GAME DAY - Tiges vs Dees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tiges vs Dees

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I think it’ll be difficult for us to finish top 4.

The problem is Melbourne and Footscray have probably already locked away top 4 berths. WC, Port and Geelong have solid home ground advantages.

We will settle and win enough to finish 5-6 I reckon. Last year’s narrative of playing four finals will give us belief that anything can happen from there.

The threepeat is definitely still on. I'm a believer in that.
But some serious tweaking needs to occur if the Tigers are to regain their mojo.
The Tigers can and will the flag from whatever position they finish in the eight.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
ive got it in perspective in the light of day.

Tigers played disjointed and *smile*. worked our arses of for 15 points,

then Melbourne clicked.

they got gifted 2 goals by the umps, $hai missed 2 sodas at important times
It’s certainly **** annoying the amount of games where we have total control for 10 or 15 minutes yet can’t put a score on the board. A reflection again I reckon of our dysfunctional movement into the forward line.

It was infuriating last night. Tomlinson, Lever, May had a field day just reading one passage after another to Lynch or Jack - just waiting and watching for the kick to go to either - and all of them swarming over the top. Ball would hit the ground nearly every time. And then our small forwards would get completely out worked, and it would go down the other end of the ground with ease.

If Lonergan is in charge of the forwards now, him and Dimma have some work to do with the team and how we move it, the decisions we make, and pressure we apply where our forward play is concerned.

We actually won the inside 50’s but got beaten up by 34 points. Poor finishing didn’t help (esp Bolton) but we’ve got big problems going forward and when it’s in there.

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It’s certainly **** annoying the amount of games where we have total control for 10 or 15 minutes yet can’t put a score on the board. A reflection again I reckon of our dysfunctional movement into the forward line.

It was infuriating last night. Tomlinson, Lever, May had a field day just reading one passage after another to Lynch or Jack - just waiting and watching for the kick to go to either - and all of them swarming over the top. Ball would hit the ground nearly every time. And then our small forwards would get completely out worked, and it would go down the other end of the ground with ease.

If Lonergan is in charge of the forwards now, him and Dimma have some work to do with the team and how we move it, the decisions we make, and pressure we apply where our forward play is concerned.

We actually won the inside 50’s but got beaten up by 34 points. Poor finishing didn’t help (esp Bolton) but we’ve got big problems going forward and when it’s in there.
This goes back to my point about our lack of coaching smarts. No disrespect to Lonergan but he ain’t no Leppitsch or Macrae. Big step up from development coach in the reserves.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

yep.

seems to be theme of our April/May's

disjointed inside 50's

A midget or two's head will have to roll. George was having great year, so he definitely stays.

and if we are gonna bring in MRJ (IT IS TIME),

then its Aarts who goes.

Romance matters, and unless you watch the NTFL,

2 Riolis in one forward line,

has an unprecedented romance index.

I'd play Stack as sub too.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
This goes back to my point about our lack of coaching smarts. No disrespect to Lonergan but he ain’t no Leppitsch or Macrae. Big step up from development coach in the reserves.
It’s not unfixable. We had the same problem about round 4-6 last year. Dimma mentioned it then and he mentioned it again after the Swans game this year.

But it’s reared it’s head yet again and seems an ongoing challenge for us.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
By no stretch am I panicking.

I predicted preseason we'd be 5:5, and I think that will come to bear.

and we may need to win this flag through an elimination final.

But, I think we need to pivot. Change an approach semi-drastically.

I believe MRJ has more semi-drasticism in his body, than any other 2 players on our list put together.

he plays like he's on Meth and he thinks hes a double ball in a Kiss Pinball machine

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
It appears a bit of “lazy” footy going forward , we just bomb long , it’s worked well at times however , the smalls are just not getting the return they once were , need a few more clunks from the big blokes and a few more front and squares from the amigos. I don’t think a Caddy would be the worst option deep forward

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
any word on Grimes?

would Dusty be in NZ by now?

is a concussion without loss of consciousness less of a concussion?

who will present MRJ with his jumper?

I know. its a lot of questions

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
any word on Grimes?

Hardwick was hopeful Grimes will be okay. Dusty will miss, but was battling a foot complaint in any case, so the week off will help him a bit there. With the injuries I think a couple (Aarts and one or two others who just aren’t producing) survive, but we do have to replace Dusty and Lambert, so youngsters will get their opportunity.
We were outplayed last night, pure and simple. Melbourne were just too good and wanted it more. Hats off to them.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
the bloke was strolling into goal.

Marlion had the speed to get there to rub his throat a bit.

the ruck push in the back was careless if not dumb.

But he played well all night
Being that he isn't s ruckman and that Fawn did the same thing time after time without getting pinged I think he gets a pass for it.

His effort was the standard required and stuff me if I can find anyone else bar Bank or Sheds who gave the same.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
any word on Grimes?

1 fingers crossed, however needs a rest I reckon , elbows look sore
2 power boating the Kawaru river as we speak
3 nobody knows
4 Phil Egan or X
5 yes, yes it is for a Sunday morning

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
1 fingers crossed, however needs a rest I reckon , elbows look sore
2 power boating the Kawaru river as we speak
3 nobody knows
4 Phil Egan or X
5 yes, yes it is for a Sunday morning

I was really hoping someone provided a numbered response.

thanks Mr.B

Im gonna go make another coffee, and increase the winning margin over Footscray.

• Haha

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Biggest issue this season is we're carrying to many passengers in our losses a few out there coasting and few senior players included. We need another genuine tall in that side to we're lacking height.l have noticed our skills have gone downhill to and we're turning it over way to much.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
The threepeat is definitely still on. I'm a believer in that.
But some serious tweaking needs to occur if the Tigers are to regain their mojo.
The Tigers can and will the flag from whatever position they finish in the eight.
I agree. Looking back we gave away 2 to 3 goals straight infront of goals, Bolton missed all his shots, normally kicks them. melbourne played well, we were one tall short in the forward line (particularly as they all flood back). we kicked too many from wing to the opposition instead of seeking a shorter kick to someone. Turn this around, we would of come real close to a win.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I was really hoping someone provided a numbered response.

thanks Mr.B

Im gonna go make another coffee, and increase the winning margin over Footscray.
Wouldn’t expect it any other way, how’s the view across the range from the deck this morning Ezzzzzy

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I agree. Looking back we gave away 2 to 3 goals straight infront of goals, Bolton missed all his shots, normally kicks them. melbourne played well, we were one tall short in the forward line (particularly as they all flood back). we kicked too many from wing to the opposition instead of seeking a shorter kick to someone. Turn this around, we would of come real close to a win.
Bolton kicked one, but he missed 3 that he should have nailed. Missing shots is becoming a real issue. We kick about half of what we missed at it becomes a real fight, we maybe sneak a win.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Agree, dosent take much for a game result to change. 2 incidents really changed momentum in my eyes , Bolton’s missed short kick at 50 to Rioli at the end of the first and Oliver been given an eternity to dispose of the ball and then he just drops it , early in the second in front of our goals , both “should” have resulted in goals to us , yet both ended up goals to them and changed momentum, bottom line they played extremely well and deserved the win

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Don't worry about possessions, Melbourne play a high chip it around possession game. They'll run out of steam season end.
Inside 50's 56 to 60 our way.
they got the ball out too quickly and easy. They flooded the backline and chipped it out.