Geelong Floppers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Geelong Floppers

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I think it's safe to say they are the only team in the AFL who request less games at the G.

Interstate clubs definitely want to play at the G when they're in VIC, as that's where finals, in particular the GF, are played (do you understand that concept Geelong?). Marvel tenants want big games at the G, although the care factor of Marvel tenants is pretty low.

Geelong will continue to make finals by beating up minnows on their runway and earning enough pts/%.

More games at the G means better chance of winning finals there. Geelong are seriously taking the urine, and their supporters should be filthy.
If i was a supporter of thiers i would be filthy, but i don't think i have had a discussion with 1 that agrees with this point of view.
I have even said to them "when you play Pies/Bombers/Hawks in Geelong come & we'll have a discussion" they don't even agree with that....

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I think it's safe to say they are the only team in the AFL who request less games at the G.

Interstate clubs definitely want to play at the G when they're in VIC, as that's where finals, in particular the GF, are played (do you understand that concept Geelong?). Marvel tenants want big games at the G, although the care factor of Marvel tenants is pretty low.

Geelong will continue to make finals by beating up minnows on their runway and earning enough pts/%.

More games at the G means better chance of winning finals there. Geelong are seriously taking the urine, and their supporters should be filthy.
If i was a supporter of thiers i would be filthy, but i don't think i have had a discussion with 1 that agrees with this point of view.
I have even said to them "when you play Pies/Bombers/Hawks in Geelong come & we'll have a discussion" they don't even agree with that....
I am aware that someone involved with the Club e-mailed them with the suggestion of offering a better allocation of tix for opposition Clubs as a way of helping play the big Clubs down there as they demand but they scoffed at the idea.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Driving through Geelong I was behind a car with Cats stickers on the rear window. The most prominent one said, and I quote this letter-perfect:
To Old!
To Slow!
To Good!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Driving through Geelong I was behind a car with Cats stickers on the rear window. The most prominent one said, and I quote this letter-perfect:
To Old!
To Slow!
To Good!!!!!
Got a feeling that sticker was from the time before Hawforn won their threepeat. Dim dark ages n all that stuff.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
They were back at it again last night. :rolleyes:
No other team in the AFL flops or whines for free kicks like the Cats.
It’s ingrained in their DNA & stems from their coach to their team leaders down.
It’s well time the AFL media & commentary started calling them & their coach out for it as it’s an ugly blight on the sport.

Reactions: 10 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It’s ingrained in their DNA & stems from their coach to their team leaders down.
It’s well time the AFL media & commentary started calling them & their coach out for it as it’s an ugly blight on the sport.

They constantly talk to the umpires.
Where other clubs don't because theyre scared to give away a 50.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They constantly talk to the umpires.
Where other clubs don't because theyre scared to give away a 50.

The entire leadership group from Selwood, Dangerfield, Taylor and Hawkins don't stop yapping off.
Selwood at one stage yesterday told Chamberlain, 'That's holding the ball".
Im not sure, but 10 years ago that would've been front page news.
"Geelong Captain tells Umpire how to umpire"
The last time we spoke to an umpire we gave away a 50.
Brisbane didn't get hard by, they lost fair & square last night.
They overplay there infringements too.

Reactions: 1 user

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Noticed it more and more last night. Any time they get tackled they throw themselves backwards doing the YMCA. Should be known as the Village People Cats

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It’s like Salty Scott has a direct phone line to the AFL. Shorter quarters to benefit their aging stars, more games on the ground they train on..etc. Etc. He whinges like an absolute *smile* every moment of press time he gets in order to push his agendas, yet is rarely called out by those giving him air time. The whenever someone does he gets OTT defensive. Arrogant, self entitled cry babies.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looking forward to the Cats making the preliminary final and getting their arses kicked again.

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It’s like Salty Scott has a direct phone line to the AFL. Shorter quarters to benefit their aging stars, more games on the ground they train on..etc. Etc. He whinges like an absolute *smile* every moment of press time he gets in order to push his agendas, yet is rarely called out by those giving him air time. The whenever someone does he gets OTT defensive. Arrogant, self entitled cry babies.

He was angry last night because of that last game against Brisbane last year, Brisbane over did the win, celebrating like they had won the flag. That's the game Cameron kicked 45 and he said he wasn't that good.
He was angry after that loss.

I totally agree, with the 4 minute qtrs and the 3 hour breaks are helping Geelong.
I pretty sure his brother working for the AFL is assisting him too.

They won't win it either.
GWS WC COLL and us (only if we hit our strap's before its tooo late)

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Reckon Dimma watched that game and licked his chops. Just gotta hang in there and fall into 6-7-8 at worst.

Reactions: 1 users

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
Not going to happen I'm afraid Oldie. Which of these characters will bag their beloved Cats?
Hutchy, Whateley, Dwayno, Huddo, Ling?

Reactions: 5 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Dangerflog resembled Henry the Octopus at times. Whenever he was touched, arms and legs would be flying all over the place, Stager of the highest order.

Reactions: 3 users