GAME DAY - TIGES V SWANS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - TIGES V SWANS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Qtr 3
19.40 - 50 against Caddy. What a farce. Reid comes in and goads him and Caddy pushes him in the chest. Umpire actually watches Reid goad him and sees the response. Its to Reid's upper chest but the mincey umpire can't help but exert his power. Well done peanut.
14.05 - 50/50 high fend by McCartin on Aarts not penalised.
12.45 - 50/50 in the back tackle on Broad not penalised
12.20 - Nank marks ball, punched out late by Reid. Play on. Shocker by umpire costs goal.
11.50 - Another crap centre bounce favours Reid, Nank gets there late and is penalised.
5.30 - Caddy tried to milk a free in forward pocket by lowering his head. Ump correctly doesn't pay it although its one we seem to get paid against us often ala Duckwood/Papley.
4.06 - Lynch tackles McCartin in pocket, tries to walk through tackle and throws it away, not penalised
3.40 - Lynch tackles Lloyd in pocket who had just taken possession and was raising his arms to free them so he could dispose of it. As lynch tackles him the ball is thrown out of his hands. It should be a free to Lynch for incorrect disposal as he is freeing his hands to avoid the tackle. Lynch continues with the tackle and is penalised for holding the man.
1.00 - Balta clearly held on goal line when contesting a long shot. Syd player has fist full of jumper in clear view of ump. No free. Balta gives him a serve showing what was happening.
0.05 - free to Parker for Cotchin holding. Ball is at Parkers feet and he has a hand on it. Not really there, not even a 50/50 but paid to Parker.

Not as bad as Qtr 1 IMO but the non-paid mark was costly.

Obs - reckon I've never seen Shai play so bad, tipping he has a blinder against Port.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Qtr 4
19.40 - centre bounce outside circle, Nank cannot get there to contest no re-bounce. Maybe the ump got sick of re-bouncing?
15.25 - the Rampe clash is clearly Kmac fault, Rampe gets to the ball first and turns side on as he collects ball to protect himself. As others point out a classy effort to immediately identify the injury. Those saying he should have been cited and gone to tribunal as a rule are way off. Watch a replay, Rampe actually is taking possession when Kmac charges in head first. Can half see how the ump pays a free as Rampe is knocked off his feet in the contest.
14.50 - a contest on the wing between Jack/Rampe. Jack is playing the ball in the air, Rampe the man. Ball goes over their head and it swaps, Jack playing the man and Rampe trying to use his ground advantage and going the ball. No guesses who the free is paid against.
14.20 - ball in dispute on wing Kennedy gathers and fends a tackle, ball pops out, no handball but you guess it no free.
12.05 - Mills tackled by Dusty, not exactly sure why he gets free, think it is high against dusty.
11.35 - marking contest on wing, No.6 for Syd gets into Nank back making unrealistic marking attempt (2 hands in back and nowhere near ball) no free.
10.50 - ball in middle, Lambert gets a hand over his shoulder when competing for ball. Not really a free but one regularly paid against the likes of dusty. No free.
7.40 - we get away with one Edwards tackled in middle and doesn't dispose correctly, play on!! Miracle.
5.00 - Parker drops mark but it is paid. Not sure if it is a free for arm chop when Broad clearly hits ball?
2.20 - Baker runs No.6 under ball. Probably a free, not always paid for us but paid to them. As an aside I just realise that is Logan McDonald. Didn't see anything that would suggest he's the second coming of Carey as has been indicated on these boards.
0.55 - free against Rioli for high tackle. A 50/50 not always paid but in this case it was.

In summary we got away with 2 frees that should have went Sydney's way, missed at least 15 clear frees to us. There were another 15-20 50/50's that seemed to all go Sydney's way.

On the players, Lynch had a tremendous game, anyone critical of him is off their rocker. He should have kicked 5 or 6. Almost a standout best for us. George next best. Baker tried hard but gave away 3 goals so couldn't be best. Broad did nothing wrong nor did Grimes. Battling for any other good players.

Caddy was very poor, his decision making was poor as was his disposal. Egg not as bad as I thought, although he did very little. If Pickett could dispose of the ball he'd be a star. Short will unlikely have such a poor kicking game again.

The mid group of Nank/Dusty/Cotch/Lambert/Edwards/Shai were smashed. That is very unlikely to happen again. Syd are OK but unlikely to make the 8 IMO (Papley is a star). Those writing the tigers off on that performance are fools, there are plenty of those in the media though.

Reactions: 4 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Thanks for putting that effort in MD. It felt at the ground the way you wrote it. We couldn’t take a trick and when we did we shot ourselves in the foot.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Thanks for putting that effort in MD. It felt at the ground the way you wrote it. We couldn’t take a trick and when we did we shot ourselves in the foot.
I may have had a slight bias when watching but I was purely trying to look at it from the umps point of view and the decisions they had to make.

It seems we don't get the rub of the 50/50 type decisions hence our poor F & A record in the free kick stats over the last few years.

They didn't cost us the match on Saturday but I also don't think the swans were anything special. Everything went their way. It would not surprise me to see Essendon beat them tomorrow night.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I was talking to a couple of Sydney supporters today and you would think they had won a premiership. Seriously, talk about getting ahead of themselves.
I reminded them that at 3-0 they had won as many games this year as we have won premierships in the last 4 years.
They look like a good young team but they haven’t proven anything yet

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I was talking to a couple of Sydney supporters today and you would think they had won a premiership. Seriously, talk about getting ahead of themselves.
I reminded them that at 3-0 they had won as many games this year as we have won premierships in the last 4 years.
They look like a good young team but they haven’t proven anything yet
All i hear is 3-0 rising star nominations.
My counter is that our rising stars dont get nominated but get premiership medals instead

Reactions: 1 user