GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Was that game when Lynch was showered with a drink whilst being interviewed and also had a good chat with a young Port supporter post game?
Pretty bad behaviour by the media against Lynchy that year and in 2020 they went even worse!!
Can't forget that Essendumb game up at Marrara when Hurley 'dived' from an elbow push to his throat :cautious:
You weren't getting me clapping that preak off his last game versus us at the end of last year :nono

1673753890664.png 1673753843076.png

1673753680913.png 1673753647132.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Nank was enormous in that game especially last quarter
It was a low marking night, so every mark was more memorable than usual - 32 to Richmond, 42 to Port. Nank, Shai and Lynch all took 4 marks, Balta, Broad, Dusty all had 3.

It was Nank in particular with the tackles that probably saved the game - Nank had 10, 4 clear of our next best in Rioli and Lambert with 6 each, Broad, Cotchin and Graham had 4's. Who knows how many of Nank's tackles were in the last, need to re-watch it before the season starts :eyes

Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
TBF all our games against Port over there were good.
Was it 18 or 19 where we had half our side out and we won.Right up there as well.
Over at Port - 2017-2021 -
2017 won by 13 points
2018 lost by 14
2019 won by 7
2020 lost by 21
2020 won that PF by 6
2021 lost by 2

6 games - 3 wins, 3 losses. 3 of the 6 games margins 7 points or less, 5 of the 6 games margins 14 points or less, nothing more than 21 points.
Our avg winning margin - 9 points, theirs - 12, Combined it's a 10 point avg winning margin. Pretty good games man (y)

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I hate playing Port over there

Biggest bogan fan base in the AFL

* would love to know how many times we have played them in port compared to here

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
That was ‘19. We’d been towelled up by the Pies and the Giants the two previous games and went into that one with a heap of blokes out, including Dusty. Cotch and Jack. I think the Count (Lloyd) had called Lynch a liability in the media during the week, too.
Thanks Sledgehammer.
(Hope he calls dusty a liability this year)

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Over at Port - 2017-2021 -
2017 won by 13 points
2018 lost by 14
2019 won by 7
2020 lost by 21
2020 won that PF by 6
2021 lost by 2

6 games - 3 wins, 3 losses. 3 of the 6 games margins 7 points or less, 5 of the 6 games margins 14 points or less, nothing more than 21 points.
Our avg winning margin - 9 points, theirs - 12, Combined it's a 10 point avg winning margin. Pretty good games man (y)
Always confident against a Hinkley coached side.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
I hate playing Port over there

Biggest bogan fan base in the AFL

* would love to know how many times we have played them in port compared to here

A group of Melbourne Tigers fans incl myself were spat at by 36ers fans 20- odd years ago after an away NBL win...just as bad as Pies fans IMO

• Sad

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Everytime I watch a Port night game I find myself drifting back to this match.

I can see why, on the eve of his 300th, Cotch said he ranks this as his favourite game outside of the flags.

I had to flick on the final quarter after lastnights match to just relive how special a victory it was.

Technology has foisted upon us some real shjt stuff in recent times..... but it's also allowed us, at the push of a button, the ability to momentarily transport our thoughts back to some of our most joyful memories.... this is one of them!

Ps.... they love to name stuff over there.... Wanganeen's Gate, Riccuito's Steps, Tex's Toilets..... surely it's time they memorialised a famous section of the ground Lambert's Pocket!

2020 Grand Theft Port-oh!
(Available on Demand)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

I can see why, on the eve of his 300th, Cotch said he ranks this as his favourite game outside of the flags.

I had to flick on the final quarter after lastnights match to just relive how special a victory it was.

Technology has foisted upon us some real shjt stuff in recent times..... but it's also allowed us, at the push of a button, the ability to momentarily transport our thoughts back to some of our most joyful memories.... this is one of them!

Ps.... they love to name stuff over there.... Wanganeen's Gate, Riccuito's Steps, Tex's Toilets..... surely it's time they memorialised a famous section of the ground Lambert's Pocket!

(Available on Demand)
It is one of my favourites as well, ranks along with the two Geelong games in 2017 and 2019 as non grannie memories.

Couldn’t help but notice the cornes comments. He conveniently forgot to mention that Ladhams kicked a goal after an academy award reaction to a Vlastuin tackle and the only reason Dixon kicked the other goal they got in the last was because of a very dodgy deliberate to the player who kicked it to him.

We definitely deserved to win that game, we were undoubtedly the better team after half time.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002

(Available on Demand)
During our dynasty years, reckon Port in this match were the only side that went with us for four quarters while we were at the peak of our powers. I know we lost to Collingwood in that infamous PF and even Brisbane a couple weeks prior but there were extenuating circumstances in both of those matches.

We were full strength against Port and they took it right up to us until the end. I’ll always respect that.

Reactions: 4 users

yo_eddy

Tiger Rookie
Apr 18, 2023
The PF win over Port was an incredible win against the odds really.
And the 1973 PF against Collingwood where we trailed by 6 goals at half time and won by a kick, KB kicking the sealer.

For home and away games, the match in late 2019 against West Coast at the MCG (round 22?) where we prevailed by 6 points was a great game.

For different reasons I recall the June 2018 game against Geelong at the MCG. Got caught in a downpour walking to the ground and was frozen solid. I thought the only way to warm up was a shot of rum. “sorry mate, we don’t serve neat spirits” - I nearly cried. Picked up a virus that turned into the worst sinus infection I’ve ever had. Six courses of antibiotics and drowning in dark green slime whenever I lay down. Months to recover. BUT we won a grinding game and until that day I never realised how good Nick Vlastuin was. Reading of the play and intercepting was on a different level, in the wet.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Who was the barman, yo? Peter Venkman? I hope you went back and gave him both barrels of green slime. Show the frown what kind of neat spirit you really are.