Geelong Floppers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Geelong Floppers

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
They might have got Steven who is a good consistent midfielder no doubt but they lost Kelly who was the spark and the class ball winner, distributor and the finisher.

Stevens just blasts the ball such might work against some sides but not good intercept teams........cats take a nervous look over towards Punt Rd!

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
That footage of Miers flopping to the ground in the Prelim should've got the scrutiny it deserved.

Grimes and Rance were both castigated in the media and drawn over the coals for acting up, but they didn't carry on like Miers did with his *smile* effort.

That flop was right from the text book Geelong training manual.

Reckon Salty would have been proud of it.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That footage of Miers flopping to the ground in the Prelim should've got the scrutiny it deserved.

Grimes and Rance were both castigated in the media and drawn over the coals for acting up, but they didn't carry on like Miers did with his *smile* effort.

What really gets me about incidents like this is that Miers initiated the contact, then tries to milk it for a free. Bloody pathetic.

Mind you, same thing happened in the incident Soldo got reported for, the Hawthorn player ran towards Soldo who was returning to the middle for the ruck contest, that alone should have precluded suspension.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

Ditto Stagerfields epic dive, as previously stated in this thread it is hardly Miers fault tho, he's simply following what the "leaders" of that club do on a weekly basis. Proven by the way they got around Stagerfield after the goal he got after his dive like it was a couragous effort. Selwood (thier Captain) has made a career out of it after all

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Stevens just blasts the ball such might work against some sides but not good intercept teams........cats take a nervous look over towards Punt Rd!
Kelly was by far thier best in the Prelim, he is a massive loss for them.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Geez. Reckon I might have mozzed Flanklin big time with this one. The Budmeister's gone for a knee clean out, sets his pre season back by about ten weeks. He'll be lucky to put the zimmer frame away before round one.
He'll be battling to come back.

Deledio, Griffen, Roughead, Lewis have all retired from the 2004 draft. In fact, unless Dunn is still playing for Collingwood, Buddy is the only guy left from 2004 still playing.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Don't forget the ex-Cat now Lion who could flop with the best of them, Al Christensen.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Deledio, Griffen, Roughead, Lewis have all retired from the 2004 draft. In fact, unless Dunn is still playing for Collingwood, Buddy is the only guy left from 2004 still playing.

Danny Meyer still playing for Norlaga 2nds

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Don't forget the ex-Cat now Lion who could flop with the best of them, Al Christensen.

I rate him number 2 in the league for diving now (Duckwood will always be number 1). But Christensen needs to dive to make up for the fact he's a spud. Duckwood doesn't have that excuse.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

If Franklin wasn't on a 1000 year deal, he would've been out of the AFL last year.
No club will pay over a million to a bloke that night play only 10-12 games a year.
He is finished.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
That flop was right from the text book Geelong training manual.

Reckon Salty would have been proud of it.
It is sad that at the start of his career Miers is being taught the finer arts of the dying swan act by Salty when he should have been taught the real game. The kid has talent but Salty could well ruin it

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
If Miers has half a brain, he will he fine and will be a good player. Surely will learn from the prelim flop.

And I wouldn't be writing them off next year either, they finished top of the ladder in the regular season because they are a good team.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
If Miers has half a brain, he will he fine and will be a good player. Surely will learn from the prelim flop.

And I wouldn't be writing them off next year either, they finished top of the ladder in the regular season because they are a good team.

I think they are a good team that due to their home ground advantage become a very good team (Top 4).

Also think Grigg will be massive for them and it could cause us some grief!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think they are a good team that due to their home ground advantage become a very good team (Top 4).

Also think Grigg will be massive for them and it could cause us some grief!
I doubt they’ll progress to where they want to be until they get rid of Salty.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Their position is inflated by their soft kill home games at Krapdinia Park - StKilda, GCS, Port Adelaide, Adelaide, Freo, Nth Melb, Sydney etc.

Then their home ground gives them advantages over higher rated interstate opposition such as the Eagles, Gee Whiz and also the likes of the Doggies who would be capable of beating them on the MCG at their best

They are a good side but they are no longer a top 2 side.

Their line up is ageing, the cliff is coming they are sandbagging in the vain hope of stealing one last flag.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Their position is inflated by their soft kill home games at Krapdinia Park - StKilda, GCS, Port Adelaide, Adelaide, Freo, Nth Melb, Sydney etc.

Then their home ground gives them advantages over higher rated interstate opposition such as the Eagles, Gee Whiz and also the likes of the Doggies who would be capable of beating them on the MCG at their best

They are a good side but they are no longer a top 2 side.

Their line up is ageing, the cliff is coming they are sandbagging in the vain hope of stealing one last flag.

They're finished.
The dumbshiit couldn't win a flag when they had Enright, Corey and Scarlett they wont win now.