Gill’s legacy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gill’s legacy

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
A bit like Abbott and Morrison, who would have thought Gil would take Demestos' title of worst AFL CEO so quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
On his watch managed to hobble the progress of a dynasty by one of the great team's of all time...just to ensure competition equality!
Pathetic individual...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This guy cannot *smile* off quick enough. For the AFL to come out and claim that goal review decision last night was definitive is a joke but entirely expected from an organisation that refuse to admit mistakes. Not 1 person in the media or supporter will ever state that the footage we saw was definitive, and that cost us our place in the finals.

Gill can *smile* off now for all I care. His legacy will be one that leaves the AFL world confused with any decision that is made.

Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
This guy cannot *smile* off quick enough. For the AFL to come out and claim that goal review decision last night was definitive is a joke but entirely expected from an organisation that refuse to admit mistakes. Not 1 person in the media or supporter will ever state that the footage we saw was definitive, and that cost us our place in the finals.

Gill can *smile* off now for all I care. His legacy will be one that leaves the AFL world confused with any decision that is made.

What cost us our place in the finals is lynch, from 5m out, not slotting it through without any doubt whatsoever.

But agree, Gil is a *smile*

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
What cost us our place in the finals is lynch, from 5m out, not slotting it through without any doubt whatsoever.

But agree, Gil is a *smile*
yep, that and when there were 14 Richmond players in the Lions goal square, but they still let Daniher kick an easy goal.

But it will be interesting to see if there is other footage that is definitive, becuase so far there only seems to be 2 people who think it was- the reviewer, and the AFL lackey whose job it is to tick off all the decisions.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
There’s Gerry Gee’s legacy to every footy follower…..and then there’s an added layer if you’re a Richmond fan.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The ARC has been in for what 10 years, with no improvement to it in that time. Last nights stuff up was always going to happen, was always going to influence the result of a final.

Mickey Mouse rule changes and technology will be McLachan's legacy.

And while Shocking is now at the Scats, I have it on good authority that he, Gilligan and McChins had a zoom jerk fest last night.

Gilligan needs to go now !!

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The ARC is a massive joke. Cheap technology that isn't designed for what we need it to be.

The EPL can freeze frame an offside decision and see clearly if your pinky finger is past the defender, tennis balls are hit at 150kph+ and we can accurately state where the ball lands. The AFL look at a couple of grainy images and say thats technology.

I've found exclusive footage of the hole where the ARC reviewer sits.

1662076325838.png

Reactions: 2 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Gil...not my job!
My job and only job is to get the TV rights sold for ever increasing amount$.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Corrupt. Cheating. Match fixing. Call it whatever you like. Mob of bastards can gagf
I hope all the cheating umpires have been sterilised. They can gagf as well.

• Love

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I forgot to get my cheaper pie last night. That would have fixed everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
to add to the list, incompetent failed review of the Adelaide boot camp exposed by Eddie Betts bio. Then they did/ are doing what they always do, say nothing and it will blow over.

Ongoing farce of the ARC keep getting worse. Brought in to stop "clanger" umpiring decisions deciding finals! Hows the irony?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Life after AFL for Dimetros showed how poor a performer he was, his alleged corrupt way of working came to light in the education scam business and with Crown I believe.

Reckon we will see the same with Dill the Gill when he enters the real world.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Life after AFL for Dimetros showed how poor a performer he was, his alleged corrupt way of working came to light in the education scam business and with Crown I believe.

Reckon we will see the same with Dill the Gill when he enters the real world.
The pair of them would be dead set naturals at politics.

• Haha

The Kop

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2012
Started the thread so I should contribute!

Was at the game last night. Always different perspective when you watch live as opposed to TV.

No question the umpires influenced the result. In a nutshell it was umpire 23 - lots of stuff going on off the ball. Was very quick to award the bears a free kick.

We were awarded free kick in defensive goal square and a blatant 50m under his jurisdiction.

Nothing to see and paid 50 by the central umpire.

Unbelievable.

Emotion levels are starting to stabilise - we were also our own worst enemy.