Game Day - Tiges V Power | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tiges V Power

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Dow, Ross, Banks

At least we know
Ross!? Thought he was one of our best. Sure he's not quick but he's a footballer. Ross had 26Ds (11Ks/15HBs), 6Ms @77%DE, 9 x CPs, I goal.

Sure, a lack of tackles, but there were many far worse than JR overall.

Reactions: 6 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The idea of Thatcher towelling up Lynch is preposterous. What the hell is going on?
I think the signs from Tom in his 2 games back are quite disturbing. Looks a shadow of his former self thus far - a lot slower, not spring or leap at the ball, cymball hands that the ball just bounces off, no grip of the ball or sure handling. Can't kick, panicky, fumbly. Given a hiding by ZT. WTF?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
You don't understand it was a compromised draft with only being able to go on under 16 form as Andrews shut down footy for 2 years.

Everyone's gone past them.
Right. Or maybe there was a thing called Covid that killed millions of people around the world. Your petty political bias doesn't belong here; just maybe you and I are alive because of what DA did, but easy to forget isn't it, for a cheap shot.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So you attack me for MY opinion which I'm absolutely entitled to, and I'm sticking with despite your insipid labelling as 'pathetic', whilst you largely misconstrue my view as a rubbishing of Seth - which it's clearly not. But you go about this by actually denigrating another of our players who I never mentioned in this particular post, although I have referred to him positively elsewhere. It was your pathetic choice to do this: I made no negative reference to either player. I simply stated that (and I mean all AFL players really) our young players have to show and develop the professionalism to kick well at the elite level. I apply the same expectations to all of our players; kicking is crucial. Why do you think it's known as foot - ball!?

Shai's wasteful inaccuracy drives many of us beside ourselves, again some wasted opportunities today along with a brilliant goal. Balta was also wasteful; trained to play forward so learn where the goals are. Really wonder about our training and prep when he's kicking hooks from almost directly in front? But his snaps were quite gettable wastes. Mansell's stupid, wasteful error cost us the W against Cartoon in final score last match.

As for Cumberland maligned by you. I'm not on the inside at the club so I don't know exactly why he has been kept out of the AFL side. I don't subscribe to hearsay either, but I have admired many of his performances, at both levels. He may actually be not getting a fair go on particular grounds that I'm not aware of; maybe others have simply been preferred ... for various reasons, maybe not entirely performance based. After all, Cumbers did kick 19 goals in 9 AFL games in 2022. See some more of his stats below. He is also a young player, e.g. 9 mths younger than Mansell, lost 2020 to an ACL. Mansell has close to twice as many games although Cumbers was made sub for several of his (probably RM too) but he averages 1.5 goals p/g to RM's 0.4 with the rest of their stats fairly close. As for MRJ, I'd say Cumbers stats are overall better even though Maurice has 29 games to his 18. MRJ's goal av. is 0.7. Also, despite 6.4 more games, Shai's goals p/g av. is also less than Cumberland's at 1.2.

Gees, imagine how well he'd go if he stopped 'dropping his head' continually.

But no doubt you know it all better than myself or others, and it's all because Cumbers has been 'dropping his head' forever, because you have watched all his games. Sure. As for Seth, perhaps I'll just repeat my comment: "I'm a fan and reckon he shows great signs, but if you want to play forward, it's your professional job to get more right than wrong." Some shots today were close range and not undue pressure.

But I apply that to every AFL player, especially the dedicated forwards, but I'm happy for opposing teams to kick like donkeys. I just want my players at RFC to be true professionals. That's what makes champion teams.

1st among rising stars in Goals Per Game in 2022 ● 2nd among rising stars in Score Involvements Per Game in 2022
● 4th among rising stars in Goal Assists Per Game in 2022 ● 3rd among rising stars in Total Goals in 2022
● 5th among rising stars in Total Goal Assists in 2022

I brought up Cumberland, because you seem to push for his recall (and there is some merit I'll come to that I wasn't denigrating him), but you claim above that "they prove they can play at the highest level", regardless of games, which Seth has done by the way but maybe he's not at the top of his game yet, still makes mistakes caused by inexperience but you complain about that.

I was merely commenting that you seem to have a different view with Cumberland, who has at times shown his ability to play at the highest level but at the same time has shown his deficiencies as to why he doesn't get the best out of himself at the highest level and continues to make mistakes, and thats largely not skill related its because he drops his head when things don't go right. Thats not something I saw with Seth, so I guess I'm wondering why Seth gets grilled but you seem to have a Cumberland on a pedestal? It seems a bit hypocritical to me, to hold 1 with a set of standards that you don't the other.

IMO both have shown the ability to perform at the highest level in their short number of games they have played AFL, Seth will get better with more experience, Cumbo needs to learn that he will make mistakes and thats ok so not to dwell on them.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
We seem to have an issue with defensive structures around the contest, where the opposition can clear with ease. It happened against Carlton in the first quarter last week, and the same against Port. They seem to be able to adjust after a quarter or so, but it takes a while. However Port then got on top and cleared at will.

I am not sure if its a case of not switched on, so many changes week-to-week, so many kids, or learning a new game plan. But its an area that needs to improve.

Reactions: 2 users

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West
Karen Cornes would be in the gimp suit, hand lotion smothered all over, used tissues piling up on the coffee table
Hope he reflects on the effort Port put in for Boak’s 350th against us vs the effort they put in for Kano’s 300th and final game against us….

• Haha

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Hope he reflects on the effort Port put in for Boak’s 350th against us vs the effort they put in for Kano’s 300th and final game against us….
Even his teammates disliked the little self entitled wrinkled gnome. Boak is universally respected and admired

Reactions: 1 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Disconnection was the clear theme for the RFC yesterday. All over the ground. Numerous weekly changes to lineups certainly does not help but Ooze needs to find the right mix/chemistry quickly.

Port were sleek and smooth with their ball movement. Kicking game far superior.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
At one point we had Lefau (first game), Campbell (3rd game), Clarke (17 games) and Mansell (I’m surprised to see that he’s played 34 games, thought it was about 15) setting up in our forward line after a goal.

At one point we had Trezise (2 games), Brown (2 games) and Miller (26 games) setting up in our backline after a goal. You can probably add Dylan Grimes to that equation, who is well past his best.

We were undermanned yesterday. Plain and simple.

Reactions: 14 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Must be last season as WOW OVER 17 PER GAME BY BZT
Clearly was if you see the date of the tweet… the point is Lynch had an average opponent and couldn’t manage one mark. Yes he’s been out a long time but that was a seriously disappointing effort. 2 goals from our key forwards compared to 9 from Ports. Difference in the game

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
For those heated arguments (or agreeable back-slapping) across threads here is my analysis of personnel at center bounces. It may be slightly off particularly with wingmen but it gives you the drift.

RuckNanks 28, Balta 5
MidTaranto 28, Dow 23, Bolton 19, Ross 17, Baker 9, Dusty 3
WingKmac 26, Pickett 18, Banks 13, Brown 8, Clarke 1

RuckMid 1Mid 2Mid 3WingWing
Q1 20:00NanksTarantoBakerDowKmacBanks
19:00NanksTarantoBakerDowKmacBanks
17:00NanksTarantoBoltonDustyKmacBanks
7:08NanksTarantoRossDowKmacBanks
1:55NanksTarantoBoltonDowKmacBanks
1:25NanksTarantoBoltonDowKmacBanks
Q2 20:00NanksTarantoBoltonRossKmacBanks
13:12BaltaTarantoRossDowKmacBanks
12:49BaltaTarantoBoltonDowKmacBanks
5:29NanksTarantoBoltonRossBrownPickett
3:56NanksTarantoBoltonRossBrownPickett
1:49NanksTarantoRossDowBrownPickett
0:02NanksTarantoBoltonDowBrownPickett
Q3 20:00NanksTarantoBakerDowKmacPickett
18:25NanksTarantoBakerDowKmacPickett
17:10NanksTarantoBoltonBakerKmacPickett
15:32NanksTarantoBoltonRossKmacBanks
14:19NanksTarantoDustyRossKmacBanks
10:52BaltaTarantoRossDowKmacBanks
10:18BaltaBoltonRossDowKmacBanks
8:08NanksTarantoRossDustyKmacBrown
3:42NanksTarantoRossDowBrownPickett
2:11NanksTarantoBoltonDowBrownPickett
0:07NanksBoltonRossDowBrownPickett
Q4 20:00NanksTarantoBoltonDowKmacPickett
18:40NanksTarantoBoltonDowKmacPickett
18:33NanksTarantoBoltonDowKmacPickett
17:41BaltaBoltonBakerDowKmacPickett
14:44NanksTarantoBakerRossKmacPickett
13:28NanksTarantoBoltonRossKmacPickett
6:15NanksTarantoBakerDowKmacPickett
4:33NanksRossBakerDowKmacClarke
3:50NanksRossBoltonDowKmacPickett

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
We look like 2010 Hardwick.
We don’t have the cattle. The coach is still green.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
And then go missing for large parts of the game thereafter? Again? Just because he makes an occasional impact now, that's good enough? Finished w 9 Ds - 6Ks + 3HBs.
Is that really enough impact from any wingman, who must be running all over the park?

Pickett no better - 11Ds (5/6) + 1G but he costs us at least as much or more in awful errors or FA that result in turnovers and goals. I'd say he's a net loss even from that lowly number of Ds. (Like that ridiculous marking effort where he failed to touch the pill; could probably have marked it staying still!)
And that’s why banks is being ‘gifted’ games.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
He's played 3 games
Would you believe ... I know, and can count? Try responding without another plaintive excuse and whinge. It's RFC AFL; not Auskick U10s.

So you think he has nothing to learn/improve on? I've already said how I really like him and he shows much promise.

We're in the poo. We need to find ways to improve to get out of it. Seth is a small issue; stop beating yourself up over a mild suggestion of how he van do better. My comments by inference are directed as much at the club and coaches if you can think beyond the blatantly obvious.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I don't know if it is fitness, mindset or not going along with the plan but not playing at a consistent level for four quarters is not acceptable. I don't expect flatout play all the time but the now regular sudden drop off of intensity at times worries me and it seems the guys minds are not in the game. Added to that, we make so many errors resulting in easy uncontested possessions due to basic football errors in disposal.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Brown is a panic merchant

Disagree with this, I think Brown has split second vision. I have seen glimpses of it in the VFL incredible seemingly blind handballs out of nowhere and we're away. I did see two handballs on the weekend where he did handball it in mid air or virtually as soon as he had the ball, (maybe Zig's version of panic merchant?), the handball was on target to his team mate but the Port Adelaide players were on to it and closed it down so it looked bad but in theory ok IMO as Brown himself was about to be immediately claimed by Port players.
Was the lightening quick snap kick he did rather than going back on the mark, (that found a target and goal), panic merchant got lucky or vision?
I also saw a Pendlebury type slow motion move in amongst three Port defenders culminating in a spearing centering pass dissecting a couple of Port players and hitting one our boys on the chest.

I am not saying it was a standout game by him but I think he is a natural footballer with a good football brain and we saw some of these things on the weekend.

Have to keep playing him for mine.

Reactions: 13 users