General Trivia quiz | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trivia quiz

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Fort Courage
Fort Courage?

I read somewhere that Wrangler jane was only 15 when the series started!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I thought Fort Courage was an outpost and when they went into town for supplies etc it was to Dodge City.  I'm certainly not arguing though...after all I'm continually reminded about my dodgy memory and a lot of sleeps have past since I last saw an episode of F-Troop. :hihi 

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
The Sarge was running the saloon. I reckon the fort was called F-Troop and the town was Fort Courage.

Aaah Wrangler!

blackandyellowmatt

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2006
Pakenham
willo said:
1st part correct 6er
not sure of 2nd part
Since the host of the show is unsure. I looked up some info on this.
The only reference I can find is that it was set at Fort Courage, Kansas, a fictional United States Army outpost in the West, in 1865.
And the only thing I can find about Dodge City was thats were Charlie came from.

I think its all yours 6 Pack.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
F-Troop based at Ft Courage.
Dunno about the town, I was hoping to find out myself ;D
Pass to you 6ers
Had a feeling Wrangler Jane :hearton would get a mention somewhere

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
on the same theme, in one episode two members of the band littlefeat played some psych country and agarn went into band management.

Who were these legendary musos?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've never heard of them but looked up the answer seeing nobody has had a go for a few days.

Little Feat guitarist Lowell George and drummer Richie Hayward as members of the anachronistic Beatlesque band, the Bedbugs

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Which animal has a tongue as long as it's body and tail together.

Ghost Who Walks

Who Are You
Sep 25, 2004
Canberra
chameleon
- can catch flies over one and a half body-lengths away with its tongue

Q: How long is the veiled chameleon’s tongue?

A: A veiled chameleon is a small animal — about 5 inches (12.7-cm) long, not counting his tail — with a tongue longer than he. The tongue can stretch to six times its rest length, and is about 7.5 inches (19.0 cm) long.

He needs a long, fast tongue because he is neither. The slow-moving creature never chases his prey but only edges towards it. He rocks a bit to judge the distance, focuses his independent swiveling eyes and unleashes his tongue to smite the insect from afar — up to one and a half body lengths away. The sticky tip gloms on.

The tongue whips out faster than our eyes can follow, speeding at 26 body lengths per second, according to two Dutch biologists: Jurriaan H. de Groot, at Leiden University and project leader Johan L. van Leeuwen, at Wageningen University. The tongue hits the prey in about 30 thousandths of a second — one tenth of an eye blink.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
After F-troop post, at my brothers for his birthday and as happens, we discussed all matters of trivia. Seems a few had collectors sets of F-troop. We're gonna have an F-troop night.
Dress up as characters and have a quiz (amongst drinks) prizes (of more drinks) etc.
Can't wait for Wrangler, maybe disappointed ;)
She was all the boys could talk about :hearton
Nobody having a go? Can I jump in?

What was Wrangler Janes' "real" full name in the show?