General Trivia quiz | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trivia quiz

blackandyellowmatt

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2006
Pakenham
I think its India.
From memory they are cramming in the population and will be on target to have the most dense coverage of the country (if that makes sense) and there not in the top 5 size wise

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
blackandyellowmatt said:
I think its India.
From memory they are cramming in the population and will be on target to have the most dense coverage of the country (if that makes sense) and there not in the top 5 size wise

Correct b&y :clap

Your go!

blackandyellowmatt

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2006
Pakenham
There are currently 6 USA flags that have been placed on our moon, one for each visit.
An additional flag was left by one of the missions. What is on the flag?

tigerdave

Feb 1, 2006
blackandyellowmatt said:
There are currently 6 USA flags that have been placed on our moon, one for each visit.
[/quote

Have the Septics been to the moon 6 times? :headscratch

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
blackandyellowmatt said:

A michigan university flag, although the astronauts themselves cast doubt on this.

blackandyellowmatt

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2006
Pakenham
Tiger74 said:
A michigan university flag, although the astronauts themselves cast doubt on this.

Probably so they don't get raked over the coals by NASA.
My understanding was that in one of the missions all the astronauts where from that Uni and they put the flag on there own accord as a tribute.

Tiger74

Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
blackandyellowmatt said:
Probably so they don't get raked over the coals by NASA.
My understanding was that in one of the missions all the astronauts where from that Uni and they put the flag on there own accord as a tribute.

Got the info from this - actually a nice read:

http://media.www.michigandaily.com/media/storage/paper851/news/2006/03/29/News/Debunking.The.Moon.Myth-1763410.shtml

Now for the next question.

A Kamakazi is known popularly as suicidal pilots who crashed their planes into US naval vessels.

These pilots were named after something though.

What does Kamakazi mean, and why was this name important to Japanese?

tigerdave

Feb 1, 2006
Aargh,Keep the Japanese questions coming T74!

My wife speeks Japanese...So this answer comes from MrsDave

Kamikaze means wind & has something to do with the Japanese withstanding Mongolian invasions in the 13th century!

Tiger74

Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
tigerdave said:
Aargh,Keep the Japanese questions coming T74!

My wife speeks Japanese...So this answer comes from MrsDave

Kamikaze means wind & has something to do with the Japanese withstanding Mongolian invasions in the 13th century!

Spot on! It means "Divine Wind", and was the name given to a serious of typhoons, sent by God to protect Japan, which destroyed the Mongol invasion fleet of Kublai (?) Khan as it was coming to Japan. in WWII, given they were sacrificing their lives to defend against the upcoming US retaliation, the name was bestowed on the suicide bombers.

Over to you TD :)

tigerdave

Feb 1, 2006
Legends of 1980 said:
Devil and Hero.
And Devil is a wolf, not a dog ;D

Well done Legend....Correct me if i'm wrong ;D

Have a crack yourself!