Game Day vs Western Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day vs Western Bulldogs

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Don’t worry about our midget defence vs their midget forward line.

Today is all about the midfield. This is where the Dogs strength lies.

Beat them here and we should have them covered.

They will try and employ the same tactics as last year. Hold possession especially around their back half and not allow our pressure game to get going.

Beveridge was the first coach to try this against us.

We need to be ready tonight.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Tigers by 27 tonight.
Should be a pretty good game and Footscray will be pumped to redeem their loss of last week (when they probably should've won), but I am hoping that by maintaining their intensity at the contest and their willingness to keep working hard across the ground that the Tigers will eventually overcome a competitive Doggies side.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Game will be won in the ruck.
Expecting a big game from Nank

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
se7en said:
Game will be won in the ruck.
Expecting a big game from Nank

Nank has been great for the Tigers this year. I would probably have him in the top five for the B&F at the moment.
He plays well tonight and the Tigers go a long way to winning the match.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
As a long time Houli commentator, I've warmed to his game of late. Still gets the ball and does good things with it but he actually shows more willingness under contested heat which is a huge factor in his improvement.

For some reason, I really like the look of our backs.

Broad and Grimes: even though they are small in KPD stature they make up for it by being very astute and cunning.
Vloss and Stack: Don't flinch Wont give an inch.
Edwards and Houli: Silky skills that pay the bills.

I'm looking forward to what looks on paper as the 'lesser' game of the round.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Surely Nankervis will slaughter Tim English in the ruck but it is the rest of the Dogs kids I am worried about.

McRae, Bont, Libba, McLean, Dunkley & Hunter - if they all play well the Dogs will win.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Bulldogs have been pretty poor this year. Have beaten the struggling Swans and Hawks and losses against Blues and Suns. I'm expecting a comfortable win if we play our pressure game. Bulldogs Ike to handball a lot which also plays into our hands.

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
If this game was played on paper Tigers win by 10+ goals .
But its played on grass , tigers by 5 goals , het it done Tiger boys

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
gutfull said:
If this game was played on paper Tigers win by 10+ goals .
But its played on grass , tigers by 5 goals , het it done Tiger boys

Paper grass?

7 1/2 goals.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Quintessential danger game. We've been beaten in our last three at Marvel, they pushed us to the brink at the end of last year and did the same to Collingwood a few weeks ago. Will be happy with a win of any sort.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If we cant beat them by at least 6 goals. We should just start planning for the future.
Top 6 side vs Bottom 4 team

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
zippadeee said:
If we cant beat them by at least 6 goals. We should just start planning for the future.
Top 6 side vs Bottom 4 team

We'll soon see, Zips, come final siren time.

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
Will the Umpires permit the doggies lightning “throws”?.

If they do it could be close,if the umpires insist the doggies handball,we win easily.