GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Riding the usual preliminary week emotional rollercoaster of euphoric confidence and terror panic.

Emotionally, its a little bit of a prolonged adult version of Christmas Eve when you're a kid and you get dragged to midnight mass

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Emotionally, its a little bit of a prolonged adult version of Christmas Eve when you're a kid and you get dragged to midnight mass
Christ.... I hated that!

On an entirely different subject. ... does anyone have much of an idea about what sort of numbers we'll have of the faithful there tomorrow night?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
To add to this game... Cotch reaches 250 games!

Perfect- every little motivational edge we can find the better - and 250 Cotch games is pretty special - it ain’t little - could be the difference.

Yes the media have really gone to sleep on this one, Er, actually, it’s the tigers so let’s just put in the bottom draw as it’s considered a good news story.

Reactions: 4 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Port have played this game mentally over and over for two weeks.
We are charging into town on a hit mission.
Dimma has the team snarling and ready to feed off of the rabid feral fans.

Spot on, Zed
I for one was pleased that the Tigers had to play last week. Reckon the team will be better off for last week's game rather than having sat around waiting. Being in the hub for over 100 days there has been too much down time. The Tigers like to play and it got an extra game into Prestia, Edwards and Astbury.
If the Tigers hit hard early then Port will start to get concerned that its season of sitting atop the ladder will disappear down the drain quicker than it can appreciate.
Beat Port and they will probably end up like the Crows, a bumbling, mentally disintegrated mess.

Reactions: 5 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Reckon we outsmart them in clearances, break even or win , we take away their game

Maybe that’s why we stepped it up last week for what is coming, their whole game is built around it

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Last week showed we stepped up a gear and if the footy gods are with us then we will go up another gear and show Port and the AFL who is boss

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
In 2017 I was monumentally confident. In 2018 I was trepidatious. In 2019 I was nervous but thought we would win. In 2020....I am very very nervous and have no idea what's gonna happen!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Reckon we outsmart them in clearances, break even or win , we take away their game

Maybe that’s why we stepped it up last week for what is coming, their whole game is built around it
-They are the No 1 clearance side.
-This is something the last few weeks we have worked on & it’s helped getting the ‘midfield band back’.
-They are no 1 defensive unit & we are No 2.
-They are No 2 attacking side & we are No 3.

shapes up as ‘one hell of a fight’.
Nothing really separates these sides, so it’s going to be which leaders stand up, which young players ( also game wise ) will rise to the occasion & which coach sticks to its strengths / system the longest.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone got a gut feeling on the game?
I can’t pick it. Winner will take the game by a goal I think.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Anyone got a gut feeling on the game?
I can’t pick it. Winner will take the game by a goal I think.
I just have an uneasy gut feeling. Going to struggle to do any work tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
People we are good.

Port ain’t that all that. This season there are only two teams that can beat us at their best - WC (never got rolling) and Brisbane.

Port are fraudulent.

They banked early wins after clearly hitting the chaotic season opening like a steam train.

They are good structurally and win the pill with genuine grunt, but that’s where it ends.

Astbury is our most important player tomorrow night. Port will look to bang it in to Charlie. Dave won’t panic, he’s seen it all before.

What else they got? There’s a sprinkling of class but it is easily smothered. The midfield bulls aren’t clean under pressure.

We got far more weapons. Class, cohesion, Lynch, Dusty. Jack will bob up. I can feel it, bruh.

And then there’s the backline. Quite simply the best I’ve seen in Tiger jumpers.

Port are fraudulent. Far more worried about Brisbane in the GF. And we’ll beat them too.

We’re the best team in the comp. Seven goal margin tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I just have an uneasy gut feeling. Going to struggle to do any work tomorrow.
Reckon we’ll control the game for most of the first half. We have to make the most of our opportunities.
they come back in the second half.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Spot on, Zed
I for one was pleased that the Tigers had to play last week. Reckon the team will be better off for last week's game rather than having sat around waiting. Being in the hub for over 100 days there has been too much down time. The Tigers like to play and it got an extra game into Prestia, Edwards and Astbury.
If the Tigers hit hard early then Port will start to get concerned that its season of sitting atop the ladder will disappear down the drain quicker than it can appreciate.
Beat Port and they will probably end up like the Crows, a bumbling, mentally disintegrated mess.
Yep. If we missed last week we would have had one game in 28 days stuck in the hub.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
People we are good.

Port ain’t that all that. This season there are only two teams that can beat us at their best - WC (never got rolling) and Brisbane.

Port are fraudulent.

They banked early wins after clearly hitting the chaotic season opening like a steam train.

They are good structurally and win the pill with genuine grunt, but that’s where it ends.

Astbury is our most important player tomorrow night. Port will look to bang it in to Charlie. Dave won’t panic, he’s seen it all before.

What else they got? There’s a sprinkling of class but it is easily smothered. The midfield bulls aren’t clean under pressure.

We got far more weapons. Class, cohesion, Lynch, Dusty. Jack will bob up. I can feel it, bruh.

And then there’s the backline. Quite simply the best I’ve seen in Tiger jumpers.

Port are fraudulent. Far more worried about Brisbane in the GF. And we’ll beat them too.

We’re the best team in the comp. Seven goal margin tomorrow.
‘A sprinkling of class that’s easily smothered’, love it.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Port lost 3 games. To Brisbane, St Kilda and Geelong. All have pretty good forward lines and Port's defence was exposed.
Our forwards are quality and will stretch them.

Halve the center bounces/stoppages and we'll beat them.

Reactions: 6 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I think we will destroy them.

I'll be surprised if the final margin is less than 5 goals.

Port is a team that does not handle the weight of expectation. Home game, home crowd, favs with the bookies. Recipe for a Port disaster.

Reactions: 5 users