GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I found it - it was about 3:30 to go in the last, close to the boundary line, Cotch stuck a leg out at Hartlett as he was going by.
Sneaky. Cotchin was cooked - just prior, he lay on the ground craning his head around watching Pickett circle him with the ball.

Broad maybe a tad lucky not to get done for deliberate just after. Cancelled out by the mark paid to Houston on the wing where Dusty clearly had the first grab!

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I found it - it was about 3:30 to go in the last, close to the boundary line, Cotch stuck a leg out at Hartlett as he was going by.
Farcical, Cotch was going one way then Hartlett switches, Cotch body tries to change momentum. As LTRTR said, Christian has clearly pored over the footage in slo mo to find this joke.

Attachments

• B7921176-2B69-4187-8DF9-D9EF973415AF.jpeg
    B7921176-2B69-4187-8DF9-D9EF973415AF.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Anyway, I’ve missed the media lynching of Peter Ladhams after his hit on Noah. I hope Peter is ok, being called a dog, headline news, all the hysteria he must’ve copped. Terrible time.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Swept under the carpet? If that was Lynch he would already be sitting in the electric chair hearing his last rites
Peter Ladhams, Port Adelaide, has been charged with Striking Noah Balta, Richmond, during the first quarter of the Preliminary Final between Port Adelaide and Richmond, played at Adelaide Oval on Friday October 16.

In summary he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Anyway, I’ve missed the media lynching of Peter Ladhams after his hit on Noah. I hope Peter is ok, being called a dog, headline news, all the hysteria he must’ve copped. Terrible time.
In fairness it has been drowned about by the fuss about Dangerfield staging. Havent seen how much he was fined, but im sure it was big.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
The port supporters were mostly pretty good, had a fair few come up and say congratulations when I was celebrating after at pubs. Had a couple scream at me that the umps had robbed them walking out of the ground, but vast majority fine, thank christ!

They have certainly changed since the West Lake games, they were the most feral i encountered

there's footage i got sent on messenger showing the Tigers heading down the race and getting abuse by the port ferals on friday night ,id post it but im not sure how to get on here?

Back In the mid 2000's i was a trainer, in a game against port, i had some clown paying out on me , i could only hear the prick, i couldn't find him amongst the mullet heads,
every time i was running back to my seat, he would let fly with abuse, it took until midway through the 2nd quarter before i spotted him, i ran straight to him and gave it to him , he literally froze!
After the game i told the head trainer about that idiot, turns out the head trainer was copping abuse the whole time too and got fed up with it, he squirted them with water lol
he got a warning off the AFL lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Peter Ladhams, Port Adelaide, has been charged with Striking Noah Balta, Richmond, during the first quarter of the Preliminary Final between Port Adelaide and Richmond, played at Adelaide Oval on Friday October 16.

In summary he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Did he get him partially in the plums? Low impact there is actually very painful!

Reactions: 1 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Not enough Dave love on here. Took the ruck work in his stride and even won a few. Was useful and even innovative at times. Loved me some DLTLD.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Coaches vote
10 Dustin Martin (RICH)
6 Toby Nankervis (RICH)
4 Dan Houston (PORT)
3 Trent Cotchin (RICH)
3 Kane Lambert (RICH)
2 Tom Jonas (PORT)
2 Shai Bolton (RICH)

Reactions: 1 users

Judge Smailes

The world needs ditch diggers too!
Dec 17, 2003
Adelaide
Now all that remains is for @Judge Smailes to give us his on ground match report.
Better late than never, just sobered up after a big night at Radelaide Oval.

The Judges summary: Sitting behind the goals at
the Northern end, it was moist and tense contest.

Following the now ruined INXS track and some upside-down scarf waving, the game got underway.

Things looked great early for the Tiges sneaking out to an early lead with the GOAT snapping a sweet sausage.

The pear hit back late in the quarter with a goal to that Turdsma dude who performed his stupid arrow thing before speeding to Tom Lynch and shouting “DID YOU SEE MY STUIPID ARROW THING?” YEAAAAAAH”.

There were much kickings the pill off the deck, one in particular from the meatball resulted in a 40 metre dob that kicked left and out of bounds. Deliberate. Gonna be a long night. Turdsma then dropped the world cup when Ro-Z centred the pill, f*** it was funny. It’s what they call the karma bus.

The Mars Balta dominated the lumberjack Dixon guy and it was beautiful to watch. Rioli looked in better nick that made me happy, the Nank was breaking even and we went into half time all even. A couple more overpriced beers and it was back for the second half.

Pear fans seemed to be more Adelaide Crow fans on this evening, booing everything that happened and seemingly having no idea about anything related to footy.

The rest is a bit of a blur to be honest, lumberjack Dixon finally took a grab when big Nank actually put a great block on - unfortunately it was on the Mars Balta leaving the lumberjack to stick the mark. He pounded a long sausage and I suddenly felt a bit sick.

Enter the tradesman Kanye Lambert (pronounced Lam-bear). A sneaky goal in traffic put us back on top, before the most obvious deliberate out of bounds by a trash talking Hartlett gave Lambert another crack, which he duly p*ssed on in ridiculous fashion to give us a 10 point buffer. Karma bus #2.

We were smashing them in clearance and it was beautiful, but Bad-hams flopped in a tackle from the Mighty Mighty Vlastuin and Port were back within four. I figured time must be nearly ip so I checked with a mate who has Foxtel, he got on his phone and said … “nine minutes mate”. WTF???

Anyway, the Pear attacked a lot but Toby the Tank Engine was going full Dikembe Mutombo and denying every foray forward as the crowd reached fever pitch. Big Jack launched a looooong point which was super important and with a six point lead, I took my first breath since the four minute mark of the first quarter.

The Lynch pin went back, took the final grab, siren went, he did an interview and got Bundy on him, as the Tiger faithful celebrated I got beer on me, and had a sensational night that won’t be forgotten in a hurry. I do love this team.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Anyone pickup before the start of the last Q. Players were taking their positions with Balta pacing behind Dixon holding his nose and waving the air in front of him. I have a feeling Dixon took to the ground in the second half with a full nappy. This should be investigated.

• Haha