Geelong Floppers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Geelong Floppers

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I heard that too. Watch out for Buddy in 2020....geez....how many money years left?
No surprise he's trimmed down. Hardly played all year n been doing pre season for six months already. Wonder how worn out the old fart will be when round one arrives? Still three years isn't it?

Reactions: 1 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
One thing that really bemuses me about Geelong is that with Kardinia Park, despite the club having built all those big new grandstands in recent years, the crowd capacity has not improved one iota from the old days in the 70's/80's when half the ground was solid standing room for spectators. Had they have got the crowd capacity up to say 50,000 (or even at least 45,000) instead of just a paltry 33,000, they may well have had a realistic chance of getting a home final game. Visiting teams just have little idea how to properly play that ground with its narrow wings and the Geelong defenders do their defending masterfully there. Sadly I have many bad memories of the long drive back up the Geelong highway after having ventured down to that ground chock full of confidence each time that this was going to be the time that we would finally beat those mongrels at that place.
I live in Geelong and your post is interesting. The club were trying to encourage all home games at Docklands awhile ago and found out that most of their supporters did not go to Melbourne more than a couple of times a year.Others were not sure where Melbourne was?The new grandstands and ground capacity will suit the soccer team engaged to play there much better and the club will benefit from this very well because when Geelong AFL drops off and becomes a cellar dweller their memberships will halve overnight.Why?You may ask.The supporters are probably the most fickle bunch in the league.Oh should I mention that if they cannot park right near the stadium forget it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I understand that Geelong's new contract extension for Clangerfield is to give him more in depth training for the Oscar for best actor or a gold in the next Olympics for diving

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
No surprise he's trimmed down. Hardly played all year n been doing pre season for six months already. Wonder how worn out the old fart will be when round one arrives? Still three years isn't it?

Sure is TM.

You cant see him seeing out that contract.
Swans will still have to have his full $ even if he retires in their salary cap.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Sure is TM.

You cant see him seeing out that contract.
Swans will still have to have his full $ even if he retires in their salary cap.

Did the trade work for them?
Did they get out of it what they wanted?

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Did the trade work for them?
Did they get out of it what they wanted?

They would say , yes Seven, so do all the (most) experts out there !

He played pretty good in one GF , unfortunately his team mates didnt.

He is starting to struggle to get out on the park.
Dont think they are in a window to win one in the next 1-2 years with him, but the same could have been said about us and we have won 2 out of the last 3.

You?

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Stagerflog contract extended till 2024 by the moggies. Hope they've got him on a tapering deal of some sort. He'll be serious old fart by the time he's done. They'll probably still have Gazza, Harry n Duckwood all still shuffling along on their zimmer frames on one year deals as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Spoke to a couple of mad Geelong supporters yesterday. Staggered to hear both extremely bullish about the cats in 2020 (one was excited about Jenkins and was enthusiastic about Taylor & Ablett continuing). And, both thought the tigers were lucky to win 2019 and had doubts about them for 2020.

It was simply staggering. I told them I only hoped the cats could win enough games to make the finals and we got the chance to face them again.

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Spoke to a couple of mad Geelong supporters yesterday. Staggered to hear both extremely bullish about the cats in 2020 (one was excited about Jenkins and was enthusiastic about Taylor & Ablett continuing). And, both thought the tigers were lucky to win 2019 and had doubts about them for 2020.
Delusional little *smile* ants down at Geelol. Two flags n a prelim in the last three years n we're still just fluking them on a lucky streak, must all be mates of TBR. He reckons it's all pure arse as well.

Reactions: 4 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009

It was simply staggering. I told them I only hoped the cats could win enough games to make the finals and we got the chance to face them again.

I was similarly staggered by a Cats friend.
Can only guess the years of beating us has permanently altered their vision.
Absolutely no doubt we are a four goal better team.
I no longer fear them.
Can't see anyone beating us at the MCG.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

There's some serious delusional problems in those thoughts. Must be some bad salty air around Sleepy Hollow nowadays.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's all good, just helps me to enjoy the stunned looks on their faces as we run over them in the third quarter of yet another prelim even more.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
It's all good, just helps me to enjoy the stunned looks on their faces as we run over them in the third quarter of yet another prelim even more.

We should be beating them regularly when we are at at full strength over the next 2 years they dont have the legs to go with us. and theyve just got slower losing Kelly.

They might have got Steven who is a good consistent midfielder no doubt but they lost Kelly who was the spark and the class ball winner, distributor and the finisher.

Kelly carved us in the first half of the Prelim they are not going to be able to cover his class.

Rohan re signed also man what a fraud that bloke is. Stealing a living.

Dont see how they can have JJ, Tommahawk, Rohan and Esava all up front on Skinny Minny Park

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Patrick Louganis.
Has recommited to a further 3 years to the diving team. :clap1

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Is me or are other members feeling the same way. That is: this bloke danger is running the geelong club? Selwood and others are playing second strings!

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Wonder how worn out the old fart will be when round one arrives? Still three years isn't it?
Geez. Reckon I might have mozzed Flanklin big time with this one. The Budmeister's gone for a knee clean out, sets his pre season back by about ten weeks. He'll be lucky to put the zimmer frame away before round one.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
That footage of Miers flopping to the ground in the Prelim should've got the scrutiny it deserved.

Grimes and Rance were both castigated in the media and drawn over the coals for acting up, but they didn't carry on like Miers did with his *smile* effort.