GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I want Brisbane in that GF
I would really fancy us against them Carter.
The stats are with us as well if we play Brisbane. We have a perfect record in Finals since 2017 against sides who beat us the last time we played them.
In fact I think we have only been beaten twice in a row by the same team once in the last 4 years. Collingwood in the 2018 prelim and in early 2019

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What impressed me last night was just how disciplined we were. With all the agro talk all week, we just concentrated in our game. None of the Hartlett Duursa fake tough man *smile*. No aggressive posturing. Just hard at every ball and pretty much ignoring the Port players.

We're in finals beast mode. The boys want this pretty hard and I reckon a big part of that drive is to give the AFL Media, and possibly AFL MRO, a huge "*smile* You" for all the *smile* stories about the team this year.

Couldn't be prouder of this team.

Reactions: 19 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
What impressed me last night was just how disciplined we were. With all the agro talk all week, we just concentrated in our game. None of the Hartlett Duursa fake tough man *smile*. No aggressive posturing. Just hard at every ball and pretty much ignoring the Port players.

We're in finals beast mode. The boys want this pretty hard and I reckon a big part of that drive is to give the AFL Media, and possibly AFL MRO, a huge "*smile* You" for all the *smile* stories about the team this year.

Couldn't be prouder of this team.
Rioli gave away a silly 50 and Edwards uncharacteristically bowled Wines over as Lambert's kick dribbled through, but otherwise we were a paragon of discipline.

Reactions: 1 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
My dislike for Port stems from being a Woodville Warriors supporter in the mid eighties. Malcolm Blight was back and things were looking up. We then had Richard Champion, Allen Jackovich and a personal fave John Klug whom later went to the crows.

Port would always beat us and there was no telly games back in the day, you had to be there. They would smash us most times.

Port home games were terrifying. As a kid I got verbally abused and threatened by their fans countless times and all I can remember is beer, mud and body odour. They were by far the worst lot and most arrogant.

Then they move to the AFL and hang onto their culture and past so I hang onto mine.

Reactions: 4 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
I want Geelong in the Grannie. I want their blood for the 150 point mauling we got in 2007 and for all the thrashings after. I want to do to them what we’ve done to Adelaide and GWS - make them finally irrelevant.

Reactions: 7 users

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
Having read around a few neutral boards, oppo supporters were against us by a factor of 10:1. Then whinged the whole game about how we always get the umpires, stage for frees, do dirty stuff and play an unattractive brand of football.

The media really have done a proper hatchet job on us.

I don't blame the media, I blame the fact that we've been so successful for the past 4 years. I want them to hate us because we keep winning. They don't hate us enough yet

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I want Geelong in the Grannie. I want their blood for the 150 point mauling we got in 2007 and for all the thrashings after. I want to do to them what we’ve done to Adelaide and GWS - make them finally irrelevant.

Compelling argument that's hard to disagree with. But I do like the idea of the Cats not making it to the GF *again*.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
A i a plus was with Sticky fingers Westhoff sitting out the game after Hinks opted for Ladhams.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I don't blame the media, I blame the fact that we've been so successful for the past 4 years. I want them to hate us because we keep winning. They don't hate us enough yet
It's the constant talking down of everything we do, the failure to give due credit. Even some of the praise sounds contrived. IMO far too many are letting personal foibles cloud their perspective. It's unprofessional.

But yes I want us to keep winning until they beg us to stop. And win some more.

Reactions: 9 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
My dislike for Port stems from being a Woodville Warriors supporter in the mid eighties. Malcolm Blight was back and things were looking up. We then had Richard Champion, Allen Jackovich and a personal fave John Klug whom later went to the crows.

Port would always beat us and there was no telly games back in the day, you had to be there. They would smash us most times.

Port home games were terrifying. As a kid I got verbally abused and threatened by their fans countless times and all I can remember is beer, mud and body odour. They were by far the worst lot and most arrogant.

Then they move to the AFL and hang onto their culture and past so I hang onto mine.
Ah the good old days. Thinking of State league and suburban footy in the 1980s brings back childhood nostalgic memories.

One of those nostalgic memories of standing on the terraces is a concoction of blended smells wafting up under one’s nostrals. Damp grass, beer breath, pies with sauce, body odour, cigarettes, weed....all garnished with the smell of the odd fart to top it all off.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Ah the good old days. Thinking of State league and suburban footy in the 1980s brings back childhood nostalgic memories.

One of those nostalgic memories of standing on the terraces is a concoction of blended smells wafting up under one’s nostrals. Damp grass, beer breath, pies with sauce, body odour, cigarettes, weed....all garnished with the smell of the odd fart to top it all off.
Yep, the good old footy, Coke and a pie days !

We used to have a program in the under 10s where we would often play on the same ground (or backup if it was hell muddy) as the seniors so we could stick around and watch the sanfl games.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Yep, the good old footy, Coke and a pie days !

We used to have a program in the under 10s where we would often play on the same ground (or backup if it was hell muddy) as the seniors so we could stick around and watch the sanfl games.
I’m in TAS. I missed the golden years of Tasmanian footy from the 1960s to early 1980s that my parents generation tell me about. But got to see the last hurrah of this level of footy being an ingrained part of the community in TAS in the mid to late 80s, to the early 90s, before going into terminal decline. Absolute highlight was being on the terraces as a child with my father in 1990, to see Tasmania defeat the VICS in a state of origin encounter at a packed North Hobart Oval (the Gales were brilliant for TAS that day).

Definitely one of those grounds of yesteryear with bench seating and standing mounds around the outer to accommodate the majority of the crowd, where that concoction of wafts reminds me vividly and fondly of that day .

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Will be listening and I will post the show for people who may miss it.
Going to be great listening.
Being back in enemy territory I decided to have a listen to KG & Cornsey on 5AA (just for fun).

Well KG was falling out of his tree about the unfair umpiring (seemed to overlook that they won the *smile* count), hates anything Victorian (especially the AFL), wouldn't hear a bad word from any callers about Port players.

There were a LOT of Crows supporters calling in, very happy, even laughing.

I could only stand listening for about 30mins and now feel like I've taken one for the team ;)

• Haha
  • Wow

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
How about Port supporters spraying Lynch with rum and coke whilst he was doing an on air interview after the game. What a *smile* disgrace they are. They are just a bunch of feral sore loser irrelevant *smile*. Take your stupid *smile* pre game love song and prison bars and *smile* off back to the SANFL where you belong you losers.

But the biggest surprise is the lack of media reporting about how Lynch caused a Port fan to spill his drink. I’m surprised he’s not under MRO scrutiny for that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Just watch the last quarter again.
broad was fantastic in the backline, intercepted a number of marks.
Big Nank was outstanding. BOG for me.
We controlled most of that quarter thanks to the midfield, some nice effort by Rioli, Cotchin and Martin.
Port really where playing for frees.
don’t win finals playing for a free kick.

we’ll done tigers.

Reactions: 5 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
How about Port supporters spraying Lynch with rum and coke whilst he was doing an on air interview after the game. What a *smile* disgrace they are. They are just a bunch of feral sore loser irrelevant *smile*. Take your stupid *smile* pre game love song and prison bars and *smile* off back to the SANFL where you belong you losers.

But the biggest surprise is the lack of media reporting about how Lynch caused a Port fan to spill his drink. I’m surprised he’s not under MRO scrutiny for that.
If you did something like that outside of Adelaide you'd be banned and your membership suspended. In Adelaide the moron will probably get a ticker tape parade.