Game Day Vs GIANTS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Vs GIANTS

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
Watching a replay of the second half. Eddie says quite a few very complementary things about us. Not sure why all the hatred of him. Also, I thought that tackle by Green on Grimes was close to illegal in terms of what rugby calls a spear tackle.

Reactions: 6 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Watching a replay of the second half. Eddie says quite a few very complementary things about us. Not sure why all the hatred of him. Also, I thought that tackle by Green on Grimes was close to illegal in terms of what rugby calls a spear tackle.
Eddie was actually ok I thought, he hates anything Sydney.

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Fair call. Might have gone a bit early. Four goals down and playing an unorganised, inefficient style of footy like we have for most of the year.
To be honest, i stand by it. Our game plan and execution has been mostly poor all season
All good mate, we've all been there during our tenure as supporters when things aren't quite what we expect. The last 4 games have been interesting to say the least, no rhyme or reason in that lot whatsoever, it's a feast or a famine, but early days yet, plenty of heart and mongrel amongst this lot though and that counts for plenty in this game.

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Well you got one for the ages alright! Both games with a nail-biting finish that went the right way.
I believe that may well be as "good as it get's" mate ...................... what a weekend that turned out to be, getting to old for that much excitement in the space of 8 hours.

Tiges and Foxes have done me very very proud over the last 5 years, spoilt rotten ... :cupgold

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Just watched the 2nd half again. We had every right to give up on that game. A couple of times we came back and then they kicked away again, usually on the back of some 50/50 umpiring decisions going their way. We hung tough and ramped up our pressure game when it mattered.

BTW, is it just me or did Aarts look the part playing in the midfield? Has poise and evasiveness. Could this be a find that works for us going forward?

Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Just watched the 2nd half again. We had every right to give up on that game. A couple of times we came back and then they kicked away again, usually on the back of some 50/50 umpiring decisions going their way. We hung tough and ramped up our pressure game when it mattered.

BTW, is it just me or did Aarts look the part playing in the midfield? Has poise and evasiveness. Could this be a find that works for us going forward?
We may have just re-invented our midfield in that game. I dubbed Baker mini-Dusty years back. He may just be Dusty Mk.II but in miniature form.
What a ripper footballer he is! And as brave as a Jack Russell terrier.

Reactions: 5 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
He was dead set riding us home. Screaming out "DUSTY!!!!" every few minutes like a Richmond supporter. Pissed a few neutrals off apparently.

Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
No it was clearly critical and brilliant.
I know you're being sarcastic to make fun of me, but are you really suggesting his goal wasn't critical? Or brilliant?

Because it was clearly both of those things.

Also, watch our last three goals, from 15 points down to win - Riewoldt has the last touch before the goal in all three. He then clears the ball out of danger on the wing with seconds to go to secure the win. He was in everything and CRITICAL to the win.

huh?

lynch worked his arse off all game. Presented and presented and presented again. Kicked poorly but did a power of work.

Jack is the key forward who has let the team down. He’s been nothing short of pathetic the last 2 weeks.

They're both working their arse's off. Pathetic? Wow.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Also, this is what Jack is dealing with.

Untitled.jpg
This was not even half way through the first quarter.

It was his fourth (so far) outnumbered aerial contest that he was involved in, either forward or on the wing.

It resulted in a goal. Like a lot of his contests did.

We have a bloke that's going up four on one for no personal reward, creating goals and moving all over the park, and people think he's being beaten by one opponent.

Insanity.

Reactions: 18 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
The script of our Dynasty,

is as predictable as a scandi-noir forensic crime series on Netflix,

or an 80's Clint Eastwood western

1. early season injury Tsunami, seemingly only to top 10 players
  2. complications and delays to injuries
  3. a scandal
  4. champs on canvass
  5. unlikely hero/es emerges
  6. win epic battle when all seems almost lost
  7. injured stars trickle back into the line-up
  8. build momentum
  9. have a minor complication
  10. win premiership
you've been rubbing your crystal balls again :oops:

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
They're both working their arse's off. Pathetic? Wow.
Yeh, fair play pathetic not the right choice of words. No doubt he is working hard.
I’m sure Jack wouldn’t be happy with his output last 2 weeks, as a senior player with so many out no doubt he’d like to be playing better.

And I wasn’t being critical of George, his 3rd qtr goal assured us the win. He always delivers when we really need it.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What irks me so much is why we fumble. If we're drilled into playing chaos, we should be drilled in not fumbling.
Spend all season working on perfecting it for big boy month. Been working fine so far :cupgold :cupgold :cupgold Also gotta remember we've got a bunch of apprentices in learning the ropes at the moment.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Also, this is what Jack is dealing with.

View attachment 12203
This was not even half way through the first quarter.

It was his fourth (so far) outnumbered aerial contest that he was involved in, either forward or on the wing.

It resulted in a goal. Like a lot of his contests did.

We have a bloke that's going up four on one for no personal reward, creating goals and moving all over the park, and people think he's being beaten by one opponent.

Insanity.

Given that contest was 4 on 1 going for the ball and we have Aarts also in the pic - where are the other tiger smalls to collect the ground ball - this is one reason we are struggling as it’s hard to get our smalls up and back in time - systems issue rather than structural.