General Trivia quiz | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trivia quiz

Peaka

Tiger Rookie
Feb 14, 2005
Hi streak can you please explain the answer as I am struggling to get past 27.

The only way I can get past 27 is if you call it a safe hit if the batter makes first and the runner is tagged out at home but this isn't regarded as a safe bit ate least in the majors. I look forward to your clarification.

Thanks

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Peaka said:
Hi streak can you please explain the answer as I am struggling to get past 27.

The only way I can get past 27 is if you call it a safe hit if the batter makes first and the runner is tagged out at home but this isn't regarded as a safe bit ate least in the majors. I look forward to your clarification.

Thanks

There is actually considered to be two answers to this question. 45, which is the figure most believe, and 54, which is debatable.

Here is how you get 45........

First batter singles to first base. Count is 1 hit, no outs.

Second batter hits to a double play. Count is one hit, two outs.

Third batter singles, as do fourth and fifth batters. Count is four hits and two outs.

Sixth batter hits a ground ball which hits the runner going between 1st and 2nd before a fielder can make a play. Under the rules, the sixth batter gets credited with a safe hit, but the runner hit by the ball is out and the other batters cannot advance as the ball is dead. So the count is 5 hits and three outs.

Then do that in 9 innings means 5 X 9 = 45

timthetool

Tiger Cub
May 29, 2012
Staying with the Australian of the year theme, name the three consecutive Australia Cricket Captains who won the award