Geelong *smile* me. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Geelong *smile* me.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Rather play them in Geelong than Docklands.For the ground if dry we should bring our tallest and best marking side and go straight down the middle.Worked more times than not for Tommy Hafey.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Phone call.
Hocking: Gill, hi mate, Steve here. I want the game against the Tigers shifted to Geelong.
Gill: sorry buddy. No can do. There might still be a crowd allowed and anyway, we have a contractual obligation to play this match at the MCG , as you know
Hocking: Don’t care mate, I want it shifted
Gill: Sorry Steve, can’t do it. And you don’t work at AFL HQ anymore
Hocking: Gill, mate, buddy. I still have the photos
Gill: ( short pause) . No worries mate. Done. What time suits you guys and what umpires do you want to officiate the match

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Unlike the scg?
*smile* ground. Massive advantage on the basis of dims. Impossible to argue otherwise. Probably the sinbgle biggest factor in the cats ability to stay in finals contention. Morons talking about the tigers home ground adv whilst ignoring this are just that.

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Frankly, I want to play them at KP. The thought of going down there with an depleted side and knocking off these pretenders at their fortress is tantalizing. Bring it on!

Reactions: 5 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
KP has the shape of a lap pool or a bowling alley.
115m wing to wing. The AFL should mandate a minimum size ground size and shape. Farcical
I agree. Knock down those new stands on the wing and widen the ground. :p

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I loved Dimmas response.

fair enough, we'll play anywhere, anytime.

that's what he said last year.

no headlines 'Dimma incredibly reasonable and well adjusted and sportsmanlike in press conference'

jeez tom brown is a useless, snivelling little *smile*

Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
jeez tom brown is a useless, snivelling little *smile*
He is the type of person you want to ankle tap as he walks by you. *smile* sorry mate as he picks himself up from the floor and dusts his fatman suit off.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Can confirm that before sHocking left the AFL his ultimate COVID backup plan to schedule virtual reality matches failed when the AI algorithm kept crashing because:
  • Kardinia Park's narrow wings kept triggering a goto error
  • the rules of the game required quantum computing capabilities to resolve
  • no amount of machine learning could conclude that a team made up of pensioners could win the flag.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yep. Rebuild the stand in the middle of Moorabool st. That'd give them a fair traffic jam n *smile* off the locals.

I am not so familiar with Kardinia Park, haven't been there since the 1970s, but surely they could remove a couple of rows of seats on each wing, actually make it a curve (one wing is pretty much straight) and widen it a little?

Why this wasn't done when the ground had major work done is a mystery.

I also wonder how the ground at Kardinia Park became so narrow in the first place, here is ground info from 1946:

Gound Sizes 1946 Boyles.jpg

151 yards is 138 metres, so even if we assume that this is to the fence, not the boundary, then it is going to be wider than the current 115 metres. Wider than Punt Rd back then too.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
I agree. Knock down those new stands on the wing and widen the ground. :p
-just the first 2 or 3 seated rows each side - not impossible...the joint hosts the most unwatchable games each week
-congested one dimensional crap