mint

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
And the retirements of Astbury & Houli.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
MRJs chase on Duursma and the bit of curry he game him after was pretty mint

The only thing that could have made it better, would have been if MRJ had kicked the goal and then fired the arrow straight back at him. Would have been glorious.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
So there’s one gasp of heat in the game halfway through Q4. Maybe just a sniff of a Port comeback.

Rioli to MRJ

MRJ to Cumbo

Cumbo lace out to Bolton

Bang.

With Ryan and Stack bossing at VFL level today.

Future is bright folks.

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
having a look at the 2nd half replay - our 3rd Q is super football ..

the commentators are atrocious

it's a crime against commentary

from them praising Dixons 'play' on Vlastuin, to King saying "not in the team" for Dan Rioli AA.. etc etc

the mumbling goons made it near impossible to watch us quietly destroy Port

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
So there’s one gasp of heat in the game halfway through Q4. Maybe just a sniff of a Port comeback.

Rioli to MRJ

MRJ to Cumbo

Cumbo lace out to Bolton

Bang.

With Ryan and Stack bossing at VFL level today.

Future is bright folks.
Yep. The goal that sprayed that annoying Richmondy fly dead.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Good to see the Tigers just take care of business last night and win like they should have. It was a danger game and it’s generally always close between us and Port in Adelaide. But we did it on the bit after half time.

Well done Tigers two to go.

Reactions: 2 users