Gill’s legacy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gill’s legacy

The Kop

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2012
Seems an appropriate time to start this. Fire away - I look forward to the responses! I might take the best comments, write them up into a thank you card and send it off to AFL House!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Confusion, resentment and the great switch off.

Reactions: 9 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Ghoul McLachlan leaves the game with record low attendances.

*But that's somebody else's fault.* The advertorial would have you believe that.

*Ghoul is about to do a brilliant media deal, particularly considering that he is the only vendor in the market." Demetriou used to do that.

Ghoul has superb credentials and a fawning media advertorial posse. Other than destroying attendances that's the thing he'll be forgotten for.

Reactions: 8 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Just keep the *smile* away from cricket. Let him go run the World Polo Association.

• Haha

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Does this sycophant take his hero Clarko to morning tea? All sycophants are narcissists.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
His legacy is that he has left the fan base having zero trust in the AFL. And when you don’t have trust in somebody or something, you walk away. And that’s what we’re seeing right now. People are protesting with their feet and their remote controls.

Reactions: 14 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
See you Northen Territory

Destroying the fabric of the game. Crowd numbers dropping.
Fans saying they don't like rule changes and the game us unattractive to watch.

Maybe he can virtue signal his way into another sporting job.

Achievements?
AFLW (I dislike watching this, but he did it)
Got the game through COVID loss of revenue.

Still say I think he's a useless
See you (in the) N.T, Gil

Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Coverup of sex scandal within AFL House, cronyism, rule changes.

Last edited:

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
One thing he got away with is screwing us over with reserved seating for finals. Let me explain...

In the leadup to the 2019 finals, the AFL came out and gloated about having frozen ticket prices. They lied. They actually re-classified seating categories on the sly.

For example, in 2018, the areas next to where our cheer squad sits (section M1-M7) was categorised as Category 4. In 2019, the exact same seats were categorised as Category 3, which was a significantly higher price.

Absolutely no one in the media picked up on this (or they did, but didn’t report on it).

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Woeful, abysmal.

* Essendon drugs, denial, wishy washy, confusing, limp response. GM seemed frazzled, confused and incoherent throughout. To this day I can't decide if it was because he is just so dumb he couldn't grasp what was happening, or he was so conflicted trying to protect and defend Essendon. The reason his response was so bizaare is because there was no defence.
* Nobody knows what his salary is. Big transparent corporations disclose renumeration, thats the benchmark. They don't have to, so they don't.
* Covid. Gets praise but for me its undeserved and wrong headed for 2 reasons. 1. AFL had no contingency fund. None. Zero. That is bad governance full stop. 2. All he did during covid was do his job, do some hard work for once.
* The MRP and Tribunal, say no more.
* The stand rule, brought in, rushed-in with no impact assessment, to solve a problem that didn't exist and has created a lot of problems.
* Umpiring.
* Sexual harrassment scandals in head office. Talking it down, shunting the perpetrators sideways.
* If you read Warner's book "The Boys Club", general dodgey awarding of contracts to mates, nepotism, opacity, malaise. A billion dollar operation run like a dodgey country footy league.
* Refusal to come out strong against Goodes booing.

Terrible, shameful. The AFL are a disgrace. A root and branch review is essential and urgent. But the key fact that there is no accountability mechanism, which is why we are here, means it won't happen..

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Angry
Reactions: 22 users