GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Should be an interesting bout. Mr Hardwick fires the first PR salvo -

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has delivered a warning to Port Adelaide's defenders preparing for Friday night's date with Tom Lynch.

"Good luck."

Hardwick backed Lynch to continue his aggression in the preliminary final despite being hit with his fifth charge of the season from the Match Review Officer for kneeing Saint Dougal Howard last week.

"What he (Lynch) brings to the side is the ability to get the ball to ground (at contests)," Hardwick said on Wednesday.

"There was a massive contest (against St Kilda) there where young (Ben) Paton ended up getting his head split. That's what Tom brings; he brings aggression.

"If someone wants to take his space, good luck.

"The very best sides will play the hardest brand of footy and we're going to overstep the mark sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Quite unlike Dimma. He's either had enough of being cast as badboys and decided to own it, or it's a tactic to rattle Port, or this game has gotten to Dimma like no other gam before.

I reckon it's #1

Reactions: 5 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Quite unlike Dimma. He's either had enough of being cast as badboys and decided to own it, or it's a tactic to rattle Port, or this game has gotten to Dimma like no other gam before.

I reckon it's #1
We will find out soon enough Baloo.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He's calling their backline soft.

He's hinting that they're all soft. (Did some press call Tom Lynch soft a while back?)

And more to the point- He's suggesting that our backs are not afraid of Charlie Masculine Nose.

This Hardwick fellow is up and about.

Reactions: 14 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

I reckon it's #1

Combination of 1 and 2. Dimma is showing his private face to the public now. Amidst the hugging, the "embracing imperfection" and being a father figure to the players, he hasn't lost the back pocket tough nut mentality honed by Sheedy.

Reactions: 7 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Wouldn't mind betting that Lynch will be the exact opposite ... perfectly behaved choir boy. Doesn't want to miss the GF if it comes to that.
So Hardwick's comments are to compensate.

Reactions: 3 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Rattling the cage....to see if he can stir up a reaction to unsettle Port players stability and cause doubt.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I did love the 'head split' comment. That'd be enough to plant the seed in even the bravest defender. Tom was sending bodies flying last week.

Particularly someone like Jonas who will be backing into a pack that Tommy is attacking. Do it at your own peril Dimma is saying.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Dimma has been watching Karate Kid / Cobra Kai -

Put him in a body bag!

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Port have played this game mentally over and over for two weeks.
We are charging into town on a hit mission.
Dimma has the team snarling and ready to feed off of the rabid feral fans.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Apprantly they had Charlie Dixon Pinata this week

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

I can't believe the media are using Butters as the tough edge in that side.
Stop Dixon, Stop Wines and Stop Boak.
Game OVER.

Reactions: 4 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
We have the big game experience and record behind us - that is an enormous plus over a team that has been waiting 2 weeks for this game - port have experienced players but not recent finals experience.

The media have put the bad boy story out there and fed it all year so Dimma is simply doubling down on it.

Also, I am not sure but it wouldn’t surprise me if Port have been running their own tough team mantra, best team of 2020 etc, and there may have been things said around our last game against them to stir the pot but this is not typical Dimma pre game hype so something has switched his fuse along the line.

Perhaps our players need this extra motivation when going for B2B - who knows but it makes me nervous but I like it.

We are the Kings of the Jungle, if you want our crown you have to come and get it as we are not just going to give it to you......

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Port have been training aggressively this week to be ready for us. They saying they are ready for a physical game.

• Haha

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Port have been training aggressively this week to be ready for us. They saying they are ready for a physical game.
Both teams if they are not ready for a ‘physical game ‘ for a spot in a GF and history then I don’t know what more motivation /preparedness you need than that.

Both sides have been talking tough’.

Will be interesting to see who will ‘talk the talk’ or ‘walk the walk’.

Reactions: 1 users