Game Day vs Western Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day vs Western Bulldogs

B

Bill James

MD Jazz said:
Yeh, Richo had a hundred games with better mark highlights. And as you say had to be the best contested mark in the game because of the incompetence of teammates.
He had 10 games at least with more than 7 contested marks.

B

Bill James

Indeed he twice took 21 marks in a game...……………….12 years apart. Legend.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Hardwick's 'Jesus Christ' comments have been taken too literally. I'd just have been happy with Astbury & Rance.

when he said Jesus Christ I thought he was meaning Rance.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He's an exciting young talent Naughton no doubt but the plaudits he has received this week have generally been way over the top considering who's currently missing from our backline.
That just hasn't fitted the narrative when the media look to beat up the next budding superstar.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
He's an exciting young talent Naughton no doubt but the plaudits he has received this week have generally been way over the top considering who's currently missing from our backline.
That just hasn't fitted the narrative when the media look to beat up the next budding superstar.

They haven’t got anything else to talk about, 40 footy shows, 300 footy commentators.
McNaughton will never get a game like that get again..

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
zippadeee said:
They haven’t got anything else to talk about, 40 footy shows, 300 footy commentators.
McNaughton will never get a game like that get again..

They have to talk about someone who kicks goals. After all its been the lowest scoring round since Jesus lined up on Buddha at CHB in the All Galilee Rep game in 0022. Cracking game that one. (Bloody lamb and bitter herbs were scalding hot on the outside and frozen in the middle from memory.)

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
JimJessTorp said:
They have to talk about someone who kicks goals. After all its been the lowest scoring round since Jesus lined up on Buddha at CHB in the All Galilee Rep game in 0022. Cracking game that one. (Bloody lamb and bitter herbs were scalding hot on the outside and frozen in the middle from memory.)
:hihi

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
A little over the Naughton raves. First Browny says its the best marking display he has ever seen, and its continued on with everyone talking about how incredible it was.

Watch the below and name me his true "contested" marks. There is one decent mark, the rest are almost uncontested. Naughton is 195cm. Opponents in 3 of the contests are Vlastuin 187, one is Menadue 187. In all other contests he is essentially uncontested with no body on him and no impeding his run at the ball.

Yes, he looks a good player with good hands and great judgement of flight but he won't get it so easy in most games.

How's the next incarnation of Carey going? Essentially has had 1 very good game this year and a couple of decent ones. A guy like Jeremy Finlayson has him covered everywhere except contested marking but we don't hear the same *smile*.

Naughton would not get a kick on Rance.

Young Blakey at the swans will be twice the footballer as Naughton.