GAME DAY - Tiges vs Dees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tiges vs Dees

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
A more dynamic forward line would make all the difference at the moment.

Reactions: 1 user

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
We need a Caddy with pace. Medium sized smart forward. Unfortunately Caddy is cooked and burnt. No way i want him back in the side. With him, Jack and Tom in our fwd line they would stroll it out of their backline with ease.

Personnel is our biggest issue atm and aint seeing anything in the 2s to get me excited. MJR excluded

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I think at times we're to predictable need to change a few things and tweaks.Forward line entry has been a issue for a while set-up not working.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Whilst there was too much bombing to the big forwards there was bombing to no one at times. Looked like the only option at times was to go for as much territory as possible like a rugby kick to touch.. Invariably though the melb backs got there first and ran it out with ease.

Backline should sleep pretty well this week they kept a dominant team to,12 goals...82 is a score Our forwards should be able to match ( as we on all but 6 times in last 3 seasons and so far this year. )

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Whilst there was too much bombing to the big forwards there was bombing to no one at times. Looked like the only option at times was to go for as much territory as possible like a rugby kick to touch.. Invariably though the melb backs got there first and ran it out with ease.

Backline should sleep pretty well this week they kept a dominant team to,12 goals...82 is a score Our forwards should be able to match ( as we on all but 6 times in last 3 seasons and so far this year. )
And we lost Grimes for a fair chunk.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
And we lost Grimes for a fair chunk.

We were the walking wounded on the bench at the end. I don't think we made an interchange in the last 10 mins, may have been longer. I could see at the ground 26 remaining interchanges for what seemed an eternity.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Dimma alluded to this a little in his presser in that we were playing wet weather footy (ie. take all territory when on offer) when it wasn't actually that wet. Other than that downpour just after quarter time, there were small pockets of rain but not a lot.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Great summary David. But I disagree on the crowd balance comment. I thought they clearly outnumbered us and were very vocal. We on the hand, were timid and placid in our vocal support. Very un-Richmond like. I’ll be posting my observations on this on a separate thread.

Yeah, my observation was from my part of the ground, Southern stand forward flank Punt Rd end, and there were a lot of Richmond supporters.

I still maintain that a team who is 5-0 and 57 years since their last flag could get more fans to their home game than 2 bottom 8 teams playing today.

DS

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Was Petrecca best on ground?
My best was Salem, Lever and then Petrecca.
But it makes good head lines to have Petrecca BOG.
Dusty has 10 of those Anzac medals, 9 to go for little Petrecca

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Melbourne players got very cocky and lippy the end of the game.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Melbourne players got very cocky and lippy the end of the game.
Super unlikeable team. No class, no humility.

Rapidly approaching Essendon, Port and Geelong territory.

My number 2 gear grinder (after umpiring standards) is players who limp, sook, moan and grimace when their team is DEFENDING, but move like Usain Bolt in a split second when there's a chance they can get the footy.

Number 1: Connor Rozee
Number 2: Jake Stringer
Number 3: Gary Rohan

That's my podium

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I've always hated Dudbourne and their front runner fans.

Despite their lack of success, the odd time they win a game you'd think it was the GF and it comes with a big time attitude. Huge.

I remember the previous time they beat us at the G back in 2016 I think it was, and didn't they want to let us know about it. Not sure why. They were sh*t and we were too that year. I remember about 200-300 MCC members all standing up 5 mins into the last quarter, turned towards the Richmond fans and just pouring it on. But anyway, thats how Dudbourne fans roll.

On Saturday night, preppy smart arse Dudbourne fans who probably hadn't been to a game in years, mouthing off. They were everywhere on the streets after. You'd think they had won 3 premierships with their mouthy attitude, not a humiliating 56 year drought.

They lose 3 in a row and they'll be back to dragging 20,000 to the G. Can't stand them.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I've always hated Dudbourne and their front runner fans.

Despite their lack of success, the odd time they win a game you'd think it was the GF and it comes with a big time attitude. Huge.

I remember the previous time they beat us at the G back in 2016 I think it was, and didn't they want to let us know about it. Not sure why. They were sh*t and we were too that year. I remember about 200-300 MCC members all standing up 5 mins into the last quarter, turned towards the Richmond fans and just pouring it on. But anyway, thats how Dudbourne fans roll.

On Saturday night, preppy smart arse Dudbourne fans who probably hadn't been to a game in years, mouthing off. They were everywhere on the streets after. You'd think they had won 3 premierships with their mouthy attitude, not a humiliating 56 year drought.

They lose 3 in a row and they'll be back to dragging 20,000 to the G. Can't stand them.
Don't worry about Melbourne.
They are another Stkilda, another Collingwood. They just don't know how to win a flag.
They're are useless.
I can see the headlines already.
'Melbourne out'
'Melbourne do it again'
'Melbourne lose the unloseable'

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Don't worry about Melbourne.
They are another Stkilda, another Collingwood. They just don't know how to win a flag.
They're are useless.
I can see the headlines already.
'Melbourne out'
'Melbourne do it again'
'Melbourne lose the unloseable'
I'm not worried about Dudbourne at all. In fact, I reckon they are average and are guaranteed to fall in a hole at some point.

I just can't stand their fans. There's a real front runner and smart arse attitude to them. They pop up out of the ground infrequently, and when they do, the attitude is like they've been a mega success for decades. You'd think they'd have a smidgeon of humility given their last 56 years, and keep a bit of a lid on it, but nope.

Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I'm glad you aren't calling me a racist, because that would be very stupid.
Strange post.
We have to disagree because I have Houli playing a better team game than Pickett.
Bachar had a really poor game by his standards and seems not yet to have recovered from his brave efforts in the GF.
Marlion made some mistakes but was clearly among our best. Most who voted for best player seem to agree.

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
Opposition teams lift when they play us. Dees were rubbish for 3 Qtrs against Hawthorn last week. Where’s Sydney at. Even port were less intense against Saints last night.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I'm not worried about Dudbourne at all. In fact, I reckon they are average and are guaranteed to fall in a hole at some point.

I just can't stand their fans. There's a real front runner and smart arse attitude to them. They pop up out of the ground infrequently, and when they do, the attitude is like they've been a mega success for decades. You'd think they'd have a smidgeon of humility given their last 56 years, and keep a bit of a lid on it, but nope.
99% of Melbourne supporters are smart asses.
They have that arrogant streak regardless of there 50 years of nothing.
Its hard to listen too.